Under The Sea {Advanced Roleplay} discussion

Information > Rules

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 28, 2013 05:48AM) (new)

Out of character ( OOC Rules )

*Respect your fellow players and the Mods.*

The rule, ‘treat others how you’d want to be treated’ comes into gear here. No hating, no drama basically. The hope for this group is to be as tight knit as you’re comfortable with. With drama in the air roleplaying isn’t as fun as it can be. Drama within characters is fine, but drama with the players isn’t. Respect each other, and if someone arises do not hesitate to tell one of the Mods about it.

*Please ask before you do something huge.*

Please let us the Mods and the people involved in the plot know what you’re going to do if it’s big. We all have our different views on how big a plotline is and if you’re not sure just let us know just in case.I cannot stress enough how important it is to talk to everyone you roleplay with. People who usually aren’t spoken to leave the roleplay in days because honestly where is the fun in empty starters and paras? Try to get to know everyone and let them feel at home here.

*Talk to everyone.*

I cannot stress enough how important it is to talk to everyone you roleplay with. People who usually aren’t spoken to leave the roleplay in days because honestly where is the fun in empty starters and paras? Try to get to know everyone and let them feel at home here.

*Proper spelling and grammar.*

Sure it’s okay to have the occasional typo but if it gets to the point where I can’t understand anything then no that’s not acceptable. Please try your best to maintain good spelling and punctuation with your paras and gif chats. You may not be the best writer but there’s always room to improve.

In character ( IC Rules )

*Be Original*

I do not need to read character applications about a girl or boy who is secretly a party animal or shy wallflower or anything. I want to see fresh ideas, new things. Characters with flaws and great bios, not Mary Sues and Gary Stus.

Roleplay Rules

*Mature Roleplay*

Mature content is allowed on this RP. It is required that such writing be put under a read more so that it does not disturb players who are not comfortable reading it. Before writing mature content, make sure that your para partner or partners are completely okay with the subjects you will be delving into. If they are not comfortable with a particular topic, do not force them or pressure them to say yes or ignore their preferences. Please keep in mind that this role-play is mature to there are drugs and cursing allowed. Just make sure you are IC when you curse. no OOC cursing!.

*This a multi-para roleplay.*

It is proven that paras help drive the plot of a roleplay. We encourage you to have at least one para going on each week and each para must be about two paragraphs [4 to 5 sentences] each. Please do not use one-liners as it is unfair to your partner to have to respond to a one-liner when they followed the rules.

*All paras must be in third person.*

If written any other way it gets confusing. Journals and such may be written in 2nd or 1st but not paras.

*No God-Modding.*

I cannot stress enough how important this is. If the character is not yours thus meaning you cannot control them. It is unfair to the roleplayer if you decide what their character does because they might have something different planned.

*Stay IC.*

You created that character, so you know how they act. Stick with that.

*Talk to EVERYONE.*

Please do not exclude anyone from the group and strive to talk to everyone. It’s not fun to be left out in
anything.

*Hiatuses and Leavings.*

If you need to leave the roleplay for any reason and take a hiatus that is perfectly fine. Please though tell either admin the time to which you’re are expecting to be gone through the MAIN ROLEPLAY. Do not mention it in the ooc chat or anything and make sure we know. With leaving please let us know why you are leaving rather than just going away or deleting your account. We can work something out and it’d be nice to know why you’re leaving and it gives a heads up to those who have roleplayed with you.

And lastly, have fun!

The main point of this roleplay is to have a lot of fun, meet new people, and just simply enjoy the joys of high school [ha]. Participate in events, talk to people. Don’t worry about every thing too much and just relax and have fun.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

What are Mary Stu's??

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

What are paras? I assumed it was short for paragraphs but then that didn't make sense with what the rest of the rule was saying.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Idk what Mary Stu's are...sorry!

Yeah, Para is paragraph. You just need to have your RP paragraph in 3rd person pretty much

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh okay then :) That's fine, I always Roleplay in 3rd person anyway :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Yup!! ;)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

:)

Denver -writes poems drinks wine- Where do I ask about a major plot change? Idk if it's super major but I wanted to ask to make sure

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

That would be in questions