Black Coffee discussion

Questions for the Group > Just curious...

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by kisha, The Clean Up Lady (new)

kisha | 3907 comments Mod
Well for months now we focused on buddy reads because the group was still new and waiting on more participation. However now that We have grown and our buddy reads were so successful we are beginning group reads again for January. I will be posting threads for a buddy read for December so be looking out for it!

message 2: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Doherty | 30 comments All I'm not sure if this is the right way to post this as I couldn't find the 'new thread' button so apologies in advance .
My daughter is studying A levels at collage and for her extended project, she has chosen the following topic : '
did the emancipation proclamation really mean freedom for Those in slavery ?' .

This is where we are looking for help and I said my friends on this group may be able to help!
So if anyone wants give your opinion, we can use this as part of the research , I'd be so grateful no matter how long or short your answer.
If you do take time please leave your name , state or location and country
Thankyou ever do much x

Anastasia Kinderman | 942 comments It's "New Topic" and it's usually in small letters on the right hand side of the screen.

My understanding was that the Emancipation Proclamation was a way of demoralizing the South, declaring their slaves free. Freedom for slaves in states that fought for the North came later. And obviously the "freed" slaves in the South weren't actually freed until the North got to the areas they were. In other words, it was a propaganda move.
Anyone else have any thoughts? I haven't studied in depth so someone with more knowledge is certainly welcome to comment and correct me.
I'm in the U.S. Midwest.