Readers Delight discussion

Weekly Question/Discussion > Books and Songs go together? 25/11/13

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aiysha (last edited Nov 25, 2013 08:08AM) (new)

Aiysha (Aiysha_W) | 48 comments Do you think songs can help books in any way and are they linked somehow?

If you answered yes, then what's your favourite book and which song fits perfectly with it?

Share your thoughts! :)

message 2: by Angela (last edited Nov 25, 2013 09:24PM) (new)

Angela Nova (angelanova) | 3 comments Well, I can't honestly say I have a "favorite" book because there are just too many! This is a good question. The first book and song that popped into my mind was Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte and a song of the same name sung by Pat Benatar. It was actually the haunting melody and lyric of the song "Ooooh, it gets dark, it gets lonely on the other side from you.." that got me to read the book.

message 3: by Gregg (new)

Gregg Bell I also think this is a good question. You would think there would be more of a connection of books and music, esp. considering the close connection of movies and music. However, I don't think there is. For me it's only when I'm reading something music related (eg. Mozart's biography) that I'll think of music.

message 4: by Josh (new)

Josh (cuculain42) | 4 comments I think songs can really help one get into a book, especially period novels. Maybe not specific songs, but music in general. Books like King's 11/22/63 and The Kite Runner mention music playing in the back ground that makes a setting. I personally like Pandora because I can set the genre going and really get immersed in the scene.

message 5: by Aiysha (new)

Aiysha (Aiysha_W) | 48 comments You've got them great choices and combinations there! :) Thank you all for sharing! We should play a game where one person names a book and everyone has to find the most suitable song and then later on we have a poll of all the choices to see who get's the most votes! That would be fun! :D - or is it that, my teenager-ness is slipping in and it's really a bad idea?