books starting 25th November > Raising Steam by Terry Pratchett

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen | 468 comments Mod
Please discuss the book here :)

message 2: by Jen (new)

Jen | 468 comments Mod
I finished the book yesterday and gave it 5 stars.
I was worried as many other reviews stated that this was not up to Pratchett's usual standard. Fortunately I disagreed completely with this claim. I found the story immediately engaging and it continued to keep me hooked until the very last page. I found the humour and wordplay exceptionally enjoyable. Btw I have the Waterstones copy which has an alternative cover and a complimentary bookmark :)

message 3: by Stephen (new)

Stephen | 40 comments Mod
I can't wait... I'm getting this one for xmas, so I'll be reading it a little late.

message 4: by Jen (new)

Jen | 468 comments Mod
It's worth the wait! I look forward to hearing your verdict :-)

message 5: by Jen (new)

Jen | 468 comments Mod
Lora wrote: "This is on my tbr, but I don't think I'll be able to get it in time to read with the group. Post-Christmas book-buying poverty has set in."

Lol! I think there's a few of us suffering from that :)

message 6: by Stephen (new)

Don't worry Lora - although I got it for xmas, I'm in the middle of another book. I won't be starting this for at least 3 weeks. Maybe time enough to save?

message 7: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 2 comments I've just read this - not quite on par with some of the others but good nonetheless.

message 8: by Stephen (new)

Lora wrote: "I tend to wait a while for used copies to start going cheap"

Good plan. I would offer mine, but I can't face selling off my Pratchett books - just keep on overloading those shelves!