The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

ABOUT DOCTOR WHO *SPOILERS*

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Trevor Stroud 12 of the weirdest and most useless laws in America! #1 is insane! http://bit.ly/18iy2qE

Ninja_Narwhal~{Same O'l Popsgrub}~ I don't watch Dr. I posted so many people can go rage. I have never seen DW nor do I want to. Bye people., oh and btw.
A) it doest exist
B). TIME TRAVEL, REALLY PEOPLE, THAT GETS SO MESSY
C) 20 different main characters. Yet still lives in old time britan.

Bye
Trololololo

Tash Dahling I do recall River Song giving the rest of her regenerations to the Dr after she poisoned him. So maybe he's got extra now.

emma (thehapabookworm) Okay, so what I heard was in the Television series The Sarah Jane Adventures the Doctor says he has unlimited regenerations and the BBC announced that that was cannon.

message 5: by emma (thehapabookworm) (last edited Nov 26, 2013 12:32PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

emma (thehapabookworm) I agree with you about River Song and her regenerations; it seemed a bit excessive for her to give him ALL her lives. That was never explained. (I haven't seen the 1996 movie though, so I can't comment.)

But I don't think traveling in the TARDIS and living there make you live forever. Are you only talking about Time Lords? Because the Doctor talks about watching his companion die (Um, School Reunion with Sarah Jane ..? I think he mentions not wanting to watch Rose die.) so I don't think TARDIS travel=immortality.

Currently, anything is possibly with Moffat's plot-hole-ridden writing. So, IMHO, until there's a new showwriter, we'll always have lots and lots of questions. (I'm rather anti-Moff, BTW)

whoufflestories I also confused. If the Doctor has more than thirteen regenerations surely they also would have helped the 13 of them save Gallifrey but they didn't show more than the 13.

Also, can someone please explain the curator scene I didn't really understand what was going on(?)

message 7: by emma (thehapabookworm) (last edited Nov 26, 2013 12:37PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

emma (thehapabookworm) Kat wrote: "I also confused. If the Doctor has more than thirteen regenerations surely they also would have helped the 13 of them save Gallifrey but they didn't show more than the 13.

Also, can someone pleas..."

The curator scene is when- at the end- John Hurt and David Tennant have already left and Clara something like "There's an old man looking for you, I think he's the curator."

Matt Smith then sits on the bench and says something along the lines of "I could be a curator! I'd make a great curator! I should retire and be a curator. They could call me ... the CURATOR."
Then an older man comes in and its Tom Baker- the actor who was the Fourth Doctor. And the two talk about what the painting that Gallifrey is in is called, "Gallifrey Falls No More."

You know what scene I'm talking about now?

Also, they probably didn't show anymore than 13 Doctors because they don't know who they're casting for future Doctors yet.

emma (thehapabookworm) Wallawalladingdong wrote: "Vera wrote: "I agree with you about River Song and her regenerations; it seemed a bit excessive for her to give him ALL her lives. That was never explained. (I haven't seen the 1996 movie though, s..."

Sorry! IMHO = In My Humble Opinion.

Julia Not gonna read the comments because I haven't seen it but,

Why is this in a Hunger Games forum?

whoufflestories Julia wrote: "Not gonna read the comments because I haven't seen it but,

Why is this in a Hunger Games forum?"

Read the first posting-she/he explains it.

emma (thehapabookworm) Wallawalladingdong wrote: "Vera wrote: "Kat wrote: "I also confused. If the Doctor has more than thirteen regenerations surely they also would have helped the 13 of them save Gallifrey but they didn't show more than the 13. ..."

Matt Smith is going to regenerate into Peter Capaldi in the upcoming Christmas special but I have a feeling that his involvement in the Time War won't be explained or referenced again.
But I don't understand how EVERY INSTANCE of the Doctor knew to come to Gallifrey at that exact time.

Also, how was it possible for Queen Elizabeth to take her alien double be surprise and kill the alien? They had the same memories, so alien Queen would have known about the hidden knife too.

message 12: by emma (thehapabookworm) (last edited Nov 26, 2013 01:10PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

emma (thehapabookworm) You what's bothered me since season 5? PEOPLE TOUCHING THEIR PAST SELVES. In The Big Bang adult Amy pats little Amy on the head and no paradox. In The Day of the Doctor the doctors all touch each other and no paradox. But when - in Father's Day back in season 1- 19 year old Rose touches baby Rose OMG ALL THE PARADOX.

I just want continuity, minimal historical accuracy, and non-sexist dialog/plot lines.

Excuse the rant. :S
I like your can't-replicate-metals theory though.

emma (thehapabookworm) Wallawalladingdong wrote: "Haha true, I felt the same way about the asthma inhaler. They could create the clothes fine, but for some reason she/it could not replicate an asthma inhaler but it could replicate an entire outfit..."

Oh wait, a thought about the can't-replicate-metals theory: buttons on clothes, zippers on pants. I think they may be able to replicate metal.

message 14: by emma (thehapabookworm) (last edited Nov 26, 2013 02:47PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

emma (thehapabookworm) Wallawalladingdong wrote: "Hmmm...elastic pants and clay or fabric buttons for Elizabethan times? Maybe they just weren't wearing metal zippers or buttons, they make plastic ones too. And clay, like millefiori (I think I spe..."

Oh, ha, I meant on Kate Stewart. She was copied and I am guessing there was metal in her clothes. Same with the Scientist Girl (Osgood?) and the Scientist Guy.
I agree that zippers and such could have been made with plastic but it just seems unlikely.

emma (thehapabookworm) Lauren wrote: "When you watch the scene where all the doctors are in their tardis is going to save gallifrey there has to be more than just 13! plus to those who are dissing Doctor who stop! it is a tv show and f..."

Who's dissing it? Not me!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh no...

Why is it that everywhere I go, someone is advertising Doctor Who? Nearly 99.99% of my friends, no joke, love the show. I do not. I do not want to...

...but it seems as if everything and everyone is pulling me in...

NO! I WILL NOT!

NEVERRRRR

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just kidding have a nice day.

Ninja_Narwhal~{Same O'l Popsgrub}~ I would just/like to say sorry about the outburst/before but. Time travel will never exist as if it did we would never notice as it would have changed the world in the past therefore making us not car in the future. And as you read this a billion things would change if we went back kin time.

Also I still don't like dw

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Wallawalladingdong wrote: "Okay, so I know DW has absolutely nothing to do with THG, but I haven't read any DW books and I know there's a lot of Whovians on Goodreads who have seen The Day Of The Doctor and I thought going t..."

No, John Hurt isn't Nine. He wasn't made from the Doctor's regeneration cycle, but forced from an elixir, which you'd know if you've seen The Night of the Doctor.

Blake Murrell Hurt is not in fact the ninth doctor. It is said so many times it is sad. He is not the doctor. He is the same man, same mind and everything, but he is the one everyone believes to have broken the promise. The doctor is not a person nor is it a name. It is a title, a life style. It is what the doctor pledged to do and be during his lifetime.

emma (thehapabookworm) ^^^^^ This is the best explanation I've read. I completely agree.

Blake Murrell Ok just thought of this. Wallawalladingdong this is because of what you said so thanks. If that is true its impossible to think of them as different entities as so many do. They are just one person. Form 1 to 11 they are just one person. So there cant be a first or second or third and so on doctors because its the same person. All the same person different look, different act =, but its the exact same person. So John Hurt is not the ninth doctor. But William Hartnell is not the first doctor, Patrick Troughton is not the second, John Pertwee is not the third, Tom Baker is not fourth, Divison is not fifth, Baker is not sixth, McCoy is not seventh nor is McGann eighth. Eccleston (That probably spelled wrong.) is not ninth Tennant is not tenth and Smith is not eleventh. They can't be anything but The Doctor. There is no seperate entity doesnt matter how they act or say or feel or anything. We get the same character just with a new body.
Is that bassically what your saying?

Blake Murrell So its all The Doctor and if your refer to them as the first doctor or so on then technically your wrong.

Brolie Even as a huge Doctor Who fan, I still find placing this whole deal here is quite ridiculous. There are so many other avenues to explore, like, I dunno.... A doctor who forum... Multiple facebook pages dedicated to Doctor Who.... or simply googling the question "is john hurt the 9th doctor?" lo and behold!

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-1...

message 24: by BattyKat (last edited Dec 07, 2013 06:46PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

BattyKat We number the faces to keep them straight in memory and conversation. Yes, Blake, you are correct. It IS the same creature, a Galifreyan (?) who, as is the way of his species, regenerates multiple times throughout his lifespan. He regenerates with different face most times because that's how it was written in the script way back when.

As for calling him The Doctor, that's what Galifreyans(?) do. Each and every one of them that we saw around the conference table thingy in the two part episode with The Master (I can't remember the name of the episode and I am too lazy to look it up.) Each of those time lords had a title rather than a name. Hence 'The Master'.

Remember, The Doctor is an alien. He's not human, he's not from Earth, no matter his unhealthy attachment to us!

And yes, John Hurt was the dirty little secret between classic DW and the current run of the show. :)