The Jolly Good Reading Society discussion

books starting 25th November > Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen | 468 comments Mod
Please discuss the book here :)

message 2: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Jones (ramblingsofanelfpire) I read this book just before it was chosen as the book club pick and really loved it. It raised some interesting comments about the importance of literature and I think it's the kind of book that would divide readers...it's a bit like Marmite but I loved it =)

message 3: by Jen (new)

Jen | 468 comments Mod
I finished this book within 24 hours, I just couldn't put it down! I seem to be very drawn towards books about books and this one was no disappointment. The story was fast paced but deep at the same time. I'm really glad that I have the 50 year anniversary edition with an introduction and afterword by Ray Bradbury, it gives a great insight to why and how he wrote it. I definitely recommend this one :)

message 4: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Jones (ramblingsofanelfpire) Jen wrote: "I finished this book within 24 hours, I just couldn't put it down! I seem to be very drawn towards books about books and this one was no disappointment. The story was fast paced but deep at the ..."

It does bring up a lot of ideas about the importance of books in society and that was one of the main things that I liked about it =)