What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > Chpt Book 5th?grade Riding Camp about girls [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 4 comments I've looked through all of the suggested lists of Horse related books for young girls, none fit what I remember.
My series is about a girl that goes to horse camp, in the first book, the riders are evaluated and assigned their horses. She gets the Palomino- the snotty rich girl with long blonde hair does not, she get the feisty tall dark horse. The reason being, the rich girl has more horse experience and can handle the dark horse, while still having a challenge.
Another book in the series is about how the rich girls isn't actually rich, she just gets hand me down clothing from her cousin, but she wants everyone at camp to thing she is cool.
There is a short redhead whose main lifes ambition is to be a jockey, she also knows how to roll your clothing and supplies while camping so you can make more room.
There is a hot guy that never notices the snotty blonde girl, but his brother is nicer and sweeter and does seem to like the main protagonist.
That's all I remember and I would like to get the series for my daughter who is really into horses.
I read this series in the 1990s, don't know if that helps at all because I don't know if they were first published then, or if they were already older. Thanks!!!

message 2: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2338 comments Horse crazy series by Virginia Vail?

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
The Palomino for what I think is the first book in the series that Bookel suggested

message 4: by bookel (last edited Nov 25, 2013 08:40PM) (new)

bookel | 2338 comments Horse Crazy series by Virginia Vail : The books in order (see the link). "The palomino" is a standalone book, not part of that series.

Horseback Summer (Horse Crazy #1) has a palomino on the cover.
Summary: While spending the summer at a horse camp, Emily must fight to keep spoiled Caro Lescaux from taking the horse Emily loves.

I've yet to read the Horse Crazy series (finally obtained book #1 at last) but have read the other series Virginia Vail wrote.

Virginia Vail wrote the Animal Inn series, where the main character Val's dad is a veterinarian. It's my favourite children's fiction series where a parent is a vet. I think there were quite a few other series with vet(s) as parents that came out after Animal Inn, but Animal Inn to me was the best.

The two standalone books (not part of a series) by Virginia Vail are The palomino and If wishes were horses.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 4 comments That's it!!! Oh man that was so fast! Thank you! I am so excited, I'll be able to get the series for my daughter for Christmas. Now I need to move this to Solved, right?
Thanks again!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Palomino (other topics)