YA romance discussion

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour
This topic is about Amy & Roger's Epic Detour
Book Discussions > Amy and Roger's Epic Detour

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lisa (lesashoe) | 263 comments Mod
Feel free to start discussing.

Adriana Hopefully getting this st the library this week! Excited to get started (:

Adriana Oh My Goodness!!!!! Amy and Roger, Roger and Amy I love them so much!!! I loved their story. I cried so much and smiled so much! Just hit me in the gut with such wonderful feelings. Must remember to write down their playlists. I wonder if the author went on a road trip and took all these pictures or what?

Adriana If anyone has read this yet I would love to discuss it!

I got it from my library yesterday so I'm planning to read it quite soon :) Have you read Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist?, it sounds kind of like that with the playlist thing.

Adriana No I haven't Lisa but it does sound like it would be the same or I might enjoy it as much as this one. Thanks!

So why the four Taylor?

I definitely enjoyed the book (Nick and Norah), then watched the movie after and was disappointed because they changed one of the main things and it wasn't as good.

Adriana It's a movie!? Don't remember that coming out. Movies based one book tend to do that unfortunately.

Adriana I wasn't annoyed by Roger myself. I thought the moments he took to (view spoiler)

I have Dash & Lily's Book of Dares on my tbr list. I would love to read it as a group (:

message 10: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

I have read Dash & Lilys Book of Dares and I did love it, I think that its a good idea for January or February reading. Do you think I should add it to the current poll or next months??

message 11: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

I've added it to the current poll, feel free to change your vote to Dash and Lily if you would like.

message 12: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

I started the book today.... and finished it, I loved it. The playlists were a lovely touch as I knew many of the songs and could imagine them driving along to it. In fact on one of my favourite websites 8tracks (online playlists) a girl has made some of the playlists from the book!!! http://8tracks.com/seejennread/leavin...

here is the first one and you can find others in her profile, you will probably be able to find all of them on the website so all you have to do its press play.

I also agree with Taylor (the YES moment) when the ending was a receipt, although I understand you Adriana how you got annoyed at Roger because of all the ex-girlfriend things.

Adriana I ended up changing my vote (:
Thanks for the link!
Actually I wasn't annoyed - Taylor was. I'm happy you loved it. I'm so glad I finally got around to reading it.

message 14: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oh sorry about that Adriana. Has anyone read any other playlist books, I've read Nick and Norah's and If I Stay but I am interested to know if there is any other ones out there.

message 15: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

What I was thinking about the other day is why does Matson include the 'hair falling out' throughout the story. Does it symbolise that she no longer feels stressed from her mum etc and that with Roger she is calm and able to relax?? What do you guys think?

Priscilla Casalino (priscycas) Loved Amy & Roger's Epic Detour!! and guess what! I just started Second Chance Summer and they are mentioned in the book!! Just briefly at 4% but anyway, it says a lot!! ;-)

message 17: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm looking for books to add to poll, so depending on your opinions I will add it in again :)

Priscilla Casalino (priscycas) I'm as far as 6% Taylor, but really like it!

message 19: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Priscilla wrote: "I'm as far as 6% Taylor, but really like it!"

Is it similar to Amy and Roger's, like the writing style?

Priscilla Casalino (priscycas) Yes, it is :-)