Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Question of the Week > What's your favorite Thanksgiving dish or dishes?

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Nov 24, 2013 04:10PM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 9700 comments Mod
If you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, if there is another food-oriented holiday you celebrate, what is (are) your favorite dish(es)?

message 2: by Kim Davis (new)

Kim Davis | 134 comments Stuffing (aka dressing, depending in where you live)! I love it and it has to be real, not Stove Top.

message 3: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 395 comments I love the desserts!! Peach cobbler and pumpkin pie :)

message 4: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 1706 comments Mod
Stuffing and giblet gravy! Also LOVE Pecan Pie.

Paganalexandria  | 354 comments Sweet Potato Pie. I also could care less about Turkey, but love dressing (especially if my mom made it). I find that dressing is like tuna fish. Everyone makes it different by adding "special" ingredients in both. Which means I'm leery of tasting either not made by someone in my family.

message 6: by Alice (new)

Alice (thegoodqueen) | 49 comments I like the cold turkey & cranberry sauce sandwiches with a side of apple salad (also called Waldorf salad)the day after.

message 7: by Rachel Annie (new)

Rachel Annie (snapdragoness) Pretty much every side. Mac & cheese, stuffing, mashed potatoes.

CARB OVERLOAD!!!

message 8: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

I will admit that my family is going out this year for Thanksgiving. No Dishes and No Leftovers! I have recently joined TOPS and I really want to get this weight off me so I am going to have a good dinner but won't bring anything home to tempt me later ☺

Paganalexandria  | 354 comments Why is this thread making me so hungry? LOL

message 10: by Anna D. (new)

Anna D. | 44 comments I love home made cornbread!

Panela, what's TOPS? I'm gonna need it after this holiday season!

message 11: by Kim Davis (new)

Kim Davis | 134 comments My mom is having surgery tomorrow so she ordered a fully cooked dinner from a local grocery store. I was going to cook, but she's a worse control freak than I am so she decided this was the way to go. Since I probably would have killed her at some point while cooking, I think she might be right. lol As long as I get leftovers, I'm good. I am planning to make Turkey Tetrazzini on Friday whether mom likes it or not. :o

message 12: by ~Megan~ (new)

~Megan~ (megadee) | 1084 comments Mod
I love the dressing as well! Casseroles are a must, and I'm a huge sweets person. My Memaw makes a killer coconut pie!

message 13: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Anna D. wrote: "I love home made cornbread!

Panela, what's TOPS? I'm gonna need it after this holiday season!"

TOPS is a weight loss support group. Stands for "Taking Off Pounds Sensibly". We meet once a week and weight and different people will give talks on topics that could help other members. We share phone numbers so you can call other members and get support when you are feeling stressed and stuff.

Paganalexandria  | 354 comments Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "Anna D. wrote: "I love home made cornbread!

Panela, what's TOPS? I'm gonna need it after this holiday season!"

TOPS is a weight loss support group. Stands for "Taking Off Pounds Sensibly". We mee..."

Pamela, it sounds a little like Weight Watchers. Are you having any success? I lost 50lbs last year, but seem to have found about 10 of it again in the past month. Looking for a new way to get back on top of it again. Sounds like your doing great considering your avoiding the pitfalls we fall into during this time of year.

message 15: by Sharmila (new)

Sharmila | 67 comments I'm so blessed to have several different types of goodie at my dinner table from Scottish, Spanish and Caribbean dishes!

But I have to have Cranberry Stuffing. I love pasteles which takes two days to make, and a Puerto Rican drink called Coquito just that drink alone is like three meals, so I try to behave when drinking it, it's either you get blasted or gain like 5 pounds. Lol

message 16: by Vanessa Eden (new)

Vanessa  Eden Patton (vanessaeden) | 21 comments hash brown casserole

Awilk -never sleeps-  (awilk) | 98 comments I don't celebrate thanksgiving, but at any family party or gathering I am in charge of the sweets. Family favourites are trifle and turtle pie.

message 18: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Paganalexandria **wicked juices bubbling over** wrote: "Pamela, it sounds a little like Weight Watchers. Are you having any success? I lost 50lbs last year, but seem to have found about 10 of it again in the past month. Looking for a new way to get back on top of it again. Sounds like your doing great considering your avoiding the pitfalls we fall into during this time of year...."

Only been doing it a little over a month and making slow progress. Only about 10 lbs. so far.

Danielle Book Boss (daniellebookboss) Sweet potatoe pie! I eat it at breakfast, lunch and dinner for Thanksgiving (the day before and after too).

message 20: by Anna D. (new)

Anna D. | 44 comments Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "Only been doing it a little over a month and making slow progress. Only about 10 lbs. so far."

10 lbs is fantastic! You're at least going in the right direction - hard to do over the holidays.

Vanessa, hash brown casseroles are delicious! I might add that to our menu this year :)

message 21: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Thanks, Anna!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 9700 comments Mod
A lot of you mentioned some of my favorites. Even though there are only four of us, we are cooking a full meal.

Here is our menu:

*Turkey
*Roast Beef
*A small hunk of ham
*I'm making Baked Beans for the first time
*Macaroni and Cheese
*Cornbread dressing (with wild rice, apples, cranberries, sausage
*Green bean casserole
*Sweet Potato Pie
*Homemade bread rolls (my sister)

We usually have several days of leftovers, which is great.

message 23: by Raven (new)

Raven Pierre (raven_st_pierre) Vanessa wrote: "hash brown casserole"

LOVE hash brown casserole! Got an awesome recipe from YouTube. Tastes just like Cracker Barrel!

message 24: by Sharmila (new)

Sharmila | 67 comments Oh snapssss!!!!! Danielle! Home made bread and rolls are the best! Lol

message 25: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 269 comments Danielle Cause I'm the Book Boss wrote: "Sweet potatoe pie! I eat it at breakfast, lunch and dinner for Thanksgiving (the day before and after too)."

I'm that way with the pumpkin pie, I eat a piece covered with whip cream with each meal until its gone

message 26: by Paganalexandria (last edited Nov 28, 2013 09:22PM) (new)

Paganalexandria  | 354 comments I ate so much, I can feel food pushing against my eyeballs. LOL

message 27: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 381 comments LOL, Paganalexandria! And I thought I just got glaucoma ...My fav is the sweet potato casserole my little sister makes (from Mom's secret receipe *grin*) BUT every year she tops it differently. This year was nuts with a little brown sugar. Last year was tiny marshmallows. My aunt makes it with tons of brown sugar mixed with the nuts and I LOVE that! Why can't Paula make it next year (or at Christmas) with the nuts and lots of brown sugar on the bottom and tiny marshmallows on top? Hmmm ...Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!

That casserole sounds scrumptious, Cindi!

We had a good day. My sister and I did almost all the cooking and cleaning, so we were tired!! It was still worthwhile, and I loved the leftovers today.

Paganalexandria  | 354 comments Cindi wrote: "LOL, Paganalexandria! And I thought I just got glaucoma ...My fav is the sweet potato casserole my little sister makes (from Mom's secret receipe *grin*) BUT every year she tops it differently. T..."

That sounds like my mom's Sweet Potato Delight