What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. English novel about a group of friends, kind of funny

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Artkunk (last edited Nov 24, 2013 02:13PM) (new)

Artkunk So here's what I remember about this -- it was set in England and was about a group of friends, some of whom were married. One of them had started acting weird, and the ringleader of the friends wanted to take a serious stand against her because that's how evil starts. I think she even compares this friend to Saddam Hussein... like she says that maybe if Saddam's friends had stood up against him showing up to events late, he wouldn't have turned out to be so evil. At the same time, the "crazy" friend starts harassing another character, trying to steal his office, and says that if he doesn't do what she says she'll tell everyone he molested her. He's obviously having a hard time dealing with this. Meanwhile, his wife or girlfriend (maybe named Natalie?) has gotten into a car accident with someone who she nicknames "Red Tooth" and is trying to keep from paying her what she's owed, mostly to be a jerk.

Despite all these horrible people, this is a comedy! I read it a couple of years ago and I remember it being modern-ish... like it was definitely set in the 80s through early aughts. Also I think the cover was cream and kind of minimalist.

Thank you!!! I keep trying to google "red tooth" plus "natalie" but so far that hasn't been helpful at ALL.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35167 comments Mod
What do you mean by "steal his office"?
How old are these friends?
Did they live in a big city like London?

message 3: by Artkunk (new)

Artkunk The friends are maybe mid thirties to early forties. They're definitely supposed to be established in their lives and careers.

She steals his office by basically moving all of her things in and refusing to leave when he asks her to. When he wants to get the administration involved, she threatens to claim he's sexually harassing her.

message 4: by Artkunk (new)

Artkunk Sexually harassing, molesting... I can't remember exactly, just that it was really bad.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39315 comments Mod
Artkunk has left the group. Moving to Abandoned.