What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

A Secret Affair (Huxtable Quintet, #5)
This topic is about A Secret Affair
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > Historical romance title [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ariane (new)

Ariane | 2 comments The heroine is either a countess or a duchess, I think. (I could be wrong.) Anyways, she marries an older duke (or earl) because the guy she liked (or dating) was with her sister. The sister stole him. The heroine is beautiful and because of that her parents think she'll be fine. The older guy marries her because he feels bad for her.

The main hero dude has devil as a nickname, I think. His cousin is likened to an angel. With him, he missed the title because he was born a bastard. His parents married after he was born. His brother held the title, but he was sickly, I think. He died, and then the title went to distant relatives.

The heroines husband dies after some number of years. While married, she has a reputation of cheating on her husband. The heroine gets the hero guy as her lover eventually. He finds out she's still a virgin because her husband the old duke(or whatever he is) was gay. He was in a relationship with his secretary, I think.

Thanks.

message 2: by Sue (new)

Sue Elleker | 780 comments The nicknames Devil and Angel make me think of the Cynster series by Stephanie Laurens.
There's a lot of books, so I can't pin it down.

Aerulan | 1197 comments A Secret Affair (Huxtable Quintet, #5) by Mary Balogh A Secret Affair by Mary Balogh. Definitely the one you are looking for.

message 4: by Ariane (new)

Ariane | 2 comments Thanks a bunch! It's the one by Mary Balogh.

message 5: by Merrilee (new)

Merrilee (jrsygrl626) | 189 comments It's part of a series. The cousins all have books too. First Comes Marriage, Then Comes Seduction, At Last Comes Love, and Seducing an Angel are the other books. It's a good series.