Book Discussions > Eleanor & Park

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa (lesashoe) | 263 comments Mod
Feel to start discussing.

message 2: by Lisa (new) - added it

I'm hoping to start this tonight/tomorrow, and I'm really excited. It has been highly acclaimed and yet is another book with music involved and I adore ones like that.

Has anyone read it??

Tayler Steele (taylermegan) I read it over the summer, and it immediately became my favorite YA book. You won't regret reading it, or anything else by Rainbow Rowell! Let me know what you think of it :)

Priscilla Casalino (priscycas) It will be my next!

message 5: by Lisa (new) - added it

I am getting into the book but there is something bugging me about it that I just can't put my finger on. I think I am going to have to put it down and re borrow it again when I have more time to read it. Did anyone else feel like this?

Priscilla Casalino (priscycas) At the beginning like I didn't get it.... But then I just couldn't put it down. Those two were so sweet and the book itself as well. Just go on!

message 7: by Lisa (new) - added it

Priscilla wrote: "At the beginning like I didn't get it.... But then I just couldn't put it down. Those two were so sweet and the book itself as well. Just go on! "

I think I am just not far in enough (around pg 115 out of 328)
I am definitely enjoying it just not as much as I thought I would so far.

What did you like about it Priscilla?

message 8: by Priscilla (last edited Mar 24, 2014 07:43PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Priscilla Casalino (priscycas) The book is so sooo different to the ones you see in my read list....i just wanted to give it a try because of the good reviews and it was worth it... One of the things I did not like at first were the age of the characters... So young... the fact that they were so different physically, and the year where the story is placed BUT I insisted with the book anyway and loved it. What I loved? The chemistry between them, the fact that they need each other daily, the angst of their relationship, the significance of a phone call. I dont want to tell you more but I hope you like it, the book is different.

message 9: by Lisa (new) - added it

Priscilla wrote: "The book is so sooo different to the ones you see in my read list....i just wanted to give it a try because of the good reviews and it was worth it... One of the things I did not like at first were..."

I definitely agree with why you like and dislike it just from what I have read. I feel a bit guilty for putting it down for now but I have many books to read for school! ahhhhh

Priscilla Casalino (priscycas) Oh! School is priority!

message 11: by Lisa (new) - added it

Priscilla wrote: "Oh! School is priority! "

I have been procrastinating quite a lot and I have an exam first day back to see how well I know them. I use YA romance to procrastinate reading school books hahaha oops.

Priscilla Casalino (priscycas) I tell you, Eleanor & Park will always have a special place in my heart.

Marisa (daemonsskitten) | 23 comments I really enjoyed this book a lot. I think it had a lot of hype around it and once I got going I didn't even realize I was in 50 pages in. Overall the books is one of my favorites and I think it was very different from a lot of the other young adult stories.