Kenyons Minions discussion

Holiday/Christmas Challenge

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carlena, Pumpkin Pie/Care Bear (last edited Dec 02, 2013 03:53AM) (new)

Carlena | 1753 comments This Christmas challenge will be a little different than the last two.

The challenge is to look through books, romance or otherwise, and find a book with a Christmas Tree on the cover and post it here! Please link it. If you have read the book, please share what you thought of the book.

Instead of challenging yourself on how many books to read, pick how many you can find. :)

You can find as many as you want. This is just a fun challenge for this month because usually everyone is busy with family, shopping, cooking, and traveling during this month so sometimes not everyone can read as much as they want or more.

Hope to hear of some new books!

message 2: by Carlena, Pumpkin Pie/Care Bear (new)

Carlena | 1753 comments This thread will open December 1st, 2013

message 3: by Carlena, Pumpkin Pie/Care Bear (new)

Carlena | 1753 comments I'll go first! A Spirited Season by Karen Cantwell , havent read it.

message 4: by Ora (last edited Dec 05, 2013 10:53AM) (new)

Ora (oeamis) The Christmas He Loved Her (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake, #2) by Juliana Stone I love Juliana Stone's Bad Boys of Crystal Lake series. Jake is still coming to grips that his paternal twin brother died in Afghanistan. He feels guilty that he couldn't save him and anger towards because Jesse didn't fight hard enough to survive. A lot of Jake's guilt stems from thinking he has taken everything that belonged to his brother. He has always loved Raine and feels like he is betraying Jesse by being with her.

message 5: by Carlena, Pumpkin Pie/Care Bear (new)

Carlena | 1753 comments Ohhhh that sounds good Ora! I'm gonna have to read it!

message 6: by Carlena, Pumpkin Pie/Care Bear (new)

Carlena | 1753 comments A series I absolutely adore is Christine Feehan's Drake sisters series. The Twilight Before Christmas (Drake Sisters, #2 & Christmas, #2) by Christine Feehan This book actually had some creepy parts to it. The fact that something lurked in the fog, weirded me out to no end. LOL. I highly recommend this series to anyone who enjoys a strong sisterly series with magick and romance.

message 7: by Manuela (new)

Manuela (manu21) | 2559 comments Carlena wrote: "A series I absolutely adore is Christine Feehan's Drake sisters series. The Twilight Before Christmas (Drake Sisters, #2 & Christmas, #2) by Christine Feehan This book actually had some creepy parts to it. The fact that something lu..."

OH I so love those girls and their partners. Haven't read all yet but I'll try to get my fingers on the rest of them. I find their house creepy.

message 8: by Carlena, Pumpkin Pie/Care Bear (new)

Carlena | 1753 comments Manuela wrote: "Carlena wrote: "A series I absolutely adore is Christine Feehan's Drake sisters series. The Twilight Before Christmas (Drake Sisters, #2 & Christmas, #2) by Christine Feehan This book actually had some creepy parts to it. The fact t..."

their house is wonderful! it protects them! if you havent read hannah's story yet, if he hasnt yet, jonas will both melt your heart and make you want to shove his face in!

message 9: by Manuela (new)

Manuela (manu21) | 2559 comments read Sarah and Damon, Abby and Aleksandr, Hannah and Jonas, Joley and Ilya and Elle and Jackson, but that was way before I became a member at GR, so I listed them all as want to read and one day I get them all from the libary and read them one after the other...

message 10: by Manuela (new)

Manuela (manu21) | 2559 comments A Taste of Christmas by Nicole Yanski Loveable Christmas Angel (Angels with Attitude, #3) by Mimi Barbour Madison's Christmas by Carol Ann Kauffman Christmas At Copper Mountain (A Copper Mountain Christmas) by Jane Porter Christmas Kisses (Romance on the Ranch, #5) by Verna Clay

I had no idea how many books had trees on their cover LOL

message 11: by Ora (new)

message 12: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new)

Shari-amor | 5271 comments The Delaney Christmas Carol by Kay Hooper

I thought this was pretty good. I loved how all the authors interwove their stories together.Kay Hooper and Iris Johansen are two of my favorite authors. They do a good job of mixing paranormal romance and a bit of suspense