Indie Author's Marketplace discussion

General > Beta Readers

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elaine, VampPrincess Mod (new)

Elaine White | 202 comments Mod
I'm looking for Beta Readers, pre-publication, to help make Book 2 of the Secrets of Avelina Chronicles even better than Book 1.

I've had a lot of feedback on Book 1: Runaway Girl, that I've tried to answer in Book 2. If you're interested, leave me a comment and I'll shoot you a copy of Book 2, in pdf format, so you can add highlights, notes and any connotations you want.

I want to make sure this is the best book it can be. So don't be afraid to be honest...critique, correct, make comments, suggestions, pick it to pieces. That's what Beta Readers are for.

** as always, beta copies are NOT there to be shared, distributed or passed on in any way. My publisher and I both have the original copies and thanks to Beta Readers and my editor, the Beta copy will NOT be the final copy published. **

message 2: by Emmy (new)

Emmy Kuipers | 16 comments Hi Elaine, I'm willing to Beta-read but I won't have much time available in december. What is your 'deadline'?

message 3: by Elaine, VampPrincess Mod (new)

Emmy wrote: "Hi Elaine, I'm willing to Beta-read but I won't have much time available in december. What is your 'deadline'?"

No problem Emmy. We're not starting 'official' edits until March, so there's plenty of time. :)

message 4: by Emmy (new)

Emmy Kuipers | 16 comments That should be plenty of time indeed. Count me in.

message 5: by Elaine, VampPrincess Mod (new)

Emmy wrote: "That should be plenty of time indeed. Count me in."

Great. I'll send you the file. :)

message 6: by Dee (new)

Dee Pipes | 3 comments Elaine wrote: "I'm looking for Beta Readers, pre-publication, to help make Book 2 of the Secrets of Avelina Chronicles even better than Book 1.

I've had a lot of feedback on Book 1: Runaway Girl, that I've tried..."

I would be happy to read it, but I have not read book 1. Is that a problem?

message 7: by Elaine, VampPrincess Mod (new)

Dee wrote: "Elaine wrote: "I'm looking for Beta Readers, pre-publication, to help make Book 2 of the Secrets of Avelina Chronicles even better than Book 1.

I've had a lot of feedback on Book 1: Runaway Girl, ..."

Nope. Not a problem Dee. I can send you both if you want? Just PM me an e-mail address to send them to and I'd be happy to have your opinion. (Though Book 1 will be the officially released version, not an updated version with further edits. That will be released as a 2nd Edition in the future.)

Thanks very much Dee. :)