UAE Good Readers discussion

Why are there no bookstores or libraries in RAK?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by S (last edited Nov 27, 2013 09:55AM) (new)

S (swatiraisinghani) | 10 comments This group discussion has been created to point out the fact that there aren't any book rentals or libraries in RAK.
If there are any people in RAK who are interested in starting something like this, please feel free to comment in this group!!
Hope to hear from someone soon!
:) :)
PS: It would be lovely if everyone could introduce themselves!!

Let me be the first one!! :D
Hi! My name is Swati and I am 22 years old. I am a crazy book person and love reading! I have a small collection of personal books & I buy most of the books as there aren't any libraries here. :(
There used to be a library open to public and was run by a very sweet lady called Ann in the old British Council building but it was shut down quite sometime back.
Lets see if we can come up with something!!! :D

message 2: by Jewel (new)

Jewel | 41 comments I'm from RAK as well.

I'd be interested to see if something like this can be arranged.

message 3: by S (new)

S (swatiraisinghani) | 10 comments Thank you Jewel for acknowledging this fact. If you know more people who are on goodreads and stay in RAK, ask them to join this discussion!!
Thank You!!!

message 4: by Fatima (new)

Fatima | 1 comments Hey, I'd be happy to join :)

message 5: by S (new)

S (swatiraisinghani) | 10 comments Hey Fatima! Thank you for joining in this discussion. Please feel free to put forward your views and ideas for something like a book club or a library or a book rental kind of thing!!
Thank You!!

message 6: by Moz (new)

Moz (mozalkim) | 2 comments i want to join =D

message 7: by S (new)

S (swatiraisinghani) | 10 comments Hi Moz!! Please introduce yourself and feel free to give any suggestions you may have!! :)

message 8: by S (new)

S (swatiraisinghani) | 10 comments Exciting Notice!!

The world's largest floating book fair MV Logos Hope is docked at Khor Port RAK from 28th November 2013 to 7th December 2013.Check out the links below for more informartion:

https://www.facebook.com/mvlogoshope

http://www.gulf-times.com/qatar/178/d...

http://www.gbaships.org/

Good day!!! :D :D

message 9: by Jewel (new)

Jewel | 41 comments Yeah I heard about it but didn't have enough info, thanks for sharing Swati.

Are we looking for something like a Book swap?

Or second hand books?

We probably can arrange that here.

Problem is I'm more on ebooks now, because we didn't have bookstores here!

message 10: by S (new)

S (swatiraisinghani) | 10 comments Book swap sounds good. :) :)
I started using ebooks in the last one year cause of the same reason though my ebooks are more harlequin romance and fiction. I use Ipad so most of them are in epub format and if I may put it indirectly not originals.
I have a bunch of new books to keep me busy at the moment. If this discussion goes in any approachable direction I am all ears for it.

message 11: by Jewel (new)

Jewel | 41 comments I have a kindle, so I mostly use that.
But I do read the occasional ePub as well.

message 12: by S (new)

S (swatiraisinghani) | 10 comments I have a bunch of authors in ebooks, if you want to know more about, let me know, I could send you the names

message 13: by Jewel (new)

Jewel | 41 comments Thanks Swati.

I can always look into your books here in goodreads.

What genres do you enjoy.
I read Fantasy, Romance and Historical.

message 14: by Moz (new)

Moz (mozalkim) | 2 comments he swati .. thanks alot .. am super excited about the floating book fair .. I'll check it out tomorrow

message 15: by S (new)

S (swatiraisinghani) | 10 comments Jewel wrote: "Thanks Swati.

I can always look into your books here in goodreads.

What genres do you enjoy.
I read Fantasy, Romance and Historical."

I read a lot of fiction, fantasy, sci-fi, romance is like my guilty pleasure :P

message 16: by S (new)

S (swatiraisinghani) | 10 comments Moz wrote: "he swati .. thanks alot .. am super excited about the floating book fair .. I'll check it out tomorrow"

hey!! no problem!! I am excited too!! :D :D