Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

The Taming of Ryder Cavanaugh (Cynster, #20; The Cynster Sisters Duo, #2)
This topic is about The Taming of Ryder Cavanaugh
Archived: Series Reads > The Taming of Ryder Cavanaugh (The Cynster Sisters Duo #2) by Stephanie Laurens (Start Date: February 3, 2014)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 100 (100 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments
[image error]
The Taming of Ryder Cavanaugh, by Stephanie Laurens

The 2nd in the Cynster Sisters duo, #1 New York Times bestselling author Stephanie Laurens thrills with this fantastic tale of a Cynster who'll stop at nothing for love.

Lady Mary has been waiting years for this opportunity. Not that her sister has thrown off her spinster ways and become betrothed, it's finally Mary's chance for true love. She knows exactly who she wants --and it's not someone as wild, unmanageable, and sinfully seductive as Ryder Cavanaugh.

Ryder Cavanaugh, Marquess of Raventhorne, had never met a woman who wouldn't happily fall at his feet--or into his bed...until Lady Mary Cynster. But Ryder has made some decisiosn abotu his life and he'll only succeed at being the man he wants to be with Mary by his side. And convincing her of that fact is just the kind of challenge he thrills at...

♥♡♡♥♡♡♥♡♡♥♡♡♥♡♡♥♡♡♥♡♡♥♡♡♥♡♡♥♡♡♥♡♡♥♡♡♥♡♡♥♡♡♥♡♡♥♡♡♥♡♡♥♡♡♥♡♡♥♡♡♥

The very last in connection to the Cynster series that we have been doing in chronological order starts in February. Date as yet to be determine.

Please join us.

Expect Spoilers!

Participants

Chapter Breakdown

message 2: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments Reserved.

message 3: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I don't have it yet , but I'll get it by then.

message 4: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Nov 24, 2013 05:22PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I don't like the cover on the right , she looks constipated!

message 5: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments **gigglesnort** You are B.A.D.

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments I'm in, and lol ShoSho xD
I have the left one, I like it. The girl's cute but not supermodel perfect, and I like the green and white coloring.

message 7: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Kit★ wrote: "I'm in, and lol ShoSho xD
I have the left one, I like it. The girl's cute but not supermodel perfect, and I like the green and white coloring."

yes the left one is fun , it has the kind of cover that makes want to read the book!

message 8: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Did you notice she is brunette in the left and blond in the right? The publishers are at it again. LOL!

message 9: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Huh! So which one do you think is the right hair color?

message 10: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Probably the left.

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments I'd lol if it was neither and she was a red-head :p

message 12: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments LMBO! That's would be good.

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments Are there any ginger Cynsters? I can't remember. Some auburn haired ones I'm sure, but any true red-heads?

message 14: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Hmmm... I don't know! Certainly no males.

message 15: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I'm in for this!

I'd bet she's dark headed like the rest of the Cynster family.

message 16: by Judy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Judy I'm in for this one too!

message 17: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Susan (susayq) wrote: "I'm in for this!

I'd bet she's dark headed like the rest of the Cynster family."

They have blonds too.I can't remember who right now but at least one of the bar cynsters is blonde

message 18: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Judy wrote: "I'm in for this one too!"

Great :)

message 19: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Demon Cynster is blonde.

message 20: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Demon Cynster is blonde."

What about the twins? or any of the other girls?

message 21: by Judy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Judy I thought Amanda and Amelia were blondes, but I'm not sure.

message 22: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments You know, Amanda and Amelia were blondes in their stories; however, in Devil's Bride they had "chestnut curls." A little slip on SL's part.

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments Hey, so do we have any idea when we're aiming to do this one?

message 24: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I don't have a clue. I got my copy of it in the mail yesterday so I'm ready for whenever :)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments I'm so ready for this, gotta go dig it out of the book boxes though. Should be right on top. We are going out of town on the 1st, but we should be home on the 3rd, so I probably can't do the first set of Qs but I can take another set :D

message 26: by Judy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Judy I'm going to do the audio for this one. I'm going to try to start it early, but I have to finish some library audios that I can't renew, so I'll probably be behind in the reading.

message 27: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments When do you start?

message 28: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I've got some papers to grade today and I'm almost finished with my current book, so I may be able to start this tonight if I don't end up watching more episodes of Reign.

message 29: by Judy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Judy I can post the first set of DQs on Tuesday (if everyone can wait that long.) I haven't started listening to this one yet, and have 2 other books to finish today.
If that's OK, could someone tell me how many chapters I need to cover? I have the audio and don't know the chapter breakdown.

message 30: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'll try to start today but I don't think I'll read much. I am tired and I have 1001 things to do. I was trying to write a review and my brain wasn't cooperating ,it doesn't seem likely that she will be ready to get to back to reading either!

message 31: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Judy wrote: "I can post the first set of DQs on Tuesday (if everyone can wait that long.) I haven't started listening to this one yet, and have 2 other books to finish today.
If that's OK, could someone tell..."

17 chapters and an epilogue. Ch 5 ends on page 115, so 1-5 to start?

message 32: by June (new) - rated it 3 stars

June (ladyjune) | 315 comments O I missed the one in January. Maybe I can join this one. BTW is it the last of our Cynster Buddy Read? Or we'll continue with Barnaby Adair's Casebook?

message 33: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I'm on chapter 2 and already loving Ryder. I don't care for his step-mother though.

message 34: by Judy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Judy I'm on Chapter 2 also, and I already like this better than Henrietta's book. I should be able to listen more today, so will have the questions for Chap 1-5 up by tomorrow.

message 35: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I finished chapter 1 last night . I really liked it .I even liked Livonia ,I don't mind an evil step mother!

message 36: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments You all are just tempting me. LOL!

message 37: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments it's been good so far .Haven't read a lot still on the first page of chapter 2

message 38: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Not repetitious?

message 39: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Not repetitious?"

I can't say , it's too soon !

message 40: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I'm going to say no to the repetitious comment. It's different so far.

message 41: by June (new) - rated it 3 stars

June (ladyjune) | 315 comments I'm on to chapter 7.
I wonder why Mary called him Ryder rather than his title? I get the impression that They were mere acquitance.

message 42: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I wondered that also. It's one thing to think his name, but to use it in public?

message 43: by Judy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Judy I really like this so far, and I kept listening last evening, so I think I'm up to about Chapter 8. I tried to come up with questions for the first five chapters, but I think these are more observations- but here goes

1. So far, I think Ryder may be one of my favorite SL heroes. He is just "alpha" enough for me, but not too over the top. From the other book, I wasn't sure I would like Mary, but I really like her now. What do you think about the characters?

2. How did you feel about the way Ryder handled Lagarde and Francome at the ball? Were you surprised Mary figured out what he was up to?

3. Who do you think is behind the attack on Ryder? Lavinia? Lagarde or Francome? Someone else?

4. Dr. Stephenson seems to have a pretty big part in this one, do you think he'll get his own book? :)

message 44: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments LK, I'd say this book is really different at least in storyline. What happened at the end of chapter 4 was soo unexpected!

message 45: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'll answer the Qs in a bit

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments I'm gonna start tonight! :D

message 47: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments F*ck F*ck F*ck ! I typed the answer and GR ate the whole thing !

message 48: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Feb 04, 2014 01:20PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments 1. So far, I think Ryder may be one of my favorite SL heroes. He is just "alpha" enough for me, but not too over the top. From the other book, I wasn't sure I would like Mary, but I really like her now. What do you think about the characters?
I like him too. At first I thought he is too arrogant but he started doubting Mary's attraction to him and that was when I started to like him.
I really liked that she made a mistake identifying her hero .That was a nice twist and I liked that she didn't want Ryder to be her hero at first

2. How did you feel about the way Ryder handled Lagarde and Francome at the ball? Were you surprised Mary figured out what he was up to?
I was not surprised! he reacted exactly the way I was expecting him to!
No I thought she would figure it out much sooner but the way things played out was just right

3. Who do you think is behind the attack on Ryder? Lavinia? Lagarde or Francome? Someone else?
Someone else but I don't know who yet. I don't think it's the stepmother , she doesn't seem that evil and beside it would be too obvious

4. Dr. Stephenson seems to have a pretty big part in this one, do you think he'll get his own book? :)
It is possible that he would have his own book but he is thin and SL doesn't do thin heroes!
Have we met him before?

message 49: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments ShoSho wrote: "F*ck F*ck F*ck ! I typed the answer and GR ate the whole thing !"

**blows raspberry at GRs**

message 50: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Feb 04, 2014 01:29PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Lisa Kay wrote:

**blows raspberry at GRs**"

**Joins LK and blows raspberry**

Fun fact: I can't blow raspberry I have tried to learn and hubby has tried to teach me but I can't do it physically !I don't know why

« previous 1