The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines, #4) The Fiery Heart discussion

Cliffhanger (SPOILERS)

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JJ (new) - rated it 3 stars

JJ Let's face it. We all knew it was going to happen. I was not surprised that it did, but rather disappointed at how it happened. I was expecting...idk...a more dramatic capture. Well I'm actually looking forward to seeing Sydney being re-educated. I'm curious about the process of reeducation. You KNOW the Alchemists have some knowledge of witches so I'm wondering what they'll do if they figure out she is one. So what did you guys think?

BTW totally called Trey working with the group to defeat a Strigoi

message 2: by Robbin (last edited Nov 25, 2013 08:21PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Robbin Honestly I don't know where to start. The whole time I knew where this was going and in my mind I was thinking "just get the tattoo!" even if it was somewhere they couldn't see it like in her hair, or somewhere like that She should have know better and now they are going to make her just as crazy as that other "re-educated" dude. And I just wanted to choke her sister, how could she do her that way after everything she did for her!? Grrr. But the way it ended definitely made my eye twitch if it wasn't already. I hate how Richelle Mead ends her books, I love them and have read all of them a couple of times so it shouldn't surprise me anymore but it kills me how she gives this great lead in and everything is building up and your all excited and then... THE END. Kills me every time.

Summer yeah I already figured the way they kept talking about re-education that she was going to end up in it, and when they brought the sister I could also see her getting to close and figuring something out between Sydney and Adrian. and when he lost the phone it was like Bam! there's your giveaway. I really can't wait to see the next book though. I'd like to see if they somehow are able to re-educate her and the vamp friends have to help her remember or something? or maybe they bust her out somehow. I don't know. but waiting till July is going to be hard haha

message 4: by Kelena (last edited Nov 26, 2013 02:01AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kelena There's a next book in line so it was crystal clear that there's going to be the cliff at the end but somehow I wasn't ready seeing Sydney being captured for the re-education process but we all knew that rightnow there wasn't another way to get insight about what happens during this mysterious re-education.

Throughout the book when Sydney was working on the whole anti-compulsion ink I was waiting for the moment when she inked her tattoo but suddenly.... The Cliffy was standing there and waving The End in my face.

i'll be dying little by little till july.

Gina I agree with you guys that Sydney going to re-education was inevitable and kind of predictable, but omg it still made me cry when it finally happened - it was like finishing shadow kissed all over again! Richelle mead is known for her cliffies and this one definitely did not disappoint and I'm really glad it ended with Sydney holding her ground and challenging the alchemists to do their worst! The only thing that disappointed me slightly was Adrian's reaction to go out drinking, did anyone else feel the same? Although I'm sure in the next book he'll get his act together and do Sydney proud! :D

message 6: by JJ (last edited Nov 27, 2013 03:32PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

JJ Robbin wrote: "Honestly I don't know where to start. The whole time I knew where this was going and in my mind I was thinking "just get the tattoo!" even if it was somewhere they couldn't see it like in her hair,..."

I think the tattoo is suppose to go over the golden lily and it's suppose to be invisible so no one would know. But, I agree she should have gotten the tattoo. She was so careless in this book, especially on her birthday. If she knew things were bad with Zoe and she was finally gaining ground, she should have waited for the weekend and spend the day with her sister.

I think Zoe selling her out was more out of anger at Sydney for not prioritizing during the divorce process.

message 7: by JJ (new) - rated it 3 stars

JJ Gina wrote: "The only thing that disappointed me slightly was Adrian's reaction to go out drinking, did anyone else feel the same?"

Well, seeing as he was getting his spirit back and that amplifies his feelings, I don't condemn him for his drinking. That being said I also wish he does better at handling himself in the next book. I think that's part of the separation plot, (at least I hope so) to have Adrian prove his worth in finding Sydney while she resists her captors.

Gina I agree with you and hope we're right that Adrian proves himself in silver shadows. I think he's a bit lost at the minute because there is literally no trace of Sydney and Ms.T's spells didn't work, plus he can't find her using spirit dreams, but I think as soon as they get a descent lead, he'll be totally focused on following it up and getting her back. Also, I think the cliffhanger now puts Adrian in a position where I think he's going to have to tell certain people about their relationship, especially since Sonya has noticed things going on between them, but also because I think he'll need to vent to people and talk about what he's going through. A little prediction I have is that what Rose said to him in last sacrifice about knowing when you've found the right person will be brought up again between them!

Sandra I really can't blame Adrian for drinking, In one sweep he lost the love of his life and no one can find her. Besides, I don't think his friends would let him stay drunk all that long. Jill will suffer the consequences and I'm sure Eddie and Neil be happy to set him straight, or even Rose if need be.

I don't really think he needs to tell anyone. They will figure it out soon enough, because he reaction/behavior is way off. I would really love to kill that new Alchemist girl, hehe, cold-hearted freak. (that's sooo unfair of me, I wanted to kill her more then Zoe) I think Zoe will turn around - I need her to turn around soo badly. Maybe her dad will take her to see Sydney and that will do the trick...

I've got some theories on how this epic story needs to end haha. But if anyone can find her, it will be Abe! He will be the leader of the pact. Best anti-hero dad ever :D

message 10: by JJ (new) - rated it 3 stars

JJ Avalon wrote: I would really love to kill that new Alchemist girl, hehe, cold-hearted freak. (that's sooo unfair of me, I wanted to kill her more then Zoe)"

I don't have anything against the new Alchemist girl. She is just doing her job, it's not like she was involved in Sydney's capture. Zoe on the other hand, I have a hard time forgiving. I would love for Adrian to visit her in her dreams and torment her for what she did to her sister. I doubt that will happen though.

message 11: by Gina (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gina Hahaha, JJ I absolutely love your idea about Adrian tormenting Zoe in her dreams, I really hope that girl gets her comeuppance and soon! I also really want her dad to suffer in some way for how he's treated his family, especially Sydney, and I think Abe may take it upon himself to make sure that happens :D

Sandra Gina wrote: "I also really want her dad to suffer in some way for how he's treated his family, especially Sydney, and I think Abe may take it upon himself to make sure that happens :D "

And free of charge, most likely haha

message 13: by Gina (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gina haha :D aw, I love Abe - I think everyone should have an Abe to watch their back :)

Veronica i just hope the re-education doesn't work since she uses magic now but i have a weird feeling that abe is going to help her get out witch i hope he does

Veronica i don't think that would be a good idea for Adrian to go into Zoe's dreams cause she"ll tell her father who would tell those assholes and they would probably they to block him from her dreams but good idea tho Zoe deserves it foe what she did. At the end tho when Sydney stood up to her father. THATS RIGHT SHE GAVE IT TO HIM LOL

Kasey I really hope that in the last battle scene when they are saving Sydney that they will be confronted by her father and sister and then Sydney uses her magic against them and she about to either kill them or something really bad and someone has to try and convince her to stop.

Hannah I loved a lot of the thoughts here. I liked Adrian visiting Zoe in her dreams why not influence her like her father does. I think Abe will definitely be involved! There was a reason for his speech at court! I felt so happy and proud reading that last sentence from Sydney and I hope she sticks it to her father just like she did in the car when she told him Adrian had been 'everywhere' haha
July does seem far away but when you think about its six months much better then waiting a year :)

message 18: by Jennifer (last edited Dec 15, 2013 03:42PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennifer Dixon Robbin wrote: "Honestly I don't know where to start. The whole time I knew where this was going and in my mind I was thinking "just get the tattoo!" even if it was somewhere they couldn't see it like in her hair,..."

She doesn't need the tattoo... I hope... her magic will protect her! The alchemists WILL NOT brake her! She is going to get out, help her mother win custody of Zoe (damn I hate that girl), run away with Adrian and have those perfect children he joked about! If I think anything else I am going to have a breakdown... but I am intrigued by what will happen with Adrian in the mean time and what'll go down at the re-education centre...

Why aren't they asking that older witch for help!?! (I forgot her name, I think it starts with an 'I', you know she had a weird rose and dollie obsession) she liked Sydney and she is supposed to be really strong/powerful! Even if Ms. T can't help her surely the other Wiccan can throw in a helping hand! Her coven hasn't done anything! There must be something the witches can use against the alchemists! I really want them to have a part of this because they mean so much to Sydney! It would just be right for them to help because they are like her magical family!

Chelsi I CANNOT even begin to explain how much I hate Zoe and her dad right now. From, the beginning I strongly disliked both of them, but now I despise them.
When Eddie showed up at Ms. Terwilliger's door alone... I felt my heart break. It was the worst reading from then on. I cried but I love how strong Sydney is and how she stands up for herself. She has to hold out in re-education and not let them get to her until Adrian comes to save her because he will. I know that he will. I think that Rose or Dimitri should be there to help, as well as Abe and Inez.
One of my favorite quotes from this book will forever be: Centrum Permanebit. It was so sweet what Sydney did. Adrian needs to believe that the center will hold because it will in the end.
I hate how that book ended. I was all happy and excited from the moment I started the book, to just have that dashed by the time I finished. A part of me died that day when I finished and I need the fifth book, Silver Shadows, NOW.

message 20: by Gina (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gina My heart broke at the of the book

Vixen I was pissed at Zoe for turning in her sister. Of course I kind of seen it coming since Sydney kept ditching her. Especially after that whole thing at the resturant with their father. I thought she should have been more careful but whatever.

And omfg the Love Phone! When it got lost I knew nothing good was to come from it. She shouldn't have texted it at all! And Adrian should have told her ASAP when he had lost the phone not just an, "oh yeah I misplaced it" O_O I mean, really?!

As for the ending, when Eddie showed up alone all I felt was dread. When the ending explained everything and she left that message with Eddie for Adrian that "the center will hold" I was so sad. I was crying!

And when Sydney was captured, I was pissed at her father. Especially when he hit her, I thought there was going to be some fireballs from anger, but no. And then I was proud of Sydney how she held her ground against him though she was ziptied. And was like "HAH!" when she told him that Adrian did "everything" to her. The re-education part when she was in the dark place, I thought for sure she was going to get witchy, but once again no. but I'm hoping there will be witch powers in the next book.

CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT BOOK!!!

Zayna I love the Idea that Abe would save her but would it be cool if her boss (I forgot her name) did?

message 23: by Kary (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kary I seriously don't know how I will live until the Silver Shadows come out, like seriously I NEED IT RIGHT NOW

Veronica i just wish i could throw Zoe, her dad and all alchemists to strigoi. i need the next book.