Pure indie promotion discussion

Blogs > Looking for authors to interview or book review!

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I have a blog, "The Writing Side of Me" http://rachaelhorsma.blogspot.com/ I am looking to feature some new upcoming authors and their books! Contact me on my Goodreads page or email me at rhorsma@yahoo.com if you are interested.

message 2: by Joshua (new)

Joshua Mcnutt (jollep) | 5 comments Hey Rachael! Is there anyway I can e-mail you my book? If so, what format would you like it sent in? ( .docx, .pdf., .doc)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I prefer PDF. Plus it gives the author more peace of mind that I'm not going to take your work and use it as my own. PDF's are basicly images (unless interactive), where as .docx and .doc are editable files.

message 4: by Mindy (new)

Mindy Haig | 12 comments Hi Rachael, I am very interested! I was wondering what genres you read? I mainly write fiction romance with a paranormal element, but I also have a Christian/Historical Fiction that I would really love to have reviewed. I would be thrilled to email you PDFs of any or all of the books. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks! Mindy

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Mindy,

I haven't read any Christian/Historical Fiction in a very long time, so I don't think I could be a very good reviewer of that genre. On the other hand, I would love to review your fiction romance.

Thanks, Rachael Horsma

message 6: by Joshua (new)

Joshua Mcnutt (jollep) | 5 comments PDF would be perfect, would you be willing to review my book? It's in the Sci-fi, Thriller genre.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Joshua,

I would definitely be willing to review your book.

Thanks, Rachael Horsma

message 8: by Joshua (new)

Joshua Mcnutt (jollep) | 5 comments Hey Rachael,

I just sent you an e-mail with my book attached. You can let me know if you have any trouble downloading it and I'll resend it.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks Joshua!

message 10: by Lee (last edited Nov 25, 2013 11:15PM) (new)

Lee Cushing | 7 comments If you're interested, one of my books, The Trust Casefiles, can be downloaded for all formats from http://www.autharium.com/Ebook/Lee%20... using the code: Hunters.

message 11: by Mindy (new)

Mindy Haig | 12 comments Rachael wrote: "Hi Mindy,

I haven't read any Christian/Historical Fiction in a very long time, so I don't think I could be a very good reviewer of that genre. On the other hand, I would love to review your ficti..."

Rachael wrote: "Hi Mindy,

I haven't read any Christian/Historical Fiction in a very long time, so I don't think I could be a very good reviewer of that genre. On the other hand, I would love to review your ficti..."

Thank you Rachael! It will send the PDFs for Hidden in the Pages and The Wishing Place as soon as I get home from work.

The Christian tag really seems to turn off a lot of readers, so I understand. The book is called Glory, and it is about a forsaken angel, but it is set in New York in 1996 where he meets a woman. It is an ancient rivalry, romance where the MC just happens to have been walking the earth since the dawn of time and he has flashback to his history that are relevant to the relationship he finds himself in. Anyway, there is also a free novella called The Messenger if you think you might want to give it a try. I completely understand if it's not your thing though!

message 12: by Mindy (new)

Mindy Haig | 12 comments Hi Rachael, I just wanted to let you know that I emailed you the PDF files this afternoon! I hope you enjoy them! Thank you again! Mindy

message 13: by Jack (new)

Jack Shaw (httpgoodreadscomjack_shaw) | 7 comments Hi Rachael, I guess, like a lot of other writers, I'm a little afraid of reviewers, esp. since I'm one myself (mostly theatre, some books). It seems every time I look at a clipping from my book I see only the errors coming from re-write. I would appreciate some feedback though. Please check out my blog: http://shawsreality.com where I have some samples. I'm getting ready to use audio blurbs in my blogs. I use to be an actor, among other things. The book is Harry's Reality, and it's SF taking place in the near future. Maybe we can share thoughts and I could even list you on my blog-- esp. since in Shaw's Reality we "read between the lines.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Jack, thanks for taking the time to contact me. I would tell you that reviews really are an ingrained part of the book business. On a basic level, word-of-mouth is the best kind of review you could have. On a bigger level, reviews left online can touch people from all over the world. I am not saying that you won't ever have bad review, but in all honesty, most authors learn more from a bad review than a good one. It's part of the process. There are some phenomenal authors out there who still have very basic problems. Take J. K. Rowling for example, she has an adverb problem (the -ly death as I like to call it.) Now most authors, agents, editors, and publishers would agree that the adverb is a sin when it comes to writing, we look past it because her storyline is so dang good! Writing is a balancing act of strengths and weaknesses, and you may need someone to point those out so you can build them up.

If you're still afraid of a "review," I do do interviews, I would not need to review your book for this.

Best Wishes,
Rachael Horsma

message 15: by Kara (new)

Kara Jimenez | 2 comments Hi Rachael!

I'd love for you to do a review or an author interview for me. My novel is a paranormal romance titled The Apple Tree. I have pdf, mobi or epub which I can email you. Just let me know :)

The Apple Tree by Kara Jimenez

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Kara,
If you just send me an email at rhorsma@yahoo.com, e can work out the details.

Thanks,
Rachael Horsma

message 17: by Sascha (new)

Sascha Gabriel (saschasix) | 5 comments So far I have given ten free copies to people in the past month who've sworn they're bona fide reviewers, and they've given me dates when they'll post reviews etc. Sadly, I've not had one come through on it and I'm beginning to wonder if they were just angling for a free book, even though their review sites and testimonials (etc) seemed legit. Times are hard for everyone so to basically 'steal' a book from an author like me who's rather poor right now (won't go into pitiful details here) is a bit low IMO. Not saying you're like this at all, but when not ONE person so far who got a free copy as a reviewer (an offer I ran last month) has even got back to me let alone reviewed anything, I'm 'having a sad' about it all o.O

I would be interested tbh because exposure for indie writers is SO important but am worried about being burned again. All I have asked thus far is that the review they do goes on my Lulu page, my goodreads book page and their own site, fair exchange for a 200 page long book for free I thought! :) Any feedback on this would be appreciated! :)
S.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Sascha,
I do have interview and book review policy posted on my blog. Right now I cannot guarantee any timeframe on book reviews (I'm literally 3 weeks away from finals in college and I have 3 major papers due and three other major projects due at the same time.) as for interviews, my current pace has been a within the a week from first contact to interview posted on my blog.

message 19: by Sascha (new)

Sascha Gabriel (saschasix) | 5 comments I understand. They did give time frames (between 10-14 days :( ) But to never hear from them again the minute they got a freebie was really annoying. having other commitments is totally understandable, we all have those. You sound more the real deal than the reviewers I have been approached by I will say! Good luck with your finals and maybe after Yule we can have an email chat about it :)

message 20: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Ferrante (bonnieferrante) Sascha wrote: "So far I have given ten free copies to people in the past month who've sworn they're bona fide reviewers, and they've given me dates when they'll post reviews etc. Sadly, I've not had one come thro..."

Unfortunately, that's pretty typical. I've had similar experiences.

message 21: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 4 comments Rachael wrote: "I have a blog, "The Writing Side of Me" http://rachaelhorsma.blogspot.com/ I am looking to feature some new upcoming authors and their books! Contact me on my Goodreads page or email me at rhorsma@..."

Hi Rachael, if you'd be interested in reading my up coming contempory N/A book, I'd love the feedback :)

message 22: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Martinez (elearah) | 6 comments Hi Rachel,
if you are not too busy, I would love you to have a look at any of my fantasy books:

The Pearl (Elearah Chronicles, Book 1) by Sandra Martinez Almost a Goddess (Elearah Chronicles, #2) by Sandra Martinez

I can give you pdf or mobi files, as you wish.

And I would be willing to do an interview too--sounds like fun!

Wishes,
Sandra :)

message 23: by Jane Peskara / (new)

Jane Peskara / Audrey Valentine | 31 comments Hallo i also offer reviews and/or interviews, if anyone is interested just send me a message, i alos have a group for writers on FB if u wanna join just tell me, also i created 2 events on FB and one of them is for exchanging reviews and interviews so u are all welcome to join. i am a writer myself, and gonna publish my first bokk this year called SINFUL, so would also be great if some of u would interview/review me or my book when its out :)

message 24: by Linda (new)

Linda Laforge (lindalaforge) | 8 comments Wow! Lots of responses. You must be a busy reader! I would love you to review my novel or do an interview. I'm a writer and a visual artist. All things creative, really. I have 2 chapters for Ashes on my artist website here: http://www.lindalaforge.com/index.php...

I also have a blog about creating - anything! I would be happy to exchange links and even do an interview on what you do too!

message 25: by Jane Peskara / (new)

Jane Peskara / Audrey Valentine | 31 comments Linda wrote: "Wow! Lots of responses. You must be a busy reader! I would love you to review my novel or do an interview. I'm a writer and a visual artist. All things creative, really. I have 2 chapters for Ashes..."
do u mean me? :) if so i am gonan do both if u want review and interview :)

message 26: by Lee (new)

Lee Cushing | 7 comments Anyone interested in reviewing any of my books, let me know and I can send the code and link where each can be downloaded free for all formats and ereaders.

The Trust Casefiles by Lee Cushing Pack Hunters (The Trust Casefiles) by Lee Cushing The Girls Of Lakeview Academy (The Trust Casefiles #3) by Lee Cushing

message 27: by Trice (new)

Trice Blue | 4 comments Jada Sundae And The Gumdrop Fairies Rescue by Betricia Santiago-Blue
Hello everyone I'm new here and this is my first children's book that I've written. I would love for your feedback!

message 28: by Mette (new)

Mette | 1 comments On http://www.lifeofwriters.com/home/index you can upload a synopsis of your book or a chapter if you like. This way readers can see and or read more about your books. On the site we also have a forum for writers on all levels. AND a free writing contest.

If any of you have questions please email admin@lifeofwriters.com

Thanks in advance