Detailed Roleplayers discussion

1x1 > Rana and Teddy

Comments Showing 1-50 of 68 (68 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, thanks for making the topic! Okay I'll list a few of my ideas and then you can type up some of yours and we can decide from there.

~ Two kids live in Seattle, Washington. Neither have normal relationships with their parents and their constantly trying to make it on their own without getting caught, and put back into the foster care system. Our characters meet and try to build a new life together while hitting bumps along the road of course.

~ My character is just a normal teenage girl, living her life and hanging out with her friends. But she eventually learns that she's being stalked, and tries to get her stalker to leave her alone without telling her parents.

~ On the outside my character is a normal sixteen year. Her parents think she's the perfect princess because she doesn't seem to be doing anything wrong. But in reality she's living a double life. She lies and tells her parents that she got an internship in the city, when she's really involved with a strip company. She meets your character at the club and her life continues to fall apart.

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 18690 comments Hmm, I like either the first one of the last one the best ^^

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Which would you rather do? (:

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Ugh really I like both ideas, but I feel like the runaways would be extremely interesting!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Yep! Now it's time for characters, I know that I won't be able to post mine tonight because I need to go to bed soon. So, you can go ahead and post your character and I'll make mine tomorrow! (:

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 18690 comments I'm gonna have to post mine tomorrow too actually ^^; I'm working on homework as nearly as soon as I'm done, I have to get off and get ready for bed as well.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

That's fine! I'll talk to you later, gnight! (:

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey, sorry I was traveling all afternoon yesterday. Are you ready to create characters?

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 18690 comments It's alright (: And mine mine be a bit late. I'm going over my sisters house in a bit today, the entire day tomorrow and I'll be there in the morning on Friday. So my character will have to be up Friday afternoon.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

That's fine, I know everyone is super busy with the holidays right now. I'll go ahead and make my character.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Sorry I've been busy Black Friday shopping and all! I just need to do my character background and finish her personality. I'll post her as soon as I get home - in like 30 minutes.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

“So I ran, but not because I wanted to be chased…”

Name: Bethany Greyland ~ only her closet friends call her Beth, but for the most part she prefers to be called Bethany.

Birthdate: December 1, 1997

Appearance:

Bethany is extremely beautiful. She looks a lot older than she is, but at the same time she seems innocent. Her big hazel eyes are mesmerizing and surrounded by her long, thick, curly eyelashes. Her brown eyebrows are naturally formed into their “perfect” shape. Bethany’s hair reaches just below her shoulders, and is light brown with some blonde highlights. Her nose is slightly ski-sloped and her lips big, plump, and pink. Bethany’s skin is a nice olive color, and if you look hard enough you’ll notice the tiny brown freckles that cover her body. She stands at 5’4” and is noticeable curvy, yet fit. Overall Bethany is a pretty, fun-sized, girl.

“A lot of people hate the rain, but I love it. It’s comforting and in some weird way it gives me hope. I guess it’s because when the rain stops…the day is always brighter.”

Personality:At first glance you'd never guess that Bethany isn't like every other sixteen year old girl. Her innocent looks make her seem as if she's never experienced pain, rejection, or any other type of heart ache. But that's completely wrong. Everything that Bethany’s been through has led her to take on a quite persona. But once you earn her trust she's an open-minded, talkative person.

Background: Bethany never lived in a stable environment. Her parents died in a house fire when she was three and her grandmother wasn't able to take care of her, so she was thrown into the foster care system. After being bounced around from house to house, neglected, and sexual abused she finally decided that enough was enough and ran away. She found herself in the rainy city of Seattle, Washington where she's sleeping in the safest places possible and trying to survive on her own.

Other: x

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks! I know her background and personality are extremely short, but I'm experiencing extreme writer's block with my characters right now lol.

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 18690 comments It's totally fine lol I'm still coming out of a roleplay block.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay great! How long will you be online? I need to do some homework, and will probably be on around eight or nine.

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 18690 comments Sorry, I didn't see this. I'm on probably until around 11 or so. And I finished meh character :D

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 18690 comments Name: Derek Lee Carter

Date of Birth: December 12

Sexuality: Pansexual

Appearance
 photo tumblr_lgsh1otQSp1qe4nyno1_500_large_zps7de1af8e.jpg
Derek has dark brown hair, strands of blonde visible in certain light, and bright blue eyes. Many people have asked him if he wears contacts, but he does not. He stands at 6'4 and weighs roughly 140 lbs, pretty skinny considering how tall he is. Due to past experiences, Derek has many scars on his body.

(view spoiler)

"You're damned if you too thin and you're damned if your too heavy. According to the press I've been both. It's impossible to satisfy everyone and I suggest that we stop trying."

Family and Friends
Derek has no friends or family, living in foster care since he was 3 years old.

photo Aloneintherain-1_zps32bf8a54.gif

"It's like once you've been hurt, or hurt somebody, you're so scared to get attached again. Like you have this feeling that everyone you get close to is just going to break your heart.

History
Derek was abused since he was a child. Both of his parents were alcoholics and began to beat him nearly as soon as he was born. They would curse at him and hit him so much that he one time had to be taken to the hospital because they thought he was going to die. That was when they found out the abuse his parents had been giving him and took him away from them, placing him into a foster care. Derek didn't mind it much at first and he was first taken home when he was 7. That was the worst experience he even had. It was a man that was also an alcoholic and abused him, though he used scissors instead of his hands. Derek was soon taken away from him, but he, to this day, hates sharp objects. After that, he's been in and out of homes, always getting sent back within 2 months or so. Finally, he had enough and left.

Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes when you fall, you fly.

Personality
Due to his past, Derek is very closed off. When taken home, he rarely spoke at all and sort of rebelled, not doing something he didn't want to, but he would never give an explanation as to why he didn't do it. He has a voice, unfortunately, he just doesn't use it often. Besides that though, he has good intentions and never, ever wants to hurt someone, whether it's intentional or unintentional. He isn't that kind of person. Derek has a large heart, but there is a limit to how much every person can give.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Uh, he's so good looking!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you, I love her eyes! Do you want to start the roleplay now?

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 18690 comments Her eyes are really pretty. And yesh! We shall start! Where do you want us to start this off?

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

It's night and Bethany and Derek end up at a teen shelter? They meet and start to figure each other out. Or they could be wandering the streets.

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 18690 comments Wandering the streets sound good (: Could you start?

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Roaring cars, cross walk sounds, and the sound of rain hitting the sidewalk filled Bethany's ears. She was walking but to where exactly? Well she didn't really know. She'd most likely end up under a bridge, or sleeping in the city park shed. But right now none of that matter because she was more focused on how she was going to eat. She had a total of fifty dollars saved up and didn't want to start spending it any time soon. Thinking about all the places she could eat for free, or pay for her food with a favor she continued down the street. Passing people from all different social classes and walks of life. The city always came alive at night.

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 18690 comments Derek sat on one of the benches, watching all of the cars go by him on the street. The bookstore he'd been in all day was now closing soon, so he had been asked to leave. Now he was just thinking about where he could get his meal and where the best place was to sleep. He was rarely cold, considering he had on a tank top, a button up shirt, sweater and two jackets. However, since he did have all of that stuff on, people have tried to rob him at least 7 times already. Thankfully, he always got away unharmed and with nothing lost. That could always change though, he knew that.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

The rain began to pick up and Bethany placed the hood of her long dark green army jacket on her head. She had an umbrella but with the amount of homeless people wandering the streets, someone was bound to take it from her. She always kept "precious" items such as that in her black leather backpack. Everything she owned rested on her back, and she knew that if someone took it from her she'd be in a world of trouble. She noticed a small taco shop at the end of the street and decided to stop by. On the way there she passed a boy. He paid no attention to her but Bethany couldn't help but notice how attractive he was.

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 18690 comments Derek raised an eyebrow when it began to rain harder, muttering a curse and putting on his beanie and then the hood of his sweater on top of that. Luckily, no one had been able to take either of those things away from him. Reaching into his pocket, Derek counted his money, which ended up being 35 dollars and at least 6 dollars in change, mainly quarters. It seemed like enough, but with the amount of time it's going to take him to find any kind of work, it was very little. Guess he'd skip yet another meal tonight.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Bethany entered the taco shop and ordered the two cheapest things on the menu. Deciding that she could part without $3.50 she paid and sat by the window. As she began to dig into her cheesy nachos and sip her water she looked at the city. The lights were extremely beautiful and made her dig deep into her thoughts. Thinking that some day she'd be able to live in a high rise in the city, but that dream was far away. After she finished eating she asked the manager if they were hiring. They weren't but he told her to come back in a couple of months. She smiled and walked out of the shop, heading back into the direction of the boy.

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 18690 comments Sighing softly, Derek stood up and stretched his arms out. Last night he'd ended up sleeping in an alleyway behind a pizza shop nearby. Not the best idea. He smelled like garbage and wasn't able to stand up properly for at least an hour. Looking around, he decided the best idea might actually be to sleep in the woods near the park. A tree might be a bit wet, but it's also decent coverage from the rain. And he was less likely to get robbed off of. Smiling softly, he stuck his hands in his pocket and headed towards the park, ignoring the pain in his empty stomach.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Bethany made her way towards the park. As she entered it's gates she noticed the boy. What's he doing here? She thought to herself as she made her way towards the shed. The Park was surprisingly one of the less populated places in the city. You'd expect a lot of older homeless people to stay here but they didn't. It was mainly a place rich teens came to smoke pot after school, or have sex under the play sets. It wasn't well lit, but it was one of the safest places Bethany could find when she first arrived in town. As she continued the path towards the shed she noticed the boy again.

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 18690 comments Derek walked through the park, noticing a few kids smoking over by the swings. They looked up when he glanced over at them, but made no move to come over to him and soon just looked back at each other to continue their own conversations. Sighing softly, he was thankful for that. One less issue to worry about for the time being. As he neared the woods, he looked up into the trees and decided it best to go further in. That way, in the morning he was less likely to get noticed as well as the trees further in probably had the best coverage.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Bethany decided that if he was still in the park in the morning, she'd talk to him then. Tired and wet she entered the shed locked the door and moved the only piece of lawn equipment, a lawn mower in front of the door. She took off her backpack and placed it against the wall. She closed the cloth curtains that hung in front of the shed's small glass window and laid down. She always slept in her clothes, because she never knew when she would get caught. "Goodnight..." she whispered into the cool darkness of the shed as if someone else was laying next to her. She closed her hazel eyes and fell into a deep sleep.

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 18690 comments Derek found a high enough tree and begun to climb, having no issues at all. He always was good at stuff like this, climbing trees and being fairly agile. He wasn't the best, but he was decent enough that the caregivers at the foster car unit he was in as well as foster parents were a bit surprised at it. Once he was high enough, he took off the small backpack that he had extra clothing in as well as a few other things in and hung it up on a nearby branch. He unzipped his backpack and took out the water bottle he bought earlier that day. He drank two mouthfuls worth of it before putting it back and looking up into the night sky, smiling once more. He wasn't even sure if he would sleep tonight, he never tried. Sometimes it came and sometimes it didn't. He'd just have to wait and see...

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

The next morning Bethany awoke as soft beams of sunlight made their way through the thickness of the grey curtains. She smiled, stretched and stood. She opened her back pack and changed into new under garments, a fresh pair of jeans and a new sweater and hoodie. She laced her black combat boots and put on her army jacket. She opened the small pocket mirror that sat in the smaller pocket of her backpack and fixed her soft curls. After repacking her backpack she moved the lawn mower and headed outside, where she brushed her teeth with a water bottle and spit into the grass. She started her way down the path and as she looked up into the treetops she noticed the boy from the night before.

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 18690 comments Sleep had thankfully eventually found Derek and he lay asleep on the tree branch, leaning back against the trunk. When the sun begun to sine, he stirred and slowly opened his eyes. Checking his watch, which was given to him 3 Christmas' ago by a foster parents before he was shipped back into his unit, he noticed it was 8 in the morning. He'd gotten about 4 hours of sleep. That was fairly decent. He touched his stomach as he heard it growl, yawning as he stood up in the branch and balanced, stretching his arms over his head.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

"Hey" Bethany said in a tone that hopefully wouldn't startle the boy. She glanced around the park before focusing back on him. "Why are you up so high?" She asked even though she knew the answer. All the runaways found creative ways to stay out of the eye of police and potential harm. She tugged on the zipper of her jacket and bit on her bottom lip, a habit she always found herself doing while in conversation. Well if you counted this as a conversation.

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 18690 comments Despite Bethany's hopes, Derek was startled and he nearly lost his balance. He held onto the tree though and quickly regained it as he looked down at the girl. She seemed to just be someone who was out for an early walk, though on further examination of her appearance, it was clear that she was not.
" Safer up here...," Derek replied in a soft voice, he wasn't sure if she heard him or not.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

She heard him alright, "Oh yeah I see..." She looked down at her boots, moving her toes about in a nervous manner. Why was she nervous? She was the one who approached him. "I'm Bethany by the way..." She said now looking at him, her hazel eyes sparkling in the soft sunlight. Secretly hoping he'd come down because this position was awkward and uncomfortable. She glanced down at her hand, her long nails unpainted but surprisingly clean. She twirled the thin sterling silver ring with a heart on top around her right ring finger. It was the most valuable thing she owned, and had been on her finger since the day she found it by the docks a month or so ago. After fiddling with the ring she looked at the boy waiting for some type of response, but aware she might not get one.

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 18690 comments Derek kept his eyes on the girl down below, debating whether or not to come down. It might just be a trap, put an innocent looking girl down there so he lowers his guard to come down. As soon as he does, he gets jumped. Scanning the area though, he would have seen if there was anyone else down there and there wasn't. Biting his lip, Derek put on his backpack before jumping down to a lower branch that was about 5 feet away from the one he was previously on. From there the drop was about 20 feet, but he jumped anyways and landed on the ground on his feet.
" My name's Derek...," he said quietly, looking at the girl, Bethany as she named herself.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

"So I take it your a runaway..." What a bold thing to say to someone. How could she just go out and judge the guy? But it didn't exactly look like he was drowning in money either. She scanned him over before speaking, "sorry if that was too forward, I just um I uh- never mind." She hadn't even given him a chance to speak. Bethany was extremely awkward when it came to first impressions. "It's just a lot of teens around here are, I mean I am myself." She said as if it was some type of honor, but from where she came from it was. It meant that she was safe.

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 18690 comments Derek looked at Bethany as she spoke, having no idea how to reply to that. He didn't even know if he wanted to reply to that. Giving out too much information was a risk, he already took a huge one by telling her his name. It might already be obvious that he was indeed a runaway, but he wasn't going to tel her that.
" I'm leaving now...," he said and begun past her, not looking back at her once he did move past. He was already trying to decide to go get something to eat of not. With what little money he had though, he was already guessing that it was going to be a no.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

"Wait..." She said running after him. "We could get breakfast? There's this taco shop with really cheap breakfast burritos." Bethany knew she probably sounded desperate but she was taking an interest to Derek. Having someone to talk to for once was nice, even if she did all the talking. She needed someone to vent to, to tell her story to. Even if she was taking a huge risk.

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 18690 comments At the word breakfast, Derek had to check to make sure he didn't start drooling. He was hungry, having skipped two diners already and breakfast yesterday. But, he had water so he couldn't complain too much at all.
" I can't...," was all he replied before he begun to walk again. His number one priority right now, though it sounded silly, was to take a shower. Since sleeping in the dumb alleyway, he still stunk despite being in the rain yesterday. He'd changed clothing, but that didn't stop his body from being filthy. Gyms normally had showers in them and he'd gone a few times before, since first escaping his unit. So far, no one has said anything to him.

« previous 1