SWAP refugees discussion

MEETING KSJB

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Donna (new)

Donna (goodredscomuser_vienna) I am going to meet, for the first time, Karen Sue Jones Beck and her hubby Joe tomorrow for lunch!!!!!!! So excited!

message 2: by Lori (new)

Lori (alenya) | 41 comments Have fun! It's so nice to get to meet someone you've clicked with online, finally! :)
Karen and hubby are both good folks! So happy for all of you!

message 3: by Donna (new)

Donna (goodredscomuser_vienna) Yes Lori, we had a great time!

message 4: by Craftnut (new)

Craftnut It is fun!! We had a very nice lunch with Lori and her hubby when DH and I were in Houston. Oh, my, that has been four years ago! Still remember it like it was last summer!!

message 5: by Lori (new)

Lori (alenya) | 41 comments It can't possibly be four years...can it? Good grief! Time flies whether you're having fun or not! :)
Good times, and fun to remember. I'm so glad many of us can still keep in touch online!

message 6: by Karen (new)

Karen Beck (ksjcbeck) | 80 comments Mod
So, 'Carol-with-an-E'....
Wanna make a road trip and meet us all at Wendy's in NOLA?

message 7: by Craftnut (new)

Craftnut Sounds like fun, is there a big bookstore there? Last time I was in NO, I had five hurricanes in one long night, still remember staggering down Bourbon St with three other friends looking for a cab to get back to the hotel at 4 in the morning. Then had to stand on a show floor the next day in the convention center trying not to look hungover!! I'm too old for that now.

message 8: by Donna (new)

Donna (goodredscomuser_vienna) Sounds like you had a great time. I don't party like that anymore. My daughter and I went a few years ago and had a wonderful time without drinking! It was hilarious to watch the other drunks young and old alike making fools of themselves!

message 9: by Donna (new)

Donna (goodredscomuser_vienna) Wendy will be able to tell you more about the bookstores. I did go to the garden district store, it's famous

message 10: by Donna (new)

Donna (goodredscomuser_vienna) Duh. Garden district bookstore

message 11: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (fuzzarilly) | 99 comments I can't believe what a dizzy blonde I really am, I just noticed all the chats that are under our Swap refugees group. So if anyone was wondering why I wasn't responding to the conversations on here it is not because I'm stuck up or a mean girl. LOL I'm just a little lost. Now that I just let everyone know how long it took me to figure out how to really get around goodreads I want everyone to know that I can't wait to have you all come for a visit in New Orleans and I promise no one will get lost while they are with me. hahaha. I'm truly looking forward to meeting everyone.

message 12: by Donna (new)

Donna (goodredscomuser_vienna) Glad you're okay... Mean Girl? No Way! Donna

message 13: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (fuzzarilly) | 99 comments Thanks Donna, you mentioned the Garden District Bookstore and it has been in New Orleans for as long as I can remember. When Anne Rice was promoting her vampire books back in the 80's and the 90's she would show up at the book signing in a coffin. LOL. New Orleans really is a fun and unique city. I don't work and I'm always available so whenever you girls can get together I'm so ready to entertain and meet everyone. :-)

message 14: by Craftnut (new)

Craftnut Oh, Wendy, I am so sorry, I misunderstood this thread. I don't know why I thought it was just a "it would be fun to..." kind of thing, not a real trip. I am not going to be able to travel to NO.

message 15: by Karen (new)

Carole, it's a dream trip we'd like to make.

Hopefully someday.....

message 16: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (fuzzarilly) | 99 comments Carole, I understand about not being able to get away but if you ever find yourself in or close to Louisiana or New Orleans you will always be welcome. We never know what can happen in the future.
Anyone of my good reads friends are welcome to get in touch with me if they are ever in my part of town.
I do hope that a trip can be planned for all of my reading girlfriends to come vacation and visit one day. I would love to meet everyone. Especially my angel friend Karen Beck who brought me together with all you wonderful women.

message 17: by Driscoll (last edited Mar 10, 2014 08:28PM) (new)

Driscoll  (Joe & Jerry) | 15 comments Angel? HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa! Really? HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa! :P

message 18: by Karen (new)

Driscoll wrote: "Angel? HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa! Really? HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa! :P"

TASS!!!

message 19: by Driscoll (new)

Driscoll  (Joe & Jerry) | 15 comments Yup! Dat be me! Hi Karen....how's it goin'? How's the weather down there in the land of cotton?

message 20: by Karen (new)

61° this morning!

I'm just counting the days til 31 July...RETIREMENT DAY!!!

message 21: by Driscoll (last edited Mar 15, 2014 06:39PM) (new)

Driscoll  (Joe & Jerry) | 15 comments 61? Holy Heatwave, Batman! We've been wakin' up to temps in the singles & teens here in Penn's Woods...with daytime highs in the 20's...low 30's on a few rare occasions......snowiest February in local weather history. I shouldn't complain too much though....I could be in Chicago....or Ohio. BTW....congrats on your upcoming retirement. So how ya gonna spend all that free time?....reading novels & posting in chat forums online?

message 22: by Donna (new)

Donna (goodredscomuser_vienna) Retirement? Wow! Time to write that book. Miss ya!

message 23: by Karen (new)

Write, HELL!!!
Now maybe I'll have time to read my thousand books in my book room!

message 24: by Donna (new)

Donna (goodredscomuser_vienna) You must be so excited! I'm sure Joe i s too. I see many travels in your future!

message 25: by Karen (new)

Yeah, maybe back to NYC!

message 26: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (fuzzarilly) | 99 comments I've been to New York city when I was a teenager but I would love to go back. Maybe a trip to New York sometime to meet. I could do it if we plan ahead of time. I'm willing to plan a vacation to go ANYWHERE! LOL

message 27: by Donna (new)

Donna (goodredscomuser_vienna) I'd love to see you again. I so enjoyed our dinner at Cafe Bello and to hear you speaka the Italiano! You're a friend that I feel as if we've known each other forever! daf

message 28: by Donna (new)

Donna (goodredscomuser_vienna) Wendy wrote: "I've been to New York city when I was a teenager but I would love to go back. Maybe a trip to New York sometime to meet. I could do it if we plan ahead of time. I'm willing to plan a vacation to go..."
I'll be here waiting!

message 29: by Karen (new)

I wish we had a 'like' button for comments!