YA & NA Romance ♥ discussion

[Old Challenges] > Secret Santa Challenge! - Sign-up Closed

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (last edited Jan 07, 2014 05:33AM) (new)

Sarah Oxford (sarahloxford) | 1260 comments Hi Everyone!

Welcome to the Secret Santa Challenge! Sign up for this challenge ends December 6. This is a multi-part challenge, the first part of the challenge is virtual secret santa, and the second part is reading a book (of course!) here's how it works...

1. Sign up by replying below.
2. On Dec 7 I will randomise names and each participant will be messaged on Goodreads with the name of who they will secret Santa for.
3. When you have your name, take a look at their Goodreads profile and shelves and think of what present you would buy them if they were a real life friend. The present could be a book or anything at all. Reply to my message with a link and/or description of the present by December 13.
4. I will edit the original post to add to each participants name what was chosen for them.
5. You look at the gift chosen for you and try to think of, and post, a book related to the gift you can read. (If the gift was a book you could either read that one or one related to it) You have until Jan 17 2014 to read your book, so roughly a month.
6. Post your rating :)

Example!
So, if you were assigned my name to choose a gift for, you could read my profile and notice that I am a self professed chocoholic. The gift you could choose to message could be a box of Godiva Chocolates. When the gifts are posted I would choose a related book such as Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers, #1) by Tara Sivec

Things to remember!
- Make sure your profile is not set to private as it will stop people being able to find out about you!
- Don't let on who you are secret Santa for as, well, that isn't very secret is it :)
- Message your gift idea to me, do not add to this thread or message directly to the person, I won't be participating as I'll be the challenge elf! I can help you with your assigned person if you like and will generally coordinate everything!
- This challenge is about getting to know each other and helping out, part 5 might be tricky but we can always help each other with ideas :)
- We're not buying actual gifts, just choosing links of what we would buy them if we knew that person in real life. So that means there are no price limits or anything, you could choose a diamond ring if you wanted :)

Participants
Trisha - An RV for going camping and geocaching
Gia - Secret Santa Gia photo SecretSantaGiacopy_zpsc22fba29.png
Courtney - Travel and tickets for... http://www.redletterdays.co.uk/Experi...
Chris - Tickets to... https://www.rtconvention.com/
Mandy - A zombie survival kit including gun and ammo along with an underground bunker.
Rosaria - https://p.gr-assets.com/540x540/fit/h...
Ana - VIP backstage pass to a rock concert
Andrea - http://www.custommade.com/14k-white-g...
Megan - Plane tickets to the UK and music concert tickets
April - Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10) by J.R. Ward and Lover at Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #11) by J.R. Ward
Billie - Artwork - http://www.google.com.gt/imgres?start...

Book Choices:
Trisha North of Beautiful by Justina Chen ✮✮✮✮✮
Ana Lick (Stage Dive, #1) by Kylie Scott ✮✮✮✮
Chris Finding It (Losing It, #3) by Cora Carmack ✮✮✮
Rosaria Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers, #1) by Tara Sivec and/or Love and Lists (Chocoholics, #1) by Tara Sivec
Billie When It Rains (Rain, #1) by Lisa De Jong ✮✮✮✮
April Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10) by J.R. Ward ✮✮✮✮
Mandy Alice in Zombieland (The White Rabbit Chronicles, #1) by Gena Showalter

message 2: by Trisha (new)

Trisha I'm in! What a fun idea!!

message 3: by Gia (new)

Gia | 61 comments I'm in

message 4: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 5 comments I'm in

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris | 176 comments I'm in!!!

message 6: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaschlumpf) | 36 comments I'll join! So creative!

message 7: by Rosaria (new)

Rosaria | 34 comments Count me in :)

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Oxford (sarahloxford) | 1260 comments Yay! Thanks for joining in guys, I was so worried no one would like the idea :)

message 9: by valeria (new)

valeria | 174 comments im in :)

message 10: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Pineda (andy2979) | 19 comments count me im in

message 11: by DEVYN (new)

DEVYN WIGGINTON (thebookshirereviews) | 2 comments I think its bs that its a lot of the same people in the contest. why don't you actually be random

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Oxford (sarahloxford) | 1260 comments I don't really know what has upset you, but do feel free to join in with us :)

message 13: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 11 comments I'm in :)

message 14: by April (new)

April | 82 comments I'm in!

message 15: by Billie (new)

Billie (billiejeanmayordomo) | 9 comments Looks interesting! Please count me in! :D

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Oxford (sarahloxford) | 1260 comments Messages sent!

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Oxford (sarahloxford) | 1260 comments Hi everyone!
Some of you have yet to message me back with your gift choices so this is just a gentle reminder :)

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Oxford (sarahloxford) | 1260 comments I'll post the secret santa choices later today, maybe 5/6 hours from now, so if you haven't already can you please message me your choice for your person.
If I don't get something I will make it up so everyone can still participate in the second half of the challenge :)

message 19: by Trisha (new)

Trisha yay! I can't wait! :D thx for the update!

message 20: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Oxford (sarahloxford) | 1260 comments Sorry for the delay, I am unexpectedly busy this weekend and it took longer than I anticipated to collate the gifts.

I have now posted the links or descriptions messaged to me (and added where they were missing) so everyone should now have a gift chosen for them :)

Part 2 of the challenge begins...

You now have to choose a book to read that relates to the gift chosen for you. It could relate because of the title, book cover, setting, characters, theme, plot etc.
It'd be nice if this was an interactive challenge so feel free to ask for opinions on your choice or for help on coming up with ideas!

There are some lovely gifts there :)
x

message 21: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaschlumpf) | 36 comments I love mine! Lol thank you secret Santa!

message 22: by Trisha (last edited Dec 15, 2013 02:38PM) (new)

Trisha yay! Geocaching and camping! Love it!! Thank you secret santa!!

I'm going to read either:
Boys, Bears, and a Serious Pair of Hiking Boots by Abby McDonald First to Find (Caching Out, #1) by Morgan C. Talbot or Wolves, Boys and Other Things That Might Kill Me by Kristen Chandler

message 23: by valeria (new)

valeria | 174 comments thank you secret Santa!!!! after looking I think I stay with this Lick (Stage Dive, #1) by Kylie Scott

message 24: by Chris (new)

Chris | 176 comments Thank you secret Santa what an amazing gift! So many of the authors I read are attending and I've been to New Oleans twice and it's a favorite city!!!

I'm going to read one of the authors attending Finding It (Losing It, #3) by Cora Carmack

message 25: by Rosaria (new)

Rosaria | 34 comments Thank you Secret Santa for my yummy and deliciously sinful Christmas gift. I'll make sure to share it with my hubby maybe after we've stepped under the mistletoe once or twice:)

In honor of your gift I am going to read Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers, #1) by Tara Sivec and/or Love and Lists (Chocoholics, #1) by Tara Sivec .

Merry Christmas Secret Santa!

message 26: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Oxford (sarahloxford) | 1260 comments Great choices :)

Has anyone else chosen their book or need help coming up with something?

message 27: by April (new)

April | 82 comments I will read the book I received as a gift. Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10) by J.R. Ward

message 28: by Andrea (last edited Dec 25, 2013 04:38PM) (new)

Andrea Pineda (andy2979) | 19 comments i will read Diamond eyes by A.A Bell sorry if i dont put the link but my sister does that for me :( i cant do that yet. Diamond Eyes (Mira Chambers #1) by A.A. Bell

message 29: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Pineda (andy2979) | 19 comments oh thanks secret santa i loved it. :)

message 30: by Trisha (new)

Trisha I switched my book!

I read North of Beautiful by Justina Chen
I'm using this one because there were chapters and chapters about them Geocaching together! I loved it! such a great book!

5 stars!

message 31: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 964 comments Mod
Trisha wrote: "I switched my book!

I read North of Beautiful by Justina Chen
I'm using this one because there were chapters and chapters about them Geocaching together! I loved it! such a great book!

5 stars!"

Ooooo 5 stars! I'll have to read this one soon then! :) it's been on my list for quite a while!

message 32: by Trisha (new)

Trisha ooh, do! It was so very good!

message 33: by Billie (new)

Billie (billiejeanmayordomo) | 9 comments Mine is so tricky! My secret Santa did make my head spin a little?! LOL. Since I cannot find any book from my shelves that has artwork in it, I... take a REALLY good look at my Secret Santa's gift .. I saw, rain..and swoony couple. So ,I was thinking of this book : When It Rains (Rain, #1) by Lisa De Jong ? :)

I would like to thank Sarah for the big help! :D

message 34: by April (new)

April | 82 comments I finished my book Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10) by J.R. Ward on 12/29. Rated: 4 stars

message 35: by Chris (new)

Chris | 176 comments I finished my book Finding It (Losing It, #3) by Cora Carmack 1/1 3*

message 36: by valeria (new)

valeria | 174 comments finish Lick (Stage Dive, #1) by Kylie Scott 1/1 4*

message 37: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaschlumpf) | 36 comments The holidays got hectic!! I picked my book :) I will be reading Alice in Zombieland (The White Rabbit Chronicles, #1) by Gena Showalter Thank you to my secret santa!!

message 38: by Billie (new)

Billie (billiejeanmayordomo) | 9 comments When It Rains (Rain, #1) by Lisa De Jong
Date read: January 03, 2014
Rating : 4 stars --Loved it! :)