Alternate Realities: A Scifi Book Club discussion

The Time Traveler's Wife
This topic is about The Time Traveler's Wife
Book of the month > Time Traveler's Wife and Doctor Who

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Budd, Dictator of Indoctrination (new) - rated it 4 stars

Budd | 160 comments Mod
Do you think that the Time Traveler's Wife influence the Doctor Who Amy/River storyline? They seem very similar to me.

Adam (amilesb) | 27 comments What is the Doctor Who Amy storyline? I am unfamiliar with that reference.

message 3: by Budd, Dictator of Indoctrination (new) - rated it 4 stars

Budd | 160 comments Mod
The girl who waited, it is kind of like claire. An adult time traveller shows up when she is a kid and an infatuation occurs. The romance out of order, however, happens with River. Not completely similiar, but there seems to be some influence.

Adam (amilesb) | 27 comments Oh okay. Was it good? I liked Time Traveller's Wife because the concept of a timeline not being linear was relatively new to me.

message 5: by Budd, Dictator of Indoctrination (new) - rated it 4 stars

Budd | 160 comments Mod
I enjoy the Doctor, but while Amy was companion the show almost seemed to revolve around her to the point where the intro included a synopsis of who Amy was. She was a very devisive character in the universe.

I think Time Traveller's Wife was great because of the chaotic nature of the travel. It had a psychologic undertone due to this. The time travel wasn't exciting, but frightening. It was such an original take on the subject.

Adam (amilesb) | 27 comments What were your thoughts on Claire's encounter? love scene where she imagines it was Henry? I enjoyed this book but that scene caught me off guard. It seemed so raw compared to the rest of the novel elements.