Radical Readers discussion

Absolutely True Diary PT Indian > Friends, Choices, and You

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by L.E. Smoot (new)

L.E. Smoot Library (lesmoot) | 67 comments Mod
Junior misses his best friend, Rowdy, after he starts at his new school. But Rowdy doesn't seem to want to join him therer. How do Junior's and Rowdy's views of the reservation -- and their own lives -- differ? What do you think Alexie is trying to show you through these differences?

What do you think about Junior's decision to leave the reservation? Would you have done it, if you were in his shoes? Why or why not?

message 2: by Rachael (new)

Rachael (daisylibrarian) Junior misses his best friend, Rowdy, after he starts at his new school. But Rowdy doesn't seem to want to join him there. How do Junior's and Rowdy's views of the reservation -- and their own lives -- differ? - Rowdy doesn't seem to care about what really happens to him, he thinks he is below whites and refuses to try and better himself. Junior believes that he can and should fight to better himself.

What do you think Alexie is trying to show you through these differences? - I'm not sire I can put it in words.

What do you think about Junior's decision to leave the reservation? Would you have done it, if you were in his shoes? Why or why not? - I believe it was the best choice he could have done. This was his chance to start again, to better himself and get an even better education.