Shadowhunters RP discussion

New York Institute > Weapon's room

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments The place where all the weapons are kept.

message 2: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Miranda waited uncomfortably in the weapons room. She was wearing her battle clothes- all black- but it was several sizes too big on her. She hadn't had much time to go
Shopping before she came here, so she had just borrowed some of her mother's (which she now found out wasn't a great idea).
Sierra had told her to come and wait to train here, but Miranda would much rather be curled up in bed with a good book. However, she wanted to be on Sierra's good side I she were to be living here with her for the next year and a half. And who knew? Maybe she might enjoy it!

message 3: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Sierra entered the weapons room wearing her Shadowhunter gear. The black gear fitted her like a second skin. Her long blonde hair was tied up in a messy bun and she carried a runed blade along with some other hidden weapons. "Ready?" she asked Miranda. Her eyes were sharp and focussed. "Pick up any blade you like." she said. "And then we'll start." she named her blade and pulled it out of its sheath, raising her eyebrows. "Your turn." she said.

message 4: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Miranda tried to repeat Sierra's actions, but when pulling the blade out of its sheath, she nearly dropped it on her foot. She had to scramble to catch the blade before it fell onto the ground, and in the process her hair came out of its ponytail. She looked up self consciously, and said jokingly, "I can assure you that I'll fail wherever possible!"

message 5: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "First lesson." Sierra said rolling her eyes. "Don't drop your blade. It's pretty painful if it falls on your foot." she took the blade away from Miranda's hands and held it with the blade pointing towards her. "Keep a firm grip." she said. "You don't want to lose your sword."

message 6: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments "Sorry," Miranda replied, her cheeks flushing red. She took her blade back from Sierra and held it firmly this time. "Ok blade is firmly in my hands." She noted. "Now what?"

message 7: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "Okay." Sierra said. "It should always be pointing away from you. Don't let the blade even touch you and then...." she demonstrated with her own blade. "Just cut an arc forward like this when you're attacking. Aim for the head."

message 8: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments "I'm guessing you don't mean my own head," She joked, and then stopped when she realized her audience wasn't in the most hilarious mood, at the moment. She switched into her focused mode and did exactly as Sierra said, making the arc with her blade. But it wobbled slightly on her hands as she tried the move.
She repeated it again, this time without as much wobbling, and smiled at Sierra. "Hey!" She said, excitedly, jumping up and down, "Maybe I'm not so bad at this after all!" While she was jumping, she had forgotten the blade was in her hand, and accidentally stuck it in the table behind her on the way down. "Or not.." She mumbled softly. "Should I get a new blade?"

message 9: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Sierra pulled out the blade from the table with a flick of her wrist she was holding it in her hand, the tip pointing at Miranda's throat. "No." she said lowering it a little "But they might need a new table." she looked at the table which looked as if it was going to collapse any second. "Try not breaking anything this time." she said drily handing the blade back to Miranda. "And no more jokes. This is a serious training session and if you want to fight, you've got to learn."

message 10: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Miranda gingerly took the blade and repositioned herself. She tried the arc again, and this time executed it perfectly. She repeated it again several times before asking, “Should we try something new?”
She held the blade loosely, which she knew was incorrect, but was too tires to care. It had been a very eventful night. “Maybe we could try some runes?"

message 11: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "You want to try throwing knives?" Sierra asked "Or stabbing." she looked at the loosely held blade. "Sheath it if you're not using it." she said automatically and took out her stele. "What runes do you know?" she twirled the stele around in her fingers. "I'd only prefer to know the ones used in battle."

message 12: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments “Ok!” Miranda beamed. She put her blade back inside the sheath and place it on the broken table. Pulling out her stele, she began, “How about we try something simple, like deflect. It resists against oncoming strikes. Let me show you-“ She picked up Sierra’s arm, and drew what looked like a lowercase slanted t on her. “It’s sort of like a flimsy armor. It’s really easy to apply, but you’ll need to do it numerous times if you’re in battle.” She dropped Sierra’s arm and held out her own.
“Now you try. You can reference to the one I just drew on you, if you need to."

message 13: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Sierra drew the rune on Miranda's outstretched arm, a little slower than Miranda had drawn and far messier. Her hand shook a little as she finished it. "I'm sure it resembles the rune in some way." she said looking down critically at it "Or I'm sure sonething bad would have happened." she squinted down at the rune Miranda had drawn on her arm. "Yours is much neater." she said. "Guess you're better at this than me." she closed her eyes as if she hated admitting that.

message 14: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments "I've had longer to practice," Miranda said simply, completely oblivious to the fact that Sierra looked as if what she had just said was the hardest thing she had ever had to say. "You're good at battle, I'm most certainly terrible at that. I'm good at runes," She looked down at the messy rune Sierra had just drawn. "You could use a little improvement on that. That's why we're doing this. To improve on our weakest points." She smiled appreciatively at Sierra. "No one can ever know everything, or be the best at everything. But it's good to have the ability to do a lot."

message 15: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "Want to go back to knife throwing now?" Sierra asked watching the rune on Miranda's hand fade away. It was a bad rune. She let her sleeve fall down covering her arms again. "And skip the philosophical stuff. My parents used to lecture me on that. They told me to learn how to draw runes too. If I had, I might have had less scars but...who knows?" she shrugged.

message 16: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments "Ok." Miranda tried to hide her hurt expression. She looked around, then asked, "Where exactly are the throwing knives?"
She had been so focused on the rune, she had completely forgotten they were in the weapons room. Now that she was looking around, she could only remember a couple of the names of certain blades.

((Night again. I figured one last post couldn't hurt any))

message 17: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments ((Yeah :D Even I do that a lot))

"Over there." Sierra walked up to a wall and picked up a few small blades that looked as if they wouldn't do much damage to anybody. She'd seen Miranda's hurt expression but didn't want to say anything about it. "The blades are sharp." she said. "So be careful. They hurt."

message 18: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Miranda picked up one of the blades apprehensively. "Do I just... throw it?" She looked around the room for a target, and her eyes rested upon a giant poster of a bulls-eye. Holding out the blade she said, "Are... Are you sure you can trust me with sharp objects?"

message 19: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "No." Sierra shook her head "But I'm hoping you won't hit me at least." she picked up one of the small blades and taking casual aim, threw it at the target where it hit close to the centre. "Try hitting the target at least." she said to Miranda.

message 20: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments "O-ok." She stuttered. Picking up a blade, she tried to get a good grip on it, but her hands were sweaty and she was shaking too much. She tried aiming it the same way Sierra had, but when she through it, the blade narrowly missed Sierra's head and plunged into the wall behind Sierra.
Cursing under her breath she went over to the wall to pull the blade out.

message 21: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Sierra looked at the blade that had just missed her. "Okay." she said with a grimace. "I think I should go out of the room while you're throwing the knife." she threw another blade at the target. "Maybe we should end todays practice."

message 22: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments "Yeah," Miranda agreed. "That would be the logical thing to do. Mostly for the sake of you limbs." She goodnight and headed back to her room.
((I'll make her go to bed and wake up. Where do you want to continue it? :D))

message 23: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "Goodnight." Sierra called after her and looked at the broken table and sighed. Training her would be hard work.

((What about the dining room?? Next morning?))

message 24: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments ((Ok. (: ))