Shadowhunters RP discussion

New York Institute > Dani's Room

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kris (new)

Kris Harte (kristatic) The place where Dani sleeps. Decorated specially for her.

description

message 2: by alessia (last edited Nov 26, 2013 06:12PM) (new)

alessia (classick) Isabelle ushered Dani into the shower and told her she needed one. She quickly closed the bathroom door behind her and turned to the bedroom door. She peeped out to see Sierra. "You heard it, didn't you?" she whispered, her eyes looking a little urgent.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris Harte (kristatic) Dani stood in the shower and hoped Isabelle wouldn't tell her father. She was scared enough as it was.

message 4: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Sierra's face still held the slight expression of a smirk but she nodded slightly. "I still can't believe it." she looked at Isabelle. "She looked so quiet when she came in here. I didn't think..."

message 5: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) "Me neither," Isabelle said, cutting Sierra off quickly. "So...do we help her or ditch her?" she asked, not meaning to sound that harsh. Her knowledge told her this wasn't her business and to just leave Dani to her own problems. But then her heart told her she couldn't leave a Shadowhunter to deal with her problems on her own when Isabelle could help. Could she, though?

message 6: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "Ditch her?" Sierra asked in surprise. "You didn't even think of ditching me when I was being all...whatever and you're thinking of sending her away?" she gave her a disgusted look. "I thought Shadowhunters were better people than this even if you don't have a sense of style..."

message 7: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) "Shut up. I didn't mean kicking her out. And if I did, you would be in Singapore now," Isabelle snapped, narrowing her dark brown eyes, "I meant- Look, what can we do for her? If she can't help it, then what more about us?" Isabelle gave her a look before adding, "And I have a sense of style. It must be because you're such a loner that you have no idea what style is. Hint. It's not what you're wearing."

message 8: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "I do have a better sense of style than you at least." Sierra said. "I don't show off my runes everywhere I go and to every mundane I see." she smirked. "I don't think we can do anything for the girl if you were thinking of something. It looks like it's too late." she shrugged. "You can always think about sending her to Singapore if you can't handle it. I expect the people there will be better than you."

message 9: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) "Oh please," Isabelle scoffed, flipping her hair, "You're so clueless. There's such a thing as glamor, darling." She rolled her eyes, "Trust me, the people of Singapore might be better than me but I couldn't even get started when it comes to the people better than you." She glanced back into the room at the closed bathroom door, "I told you, the sensible thing is ditch her. It's not like we have much of a choice. Unless..." Wild ideas started filling her head. Get Alec to ask his boyfriend to help hide the baby? Hand the kid to the Fey? Have the werewolves Change the baby and take him or her in as their own?

message 10: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "I know about the glamour." Sierra said, annoyed. "I'm not a stupid as a clueless mundane." she glared at Isabelle. "There are not many people better than me.' she said. "In fighting, at least. I bet I'm better than you at it. You look more like a doll yourself." she scoffed. "Unless....what? Getting some crazy idea in that messed-up brain of yours?"

message 11: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) "The most messed up thing in the world has to be your style, doll," Isabelle fired back, glaring too. "We'll see about your fighting skills, girl. I bet even Alec could beat you. Wait, even Max could."

message 12: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "Who's Alec?" Sierra asked. "Another Shadowhunter like you? I bet he'd be as pathetic as you. All shadowhunters must be." she scoffed.

message 13: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) "Not counting you? Pft, I knew you were the arrogant type," Isabelle commented with another scoff in return. "If you're so good, dolly, you wouldn't be here. Your mother would be begging for you to stay." She paused before adding, "Look at her now, chasing you out." She rolled her eyes and said, "Come on, face it. You wouldn't be here if you didn't think it was good for you." With that, she closed the door.

She didn't plan to lock herself in with Dani. She planned to wait for Sierra to get lost before getting back to her room. She really couldn't stand her luck right now. And she couldn't hold back her anger much. It was fine that she insulted Isabelle, Isabelle picked a fight, anyway. But accuse Alec of being pathetic and you shouldn't get away with it easily.

message 14: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "My mom id not chase me out!" Sierra nearly banged on the door in her frustration. "We...she couldn't take care of me." she banged once on the closed door. It was satisfying. "Just open it." she said. "You're being really rude." she wondered who Alec was. She had a strange suspicion she'd heard of him somewhere. She realized that Isabelle might be angry because she'd called him pathetic. "Okay." she said. "Shadowhunters are not pathetic. You, not included."

message 15: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) "Forget about me opening the door, then," Isabelle hissed, slamming her back against the door as Sierra banged at it. "Is your rune more powerful than mine, or what?" she yelled, carving a considerably powerful locking rune into the door. With that, she stepped away from the door, turning to face it again. "Alec is my brother. I know he's weird and he hates hunting, but he's not pathetic," she told Sierra through to the door. She kept her tongue in check, she didn't want to accidentally slip out the news that Alec was homosexual. And definitely not Sierra of all people. Clary, okay. Simon, okay. Jace, he should know. Magnus, he would be delighted if he still hadn't already known.

message 16: by Kris (new)

Kris Harte (kristatic) Dani peeked her head out of the bathroom door afraid of what Isabelle might say if she knew sh had been ease dropping. Dani didn't know why she was surprised no one wanted to deal with a baby, but it was still hers. Her bottom lip trembled, she shouldn't have said anything.

message 17: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Sierra pulled out her stele. "Let's see, shall we?" she hissed and drew the unlocking rune on the door. Her runes weren't as powerful as her fighting skills so she only succeeded in making the door shake against its hinges a little bit and then it stopped. "I didn't know he was your BROTHER." she said, pushing against the door since her rune didn't work. "And I wouldn't know even if he was wierd since I've never met him." she leaned against the door. She'd wanted to talk to somebody and here was somebody. She actually enjoyed arguments.

message 18: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) Isabelle scoffed when Sierra failed to unlock the door. She wasn't the strongest rune user, Clary was, but she did feel good to see that at least her runes were better than Sierra's. Honestly, her runes weren't as strong as Jace's or Alec's even. "I don't care if he was my grandmother and you didn't know!" Isabelle hollered. The two were so loud, she didn't notice Dani peeping out the bathroom. "You don't insult the Lightwood family!" she continued. Locking the door on Sierra wasn't really punishing her, exactly, but Sierra seemed to be fighting it. And that was just what Isabelle needed. Something to gush out all her grievances at. Someone who didn't mind and had a lot of grievances herself.

message 19: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "I don't know anything about the Lightwood family!" Sierra shouted. "And I don't know anything about this brother of yours to insult him as I would like to." she made a half-laughing sound. "I can insult you without even knowing you. That's an achievement even for me. I hardly ever do that. You must be easy to insult." she leaned aainst the door, hoping that the rune she'd drawn had at least made it weak enough to fall apart with her weight.

message 20: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) Isabelle laughed and let her back lean against the door, pressing it straight as she drew a repairing rune next to the hinges. "Your mom shall grow fat," she said, using one of the curses she only used as a small child. It felt hilarious to mention it now. Especially to Sierra of all people. She realized she was wondering a lot. "You too. I could call you a doll, clueless, un-hunter-like or maybe...ugly. Probably no one told you your hair's crazy, but here. I tell you now. Your hair is crazy." She hesitated before asking, "You haven't been much community-friendly, have you?" Shadowhunters that knew they were Shadowhunters--yeah, not Clary--living in New York or close, should know about the Lightwood family as the caretakers of the New York Institute.

message 21: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "My hair is NOT crazy." Sierra said. "Better than yours anyway." she smirked to herself. "You should grow up." she said. She realized that Isabelle had drawn another rune and stoppped leaning afainst the door. "I am community-friendly." Sierra said. "I have heard of you Lightwoods, stuck-up people who stay at the Institute. But I meant I don't know anything about YOU." she crossed h arms across her chest even though Isabelle couldn't see her.

message 22: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) "Whatever that makes you feel better, doll," Isabelle scoffed, rolling her eyes. "White hair? That's too attractive," she commented, "Don't you ever hunt with anybody? We're not called Shadowhunters for nothing, Williams." No, she wasn't going to call Sierra "Sierra". "Use your brain if you have one under that mess," Isabelle continued, "Stuck-up people don't get this kind of job. Stuck-up people get chased out of their homes and they go running for help. Then they act so stuck-up at wherever the soul gets itself into."

message 23: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "It's not white." Sierra said, annoyed. "It's blonde and you're really one to talk, aren't you Lightwood? I've never seen anyone more stuck-up than you inmy life." she paused. "I do have a brain that works better than yours most of the time and I have hunted with a lot of people before. I've killed more demons than you can imagine on my own. I was not chased out of my home. My mom said she's sending me to a better place...."

message 24: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) "Don't tell me you believe that!" Isabelle said before she could stop herself. She paused for a moment before admitting, "Okay, fine. Better place this, better place that. New York Institute is better than any home in New York." She rolled her eyes, "And it helps you to loose that attitude of yours. Clearly, you don't know the difference between stuck-up and high-up. Because I'm the latter and you can be the first option. There. We're different." She scoffed as she crossed her arms, still leaning against the room door. "I've killed more demons than you can imagine on my own." Yeah right. Isabelle bet Jace could beat her. And of course, she could beat her very new rival.

message 25: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "I didn't say I believe that!" Sierra said. "I already hate this Institute and I hate you. I'mnot stuck-up and you definitely are." she shook her head. "You're the one who has the attitude. You can't even open the door for me and m dad said you're hospitable...." she scoffed. "Everything I heard about this place is not true at all. All o you are just as bad as the Clave. Maybe even worse."

message 26: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) "Then leave!" Isabelle replied, "The bed ain't big enough for you. The people ain't good enough for you. I don't treat you like you're all-important and that ain't satisfying for you. People want privacy and that ain't reasonable to you. The Institute ain't as hospitable enough for you. The truth ain't as pretty as you'd like it!" She couldn't help but yell, "Why not you just leave and make your own Institute, then? If you're so good in hunting, then you should be worshiped, right? Go ahead and be your own God!"

message 27: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments That hurt, for once. Sierra did not reply for a whole minute and when she did, her voice shook. "I did not mean that." she said and closed her eyes. Oh my God. It was so difficult saying this. "If you want to know something about me." Sierra said. "I'm never nice to anyone so it's not just about you." she stopped for a second.

message 28: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) "This is what the Institute is about too," Isabelle said, gentler, this time. "You think, that whenever someone new comes in, they're all perfect? Like a diamond, polished and shining perfectly? No. Everyone's a stone when they come here. Edgy, mean, lost, scared, something that's not perfect. But when they come here, they meet other people, they see things they've never seen before. Sometimes there's stress, but people know stress on a stone makes it a diamond. Then, when you start to see the beauty of people that still aren't perfect yet, you'll get polished. Soon enough, you're a shining diamond. Not perfect, but beautiful, still." What in the world are you saying? She recognized the words as words of encouragement given to her by her mother. "That's what my mother said," Isabelle added, but it was barely audible. "Trust me, Williams, I'm not nice to many people, too. But...a few friends will do you good." She fell silent after that, only the faint sound of the shower turned on could be heard in the room.

message 29: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Sierra had to smile at that. Isabelle had been so...brash before but now these words coming out of her mouth seemed to be completely opposite to what she'd said earlier. "We're not as different as we think we are." she said. "Can you open the door now?" she didn't know whether Isabelle would listen but it was worth a shot. "Actually," she said, hating to admit it. "I really liked my room. I liked the Institute and even though I've not met your brother, I'm sure he won't be THAT bad." she shrugged.

message 30: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) "Fine," Isabelle said submissively, carving an unlocking rune over the locking one. She'd have to get the door repaired for Dani, whom she was sure wouldn't like runes carved into her door. With it done, she opened the door and leaned against it, one leg crossed over the other. That's when the words slipped out of her mouth, "Be warned, Alec's gay." Suddenly a grin vanished and she cursed herself audibly. "I was just kidding," she added quickly, hoping to cover up her mistake. Why in the world are you so careless, Isabelle Sophia Lightwood?

message 31: by Kris (new)

Kris Harte (kristatic) When Dani was sure most of the fighting was done, she crept out the bathroom and sat in her bed. She pulled a pillow to her chest, partially to covered her stomach but also something for her to hold on to if they started fighting again.

message 32: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Sierra froze at the door. Her hand wavering over the handle. She looked at Isabelle again. "What did you say just now." That's why she seemed so intent on defending him. she thought but aloud she said. "I thought I'd heard you wrong."

message 33: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) "Nothing, I just said...he's-" Isabelle racked her mind for words that rhymed with "gay", "Hay. He's not the best in hand-to-hand combat, you know. He's much better at runes." She didn't know if she made it convincing, she hoped she did as she crossed her fingers mentally. She heard a shuffle behind her and turned to find Dani in bed. Feeling great to have a reason to change the subject, she asked Dani, "I'm guessing you would like us to leave, right?" She didn't wait for an answer before she weaved behind Sierra and made for the kitchen, leaving Sierra with Dani.

message 34: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "I heard what you said." Sierra called after her as she left. "And I'm not going to treat him any differently because of that if I meet him." she turned to Dani and looked at her for a moment. "You look like you've just been kicked by someone." she said. "There's no need to look so sad all the time."

message 35: by Kris (new)

Kris Harte (kristatic) Dani bit her lip, "Then how am I supposed to feel?" she asked softly.

message 36: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "I don't know." Sierra said. "I mean, you've got a place to stay now."

message 37: by Kris (new)

Kris Harte (kristatic) Dani squeezed the pillow closer to herself. "It doesn't matter. I-I don't want this, I just want to be normal." She gave a small humorless laugh, "Or as normal as a shadowhunter girl."

message 38: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "You can be normal." Sierra said. "Even with..." she looked without thinking at Dani's stomach. "You'll be okay." she was surprised at herself. She was not used to reassuring people.

message 39: by Kris (last edited Nov 29, 2013 04:15PM) (new)

Kris Harte (kristatic) Dani pulled a pillow over her stomach, "I don't know how to take care of a baby." she admitted

message 40: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Sierra crossed her arms over her chest. "Babies are easy." she said. "They just cry and eat and sleep. What's so difficult about that?"

message 41: by Kris (new)

Kris Harte (kristatic) "What people will say about the baby." She admitted

message 42: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "I don't know." Sierra said. "That's a difficult one. You'll have to think about it." she shrugged. She wasn't used to helping people.

message 43: by Kris (new)

Kris Harte (kristatic) Dani nodded sadly, "Why do you and Isabelle fight a lot?"

message 44: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "We just met around half-an-hour ago." Sierra said. "I think we hit off on the wrong vein."

message 45: by Kris (new)

Kris Harte (kristatic) "Very." Dani said, glad she didn't have siblings. She was a fighter but didn't like to.

message 46: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "And I like arguing." Sierra said, leaning against the wall. "She was a very good person to argue with."

message 47: by Kris (new)

Kris Harte (kristatic) Dani cocked her head to the side. Either Sierra was a weird person or she just didn't get sibling rivalry.

message 48: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "You seem quiet." Sierra said. "Don't like to talk much?"

message 49: by Kris (new)

Kris Harte (kristatic) Dani shook her head, "I'm an only child, and my parents are usually busy."

message 50: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Sierra nodded. "I'm an only child too but I talk much more than you. Wonder why."

« previous 1