The Writer's Cafe discussion

Group Stories > Character Creator for The Halifax Stone

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Dana (new)

Dana Smythe | 273 comments Mod
This is the character creator folder for the Halifax Stone, just in case the thread name didn't give it away. Basically, all you do is describe your character so that the other players/writers have an idea of what your character is like. This is not only helpful in general, but also stakes your claim on that particular character, so that no one else can control them.

A basic template is listed below, but feel free to add on if you have more information to share about your character.

Name:
Pronunciation:
Appearance:
General attitude/behavior:
Personality traits or msc. info:

message 2: by Dana (new)

Name: Ayla Corrian
Pronunciation: AY-luh KOR-ee-in
Appearance: medium height, slim bordering on skinny, brownish-black hair usually kept tied up, and grey eyes. Usually dresses in traveling leathers.
Occupation: not generally known (in other words, to be revealed later)
General attitude/behavior: cynical, taciturn
Personality traits or msc. info: not a native of Shael, but still familiar with the city

message 3: by Dana (new)

Name: Wick
Pronunciation: (normal pronunciation for the word)
Appearance: 5'0", looks to be in his early teens. Dark, messy hair and brown eyes; usually looks rather unwashed and raggedy
General attitude/behavior: intense while on the job, jovial when not
Personality traits or msc. info: a native of Shael; orphan

message 4: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (last edited Nov 24, 2013 06:31PM) (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Name: Sadia Lyketeh
Pronunciation: SAH-dee-ah Lie-keh-teh
Appearance: Olive skin, messy curly dark hair, bright blue eyes, extremely short, slim, blushes easily.
Occupation: Sells apples in a small stall in Shael, making money for family.
General attitude: Optimistic, bubbly, funny, clumsy, feisty, protective.
Personality traits/msc. info: lives just outside Shael, in a small wooden house, with her grandmother, parents, and five brothers and sisters. They are extremely poor and Sadia, as the oldest, must work to feed her family.

message 5: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Name: Soren Chychel
Pronunciation: SOH-ren SHY-ell
Appearance: Dark-blond hair, green eyes, tall, muscled, wiry, pale skin.
General attitude: kind, sarcastic, ultra-smart, calm.
Msc. info: He has lived in Shael all his life, father is really rich therefore he is too.

message 6: by sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (new)

sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (nowoffish) Name: Kahli
Pronunciation:KAH- lee
Appearance: blond,short hair, startling blue eyes that always have a mischevous spark. She is medium height.
Occupation: daughter of stall owner, best friend to Sadia, troublemaker.
General attitude/behavior: quick witted, street-smart, feisty, sarcastic, mischevous, funloving, cunning.
msc. info: she is a native to Shael and spends her time in the marketplace playing jokes, helping out her parents with the stall or with Sadia.

message 7: by sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (last edited Nov 24, 2013 09:47PM) (new)

sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (nowoffish) Name: Dazrah Chychel
Pronunciation: DAHZ-rah SHY-ell
Appearance: Dark brown hair, peircing green eyes, tall, muscular
General attitude/behavior: cunning, devious, charismatic, selfish, smart
msc. info: Father to Sorren Chychel, is NOT an honest merchant, rich, powerful

message 8: by Sofia (new)

Sofia | 135 comments Mod
Name: Nobody knows his real name. He's known as "Master Heron" to the rich, as "the Magician" to the inhabitants of the underbelly of the city.
Pronunciation: Normal pronunciation of the word, both times.
Appearance: He looks like a man in his early twenties, tall and pale, with blond curls and turquoise eyes. He's beautiful, with almost feminine features.
Occupation: As "Master Heron" he's one of the most respected merchant of magical and rare goods. Because of the beauty of his wares he's accepted in the high society.
As "the Magician" he's a legend of the city's worst quarters. Most don't believe he even exists. He's involved in pretty much every shady business on both sides of the river.
General attitude/behavior: Friendly, but his friendliness comes off as unsettling most of the time.
Personality traits or msc. info: He always has an hidden agenda and he's liable to change sides in a conflict at any given time, depending on which side benefits him the most.
He's very clever and he never lies: he relies on fine print and unclear wording in order to trick other people.
Many believe that he's not, or at least, not fully human. (Wether or not they're right will be revealed later).
He's not native of Shael and he travels a lot. Nobody knows where he goes when he leaves the city, but when he returns he always has some new wonder to display in his shop.

message 9: by Liv (new)

Liv 'Arrow' Avery (fanghorn) | 1 comments Name: Iris Blackburn
Pronunciation: As it is written
Appearance: fiery red hair medium length, tall and normal size
General attitude/behavior: Very fiery (like her hair) barve, dangerous, friendly once you get to know her, extremely protective
Personality traits or msc. info: great with bow and arrows also knife thrower, speaks very confidently and sarcastically, is funny

message 10: by Maya (new)

Maya | 48 comments Name: Zyrah [still thinking of last name]
Pronunciation: ZY-rah
Appearance: spiky black hair (in a bob), green eyes, not giraffe tall, but on the tall side
Occupation: daughter of some rich person, but ran away... so she's now homeless
General attitude/behavior: a little apathetic and sarcastic
Personality traits or msc. info: quick thinker, usually steals things she needs, aka food and clothes

message 11: by Sofia (new)

Sofia | 135 comments Mod
Name: Mag (short for Magpie)
Pronunciation: The way it's written
Appearance: She's in her teens, short and very thin, with reddish-brown hair and a slightly crooked nose.
Occupation: poses as the Magician when he's away and assists him in his business
General attitude/behavior: Talkative and extrovert, sarcastic.
Personality traits or msc. info: She is an orphan and grew up on the streets with her brother. She has the power to change her features. The Magician found that intriguing and he offered to take her and his brother if she put her talent to his service. She hasn't been able to master any other magic than shapeshifting. She's fiercely loyal and very protective to him and her brother.
She likes shiny things, which is why they called her Magpie.

message 12: by Sofia (new)

Sofia | 135 comments Mod
Name: Tane
Pronunciation: Taen
Appearance: He's in his teens, pale and bony, quite short for his age. His hair is black and his eyes are too, his features sharp.
Occupation: Takes care of the Master Heron's (the Magician's) shop while he's away, does the book-keeping for the shop.
General attitude/behavior: He's quite introvert and quiet, especially with people he doesn't know that well.
Personality traits or misc. information: He's Mag's brother, so they share the same history. He's very close to her and to the Magician. The siblings are the only people the Magician cares for besides himself.
He doesn't have any magical powers. He's very clever and curious, sometimes too curious for his own good.

message 13: by sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (new)

sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (nowoffish) Name: Oridion
Pronunciation: Oh-rid-ee-on
Appearance: pale skin, dark eyes, dark hair, tall.
Personality: cold, clever, cunning
misc info: he is a collector of powerful and rare magical objects and nobody knows where he comes from or where he resides.

message 14: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Name: Aveline (no last name)

Pronunciation: Ah-vah-linn

Appearance: Pale, average height, pale blue eyes, wispy fair hair, sickly thin, slightly transparent.

General attitude/behavior: Quiet, shy.

Personality traits or msc. info: When Aveline was fifteen, she was kidnapped by the stone's creator, and he bonded her spirit with the stone's. As long as the stone exists, she exists, as a sort of guardian-spirit thingy for the stone.

(Is this okay? I was talking with Maya and Soph since they're in my class, and they didn't seem to like the idea much, but I will make it fit in with the story, and I just wanted to make a charrie called Aveline ;))

message 15: by Maya (new)

Maya | 48 comments Nah, that's okay Arnold. As long as everyone else agrees, I'm fine with it.
I do have a question though: When would Aveline appear? Why?

message 16: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Hmmm... She could appear to Zyrah? I don't know. The stone could get all tired or munted or worn out from all the teleporting and it kicks out Aveline's spirit for the moment, and she's all tired and unconcious-y? I don't know... Feel free to add ideas!

message 17: by sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (new)

sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (nowoffish) heh. Or maybe Zyrah could be like the master and it should greet her or something?

message 18: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Mmm

message 19: by sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (new)

sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (nowoffish) Mayo? What do you think? It is your character.

message 20: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) True...

message 21: by Maya (new)

Maya | 48 comments That's fine! Does everyone else agree?

message 22: by Dana (new)

Only if she keeps it a secret from the Magician

message 23: by sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (new)

sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (nowoffish) yup that's a good idea.

message 24: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) This is the new character who's going to be in the place of Liv... It's Catherine's character, we were working on her together.

Name: Lyssa "Lyss" Giathe

Pronunciation: Liss-ah "Liss" Guy-att

Appearance: Pale skin, straight black hair in a tidy, short bob, one pale blue human eye/one bright green cat eye, short, skinny, long claws, black tail and ears which she usually hides under a hat.

Occupation: Lives on streets, occasionally works at the fishmongers stall filleting the fish.

General attitude/behavior: Quiet, shy, can be feisty about things she cares about. Doesn’t trust anyone.

Personality traits or msc. info: When Lyss was young, she was taken away from her family and used as a guinea pig for a magical apprentice. In a spell gone wrong, her DNA was mixed with that of a cat’s, so she has claws, a tail, ears, and she is faster and stronger, along with having one cat eye. She escaped when she was nine and has spent the majority of her life living on the streets since, shunned by humans.

So, just to get it straight, this is NOT my character. This is CATHERINE'S.

message 25: by Maya (new)

Maya | 48 comments oh sweetheart (another long story) I won't sue you. LOL our characters can be black-hair-in-a-bob buddies.

message 26: by Maya (new)

Maya | 48 comments Indeed it shall.

message 27: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Ariane *Daughter of Athena* wrote: "This is the new character who's going to be in the place of Liv... It's Catherine's character, we were working on her together.

Name: Lyssa "Lyss" Giathe

Pronunciation: Liss-ah "Liss" Guy-att

Ap..."

It was NOT my idea, thank you very much! I clearly remeber, we were waiting for Drama to start, and you were like 'Can I have a cat person?'

message 28: by sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (new)

sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (nowoffish) Oh dear. Your love of cats will... um, i'm not sure what it will do actually. So how's that world domination plan going Cat? Am i still in?

message 29: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Catherine wrote: "Ariane *Call me Sparrow* wrote: "Ariane *Daughter of Athena* wrote: "This is the new character who's going to be in the place of Liv... It's Catherine's character, we were working on her together.
..."

I. Was. NOT!

message 30: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Catherine wrote: "Sophia wrote: "Oh dear. Your love of cats will... um, i'm not sure what it will do actually. So how's that world domination plan going Cat? Am i still in?"

Hades yeah. I BAGS ENGLAND AND SCOTLAND!"

I want Ireland, because they have cute accents ;)

message 31: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Catherine wrote: "And leprechauns and unicorns. OMG I just realised that the end of both those words sound like 'corn'. I'd better call United Nations and inform them so we can find out the similarities between thes..."

message 32: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Catherine wrote: "Ariane *Call me Sparrow* wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Ariane *Call me Sparrow* wrote: "Ariane *Daughter of Athena* wrote: "This is the new character who's going to be in the place of Liv... It's Cathe..."

I was not!

message 33: by Maya (new)

Maya | 48 comments oh, your beautiful conversations, Ariane and Cat.

message 34: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Catherine wrote: "Ariane *Call me Sparrow* wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Ariane *Call me Sparrow* wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Ariane *Call me Sparrow* wrote: "Ariane *Daughter of Athena* wrote: "This is the new character ..."

A god probably stole my form and impersonated me.

-.-

message 35: by sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (new)

sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (nowoffish) oh dear. Ariane! I did not know that you were involved in world domination! welcome. I WANTED IRELAND!!!!!!! DAMN YOU.

message 36: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Catherine wrote: "Ariane *Call me Sparrow* wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Ariane *Call me Sparrow* wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Ariane *Call me Sparrow* wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Ariane *Call me Sparrow* wrote: "Ariane *Dau..."

Percy might have

message 37: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (last edited Dec 08, 2013 02:13PM) (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Ariane *Call me Sparrow* wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Ariane *Call me Sparrow* wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Ariane *Call me Sparrow* wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Ariane *Call me Sparrow* wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Ariane *Call me Sparrow* w..."

No no he wouldn't. Ignore that.

message 38: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Sophia wrote: "oh dear. Ariane! I did not know that you were involved in world domination! welcome. I WANTED IRELAND!!!!!!! DAMN YOU."

Hehehehe

message 39: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Catherine wrote: "Ms wrote: "oh, your beautiful conversations, Ariane and Cat."

It's just that it goes: Ariane *Call me Sparrow* wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Ariane *Call me Sparrow* wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Ariane *..."

I know

message 40: by sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (new)

sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (nowoffish) lol.

message 41: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Underfeeds. WOW. Autocorrect really munted that. I meant 'Indeedee'.

message 42: by Maya (new)

Maya | 48 comments underfeeds. oh, ma chere.
I think we should have a symbol for our 'inside jokes'. any ideas?
World domination? count me in.
THE WORLD SHALL BE MINE! *laughs evilly*

message 43: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) zipper. Wow. *indeed. Special.

message 44: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) It could be a... a... LEPRECHAUN!

message 45: by sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (new)

sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (nowoffish) DAMN IT! I shall take Tahiti by storm. it is mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what about the inside joke symbol being Jim the great and holy??? - }:{)>
??????????????

message 46: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Sophia wrote: "DAMN IT! I shall take Tahiti by storm. it is mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what about the inside joke symbol being Jim the great and holy??? - }:{)>
??????????????"

Great idea, darling!

message 47: by Maya (last edited Dec 09, 2013 05:08PM) (new)

Maya | 48 comments what about the inside joke symbol being Jim the great and holy??? - }:{)>
indeed.
oh yeah, guys about Jim the great and holy... }:{)>

message 48: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Guys, we should probably delete this conversation, we're clogging up the character thread. ;)

message 49: by Maya (new)

Maya | 48 comments yerse indeed

message 50: by sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (new)

sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (nowoffish) I agree

« previous 1