The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

GENERAL HELP > Can I Change My List?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julie (new)

Julie I have my list up for Winter 2013/2014, and I was wondering if I can change the books on my list (reading plan) once the challenge starts? I have a lot of books on hold at my library but I don't want to add them to my reading plan unless I know for sure I will get them in time.

Thanks for your help!

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan Anderson (ms_anderson) | 1481 comments Of course you can! The list you keep is more for yourself than anyone else. I change the books I want to read for tasks all the time--pretty much nothing is locked in for me except for a few books where they're the only thing I have that will fit. Don't feel locked in to anything you have down now. When the rest of the tasks are posted (and we have at least 10 more), you might decide you want a book somewhere else instead. It's perfectly fine to change.

message 3: by Julie (new)

Julie Ms Anderson wrote: "Of course you can! The list you keep is more for yourself than anyone else. I change the books I want to read for tasks all the time--pretty much nothing is locked in for me except for a few books ..."

Just the answer I was hoping for! I started creating my reading plan yesterday & I've already made some changes on it today. Thanks so much Ms. Anderson! :)

message 4: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7539 comments Many of us would be screwed if we have to keep to posted lists - me included

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) | 2970 comments One challenge, I had the same book in three different SRC tasks. I tripled booked myself. :) So I had to change two of them.

Anne  (Booklady) Molinarolo (wwwgoodreadscomAnneMolinarolo) | 939 comments Jayme(the ghost reader) wrote: "One challenge, I had the same book in three different SRC tasks. I tripled booked myself. :) So I had to change two of them."

For me too - that's why I quit posting in the Reading Plan Threads. The only list I can stick to is my grocery list. =)

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) | 2970 comments I usually end up buying a couple of extra things on my grocery list.

message 8: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7539 comments that's how I ended up with 4 things of cinnamon!

message 9: by Julie (new)

Julie You guys are too funny! LOL

message 10: by Megan (new)

Megan Anderson (ms_anderson) | 1481 comments Shopping list? We're supposed to use those? >_>

message 11: by Anne (Booklady) (last edited Nov 25, 2013 05:49PM) (new)

Anne  (Booklady) Molinarolo (wwwgoodreadscomAnneMolinarolo) | 939 comments LOL, at least I have 1 list I follow. But that doesn't mean I don't go back to the grocery store for "oops, I forgot to get..." =)

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) | 2970 comments I am so bad, I can't even follow a diet. :)

message 13: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7539 comments shopping list...we don't need no stinkin' shopping lists...I buy what looks good or what I have a craving for...so I often end up with steak and those gummi peach candies in my basket and not much else...

message 14: by Julie (new)

Julie If I didn't have a reading list, I would be reading books that wouldn't fit into any category & would end up with about 15 points at the end of the challenge.

Plus, I'm just kind of anal.....I like lists! :)