David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Archive's > The Gift of Giving

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shauna (new)

Shauna Leonhardt | 119 comments If there was one book in the whole world you would give as a gift this Holiday season... what would it be and why???

Mine would have to be... One of my all time favorites Codex of Allera by Jim Butcher. Probably one of the most Original writers and his seriers is prob the best I have read!! Thanks to my amazing brother for making me read it!!

message 2: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10713 comments Mod
Great topic! Love this! It would depend on the person, but I'd give The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater to anyone who likes horses and fantasy :)

message 3: by B.B. (new)

B.B. Shepherd (bbshepherd) As you say, it would probably depend on the person, but my favorite book this year is also a Maggie book: The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater . I think it can be enjoyed by guys or girls too, and is contemporary with elements of magic and suspense. I loved it! :)

message 4: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
I'd be tempted to buy anyone at all The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

message 5: by Katelyn (new)

Katelyn Broad (katelynb) Jenny wrote: "I'd be tempted to buy anyone at all The Book Thief by Markus Zusak"

Same here!

message 6: by Shauna (new)

Shauna Leonhardt | 119 comments Awesome!! I am so excited that you guys played!! =)

message 7: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10713 comments Mod
Shauna wrote: "Awesome!! I am so excited that you guys played!! =)"

LOL of course we played! It's fun :)

message 8: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
Katelyn wrote: "Jenny wrote: "I'd be tempted to buy anyone at all The Book Thief by Markus Zusak"

Same here!"

I just got my B&N collector's edition in the mail today! Its beautiful!! I was debating buying my mom one for Christmas!