The Writer's Cafe discussion

Group Stories > Group Stories

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dana (last edited Jan 21, 2014 12:20PM) (new)

Dana Smythe | 273 comments Mod
Group stories are a fun middle ground between role-playing and co-authoring. Basically, what happens is that someone creates a character and then starts a story from their point of view. Everyone else then creates their own characters and adds on to the story, building off of what came before.
A couple of rules:
1. You can only control your own character. If you absolutely need someone else's character to do or say something within your own segment, contact that person first to make sure that it's okay!
2. If a character isn't listed in the character creator folder, then (s)he is up for grabs and can be controlled, directed or even adopted by anyone.
3. Keep things clean - we don't want to get the group in trouble. I'm sure everyone knows where the line is, so I don't feel the need to belabor this point. : )
4. If you're inactive for more than two weeks, your character can be controlled by the other group members until you get back - just so that the story can keep going.

The first group story should be available soon. If you want to start another story/thread, please let me know!

message 2: by sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (new)

sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (nowoffish) cool.

message 3: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Dana

Great!

message 4: by Dana (new)

NOTICE: If you're not already in a group story, and would like to be - or if you are in a story but really want to be in another one - send me a PM so that I know how much interest is out there. That way I can put new stories together as needed. : )

message 5: by Cameron (new)

Cameron (cami1661) | 5 comments Dana wrote: "NOTICE: If you're not already in a group story, and would like to be - or if you are in a story but really want to be in another one - send me a PM so that I know how much interest is out there. Th..."

I would like to be

message 6: by Dana (new)

Cameron wrote: "Dana wrote: "NOTICE: If you're not already in a group story, and would like to be - or if you are in a story but really want to be in another one - send me a PM so that I know how much interest is ..."

Can you update your settings so that you're accepting messages? Then I can send you a note about joining a group story. : )

message 7: by Cameron (new)

Cameron (cami1661) | 5 comments Dana wrote: "Cameron wrote: "Dana wrote: "NOTICE: If you're not already in a group story, and would like to be - or if you are in a story but really want to be in another one - send me a PM so that I know how m..."

ok