Good Reads Vegetarians discussion

Brand Loyalty and Cruelty-Free products

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Letitia (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:37AM) (new)

Letitia | 8 comments Billione brought up an interesting topic I'd like to explore. What brands are people really loyal to and know that there is no deceptive labeling? (ie vegetarian but not cruelty free?) Who do you guys trust and stand by?

message 2: by Erin (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:38AM) (new)

Erin | 1 comments Unfortunately, over time, I have been disappointed by brands that I thought were cruelty free. My solution has been to eat locally. I go to my food co-op, the farmers' market. I have found that I can then meet the people who raise the cows that provide milk, the chicken that etc.... Many farmers have also been kind enough to invite me to their farms to see the conditions myself. I have found great organic farmers this way as well.

Also -- Hi, to all. I'm Erin and new to the group, but have been a veggie for 22 years.

message 3: by Billione (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:39AM) (new)

Billione | 25 comments Mod
Welcom, Erin. Thank you so much for sharing!

message 4: by Letitia (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:02PM) (new)

Letitia | 8 comments I have been told by a friend that buying kosher cleaning products is a good way to go. She said that kosher cannot have any animal products in it. You can identify it by a small, circled U on the package. Something to try anyway.

message 5: by Letitia (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:02PM) (new)

Letitia | 8 comments I have been told by a friend that buying kosher cleaning products is a good way to go. She said that kosher cannot have any animal products in it. You can identify it by a small, circled U on the package. Something to try anyway.

message 6: by Letitia (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:02PM) (new)