Invisible Hands discussion

Planning > Regarding the Story

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» (last edited Nov 24, 2013 09:50PM) (new)

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 102 comments So I'm planning to have the story taking place only on Eternal Earth (it is a slightly smaller version of Earth in another dimension). While the Eternal Ones may crossover to Earth, they would simply disappear from the story for a while (preferably after saying why). I think that would also be a good way we could deal with members who suddenly go inactive or who have to take a hiatus for a vacation or for school. Any objections?

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 102 comments Regarding actual plot, one idea I had is that there is a war going on, on Eternal Earth. (I apologize for the awkwardness of that sentence.) That being said, I would love to see what other ideas are out there, because as much as I hate to admit it, my way isn't always the best way.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 102 comments Oh! One major question I have for everyone, but that is partially dependent on the plot, is do we want to have one topic for the roleplay or multiple?

message 4: by Kataury (new)

Kataury I personally enjoy one. It makes the roleplay more fluid and one single story. However, it does have the downside that if anybody falls inactive too long they would have to catch up and it's rather disorganized in that sense.

Okay! So this is an idea that has a large amount of potential, should everything work in my brain. I'm pondering what type of battle could be going on. I feel a little like this could be like Risk... with the Greek Gods being situated in Rome. The Eastern spirits and shamanism in Asia, the Egwugwu and other wild entities in Africa. The Native American Spirit Animals, and the Bloodthirsty South American deities.

So let me separate the potential options into categories.

1. A war between the gods of Chaos and the Gods of Order. Not too sure how they would be separated, because that would just require extensive research on the character creators parts. They would research their God thoroughly and determine whether they would be denizens of Order or Chaos.

2. A war between the Eastern Eurasia and Western Eurasia gods. The deities of the orient have grown and expanded their reign and have now threatened the stability of the European entities such as the Norse and Greek Gods. This would mainly focus on chinese, Indian, Japanese, and European cultures.

3. Petty squabbles would be occurring between all the gods that are created in the characters topic, but overall there becomes a quiet and looming threat of destruction. A god is only a god so long as there are believers. I'm going to pull the strings of reality a bit here and just say that the Earth is still full of inhabitants that worship these gods (like the Greek pagan gods and the Norse and the Mayans etc.) But slowly the world is beginning to cease believing in any god, endangering their kind and sapping their strength. They must all somehow work together to humble the humans and return them to believing in their respective religions again.

4. In this situation it would be a little bit more involved, especially for only a select few roleplayers that decide to be active on a daily (and sometimes hourly basis). Several gods are banished from the eternal Earth for upsetting the balance of good and evil (or order and chaos... take your pick). Because of this, these few characters are banished to the real Earth, where they must regain their rightful place in the heavens by assisting their believers the old fashioned way through heroic actions and responding through miracles. Meanwhile, the other characters would be acting as villains to try and wipe out the fallen entities followers so that they will be reverted to little more than... whatever they were originally. Human, animal, object, dust in the wind, whatever. So it's a lot more involved concerning several major roleplayers that would be grouped together roleplaying against the rest of the group. This one is simply a theoretical idea, and I've never tried it out on a group. But usually roleplays end up with only 2-5/6 extremely active players.

5. Chess Game: Two major players will act as the good guy and the bad guy while the other players obey their commanders orders. This one is simply a different take on option 1/2. There will of course be conflict and internal debates about the god's own principles and whatnot. But overall it's a battle between two members, although it could end up a game of King of the Hill between ancient deities.

That's all I can think of at the moment... but I'll probably think up something else after I've actually gotten some sleep :P

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) I prefer multiple threads. One is too hard to follow if for some reason you fall behind and it becomes confusing.

message 6: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 158 comments I like ideas 3 and 4 the most.