Invisible Hands discussion

IMPORTANT > Questions, Comments, Concerns

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» (last edited Nov 24, 2013 09:45PM) (new)

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 102 comments Questions, comments, or concerns? This is the place. Suggestions? Not so much. In fact, there is a topic for that.

message 2: by Woolfie (last edited Nov 24, 2013 10:39PM) (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) Heya Kenz, is this the same as the Vices and Virtues rp? Lol coz I was confused enough as it was with all the randomness flying around, sad to say.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 102 comments Really Woolfie? Really? Did you not see the big yellow thing that popped out at your face when you started typing?

(No, this could be considered similar, but also very very different.)

message 4: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) Heh I try not to pay attention to those flipping disturbances impeding focus like an annoying presence by one's shoulder.

message 5: by s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» (last edited Nov 24, 2013 11:00PM) (new)

message 6: by Kitsune (new)

Kitsune Rose (kitsunerose) How old are we saying the world is?

message 8: by Kitsune (new)

Kitsune Rose (kitsunerose) The world the gods come from.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 102 comments It is the same age as Earth.

message 10: by Kitsune (new)

Kitsune Rose (kitsunerose) And how old are we saying that is?

message 11: by Woolfie (last edited Nov 26, 2013 06:16AM) (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) I'm assuming that the 'latter day deities' are among the 'mere mortals' and so must require more than one soubriquet through the ages of the Earth, and that the names they have in their profiles are supposed to be their original names?

message 12: by Kitsune (last edited Nov 26, 2013 02:55PM) (new)

Kitsune Rose (kitsunerose) I have so many questions lol XD

Ok, so, I did Eros and in mythology he falls in love with Psyche and eventually she gets made immortal and it's kind of a happily-ever-after thing but I don't want him to be married so should I put Psyche in there and then say she died or just leave her out?

And I still have that question about how old the Earth supposedly is at this point because if a god/goddess is primordial then they could be potentially just as old as the Earth but does this really matter ultimately?

I saw something about claiming but I'm not sure I'm understanding it correctly. Since I made Eros (a god) does that mean I have to make a goddess before I make another god?

And I'm still confused about the name thing and why they need "human" names.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 102 comments Leave her out. The human's myths vary from the actual history on Eternal Earth.

The Eternal Ones started existing around the time the believers in them came to pass. The Eternal Earth is older than that. Does that answer it?

No, you don't.

They are not human names, rather than names they've come to have, whether self given or given by others. I think I've decided the names need to mean something that has to do with the deity. Like the Latin word for something they embody, or something they have power over. It's kind of like a descriptor of themselves.

message 14: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) Not to be a pain, but for the sake of uniformity, how do you want the Age to look? In your example you have it as "Between xxxx and xxxx" but I noticed some profiles have commas at the hundreds as well as with the word "years" in there.

message 15: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) Yeah and on that note, how does one estimate how old a God or Goddess is?

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 102 comments Oh no! Will you address that as necessary, Sarah?

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 102 comments Woolfie, I think I addressed that in Announcements, but if I didn't, they came to be at the same time as belief in them arose.

message 18: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) Sure

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 102 comments Sarah wrote: "Sure"

Thanks love!

message 20: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) ;)

message 21: by Emma (new)

Emma Wait, so do you want us to cut most of the legends from the histories?

message 22: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) I think perhaps it's ok to use the legends as something of a starting point, but it ought not dominate?

message 23: by s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» (last edited Nov 28, 2013 06:44PM) (new)

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 102 comments ☾Ⓔⓜⓜⓐ☽ wrote: "Wait, so do you want us to cut most of the legends from the histories?"

Yes. It's very distracting from the actual characters themselves, and as they've forgotten those times already, they really don't contribute anything. By all means, use those details to enhance your understanding and development of your character, but for the rest of us, that's just too much information. Deal?

(Sif's story about the hair and all seems relevant, by the way.)

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 102 comments Also, does that make sense to all y'all?

message 25: by Emma (new)

Emma Yeah. Sorry if I sound like an idiot XD

So basically, relevant things that they remember like marriages and direct links to personality/appearance traits are good, other stuff no. Right?

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 102 comments Yes. Things of the now and of the recent past. Tales from their beginnings...? Not so much. I think this might also give us some plot! After all, there was once all this conflict, apparent from the legends, but times have been peaceful as of late, but peace has overstayed its welcome, and the Eternal Ones are growing uneasy. (Damn you, Kenzie. Totally wrong topic to be discussing plot.)

message 27: by Emma (new)

Emma Lol, cool. I've got it. Fun drama ;)

message 28: by Emma (new)

Emma When do you plan to start the rp in this group?

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 102 comments Uh.... I should open that up. Sorry about that friends.

message 30: by Emma (new)

Emma It's fine! I just didn't want to watch the group die- it's always so sad when that happens.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 102 comments Thanks doll! :D I'll do my best to get it opened up and running today.

message 32: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) Hear hear!