Doctor Who: The Library of Carsus discussion

The Greatest Show Discussion > Day of the Doctor (spoilage ahead)

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 1225 comments Just finished watching it an hour ago and I am still happy beyond belief.
So many great little easter eggs that I could be up all night trying to list them all.

To quote a famous man 'Wonderful chap, all of them."

message 2: by Janelle (new)

Janelle (janelle5) | 43 comments Couldn't agree more. Saw it yesterday at the theatre, but recorded it at home on the DVD player. Can't wait to watch it again!

message 3: by Lori S. (new)

Lori S. (fuzzipueo) | 589 comments Mod
It's a definitely Wow! . I get to see it tomorrow night at the theater. Yay!

Thetravelingpanda | 8 comments I could not agree more it was great! Lori I think you will love it (I won't say anything more so I don't spoil anything for you!=))

message 5: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 39 comments Absolutely freaking awesome.

message 6: by Fiona (new)

Fiona McGier | 75 comments I'm so jealous of those in Britain who could record it! We saw it in a theater in 3D in the Chicago area. Lots of Tom Baker scarves in the audience (including my husband's, that I made for him years ago), and tee shirts, some that lit up. Even a couple of fezs! (fezi?) What an experience! And yes, I agree with Leftbridge Stewart, "Wonderful chap...all of them"! Even the extras after the movie were worth staying for! No one left the theater until it was getting light again. All of our kids were with us, and I've never felt so proud to be a Doctor-who nerd in my life!

message 7: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 9 comments I really enjoyed it. I didn't see it in the theatre but I have pre-ordered the DVD. some very unexpected surprises.

message 8: by Jaq (new)

Jaq | 8 comments I was hoping for some special guest appearances by some of the older companions...but other than that, it was a treat......and I loved all the Doctors gathered at the end.....

message 9: by Robert (new)

Robert Wright (rhwright) | 74 comments I'm trying not to pick it apart too much. No 50th anniversary episode was gonna live up to the expectations, hype, and fan anticipation.

I'll try to focus on the things I loved/liked and be tolerant of others.

Things I liked:

John Hurt
The return of 10
That Tom Baker cameo
A bit of Capaldi
Any bits of Gallifrey & the Time War they will give us

Still for me the best bit might have been the prequel mini-sode, Night of the Doctor.

message 10: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 1225 comments Well, if enough people have seen it that we can start gushing about things we liked:

The three Doctors not getting along and the snarky dialogue.
The round things, I love the round things.
Kate Stewart
John Hurt getting his own sonic screwdriver
The group shot at the end.
An end to the angst!
The three Doctors dramatic walking moment with the Matt Smith era music in the background.
The curator

message 11: by Lori S. (new)

Lori S. (fuzzipueo) | 589 comments Mod
I saw it last night on the big screen. Big things, little things and everything in between. I loved it all from the get go. Things I really liked:

•John Hurt's Doctor.

•The Moment being like Pandora's box.

•Something even bigger being put into Pandora's box.

•The 11th Doctor admitting that he's been lying about his age! It's about time.

•The Time Lord in the war room "All three of them. My worst nightmare come true." (may be slightly off on the quote)

•All of the Doctors showing up in the War Room

•The return of the Zygons (and after some thought, I think it really is an excellent framing story that is both complete and whole though at first glance ...)

•This is very girly of me I know, but I want one of those collars Smiley

•Eleven saying "Geronimo!" Ten saying "Allons-y!" War Doctor saying "Oh, for God's sake!" LOL

•The painting "Gallifrey Falls No More" and the stasis cubes. Cool stuff. Probably some of the best special effects on the series to date.

There's loads more, but I have to work or I won't get to eat Thanksgiving turkey. :0)

message 12: by Fiona (new)

Fiona McGier | 75 comments As long as we're not worried about "spoilers" anymore...I cried when 10 and 11 put their hands over John Hurt's hand on the button, and told him that this time he doesn't need to do it alone. Talk about inner angst! This special had everything we love about the Doctor and then some! Humor...snark...catch phrases...pathos...social commentary...familiar characters we get excited over seeing again...sigh. I have no complaints. I think it was most excellent!

message 13: by Ivan (new)

Ivan | 17 comments I LOVED The Day of the Doctor. It exceeded my expectations.

CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian (klandersen) | 179 comments OH where to begin.... "We're confusing the polarity" one of my fave quotes from it. There were many other quotes I loved but I don't want to just list quotes it would almost be like reprinting the script. LOL.

The visual affects were fantastic starting with Clara riding the motorcycle into the TARDIS. That is an effect they couldn't have done even about 10 years ago without it looking like an obvious effect.

The entire very beginning with the tribute to the very first episode from the original title screen to the Bobby walking past the junk yard, and the added touch of fading the black and white into color
War Doctor's "Oh, for God's sake!" quote.
ALL the Doctors orbiting Gallifrey and the TimeLord's dialogue about ALL 13 of them.
All the cameos of past characters especially Tom Baker's Caretaker Character (The Retired Doctor? Just an ordinary Caretaker? The Momemt assuring Matt Smith's incarnation that all is well now?)
The moment mocking the War Doctor with the "No More, NO MORE, No More" chant.
Quote: As the 3 Doctors arrive in the Blackvault "Sorry about the Dalek"
Clara rescuing the 3 Doctors from the Tower of London Cell and her quote: "3 of you and Not one of you bothered to check the door?"

There is a on of other stuff I am sure.