South Shore Readers discussion

The Woman in White
This topic is about The Woman in White
Book Clubs- Past > Discussion: The Woman in White

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jessica Haider (jessicahaider) | 1107 comments Mod
Our January 2014 book is the classic novel The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins.

You can join us in person in Hingham the last weekend of January or you can just discuss the book here in this topic. You can RSVP for the January 26th meeting here: https://www.goodreads.com/event/show/...

Here's a link to a reader's guide with discussion questions from two different publishers: http://www.litlovers.com/reading-guid...

I started this book in the wee hours of the morning today when I couldn't sleep.

I feel like its been forever since I've read a classic novel. Somehow it seems like the right sort of book for this weather..something a little hefty to cozy up with.

Joanie | 492 comments Mod
I totally agree! Despite it's size it's a much easier read than our previous 2 January reads

I have a little over 150 pages to go in the edition of the book that I am reading. I am towards the start of Part II (Walter Hartright's 2nd narrative). There are lots of twists and turns in this novel!

Now, will I finish the book first or have this baby first?!?!

Joanie | 492 comments Mod
Did anyone watch the new episodes of "Girls" this weekend? In the scene where Jessa is in the older guy's room in the rehab he is reading "The Woman in White!"

I have it on the DVR but haven't watched it yet.

I finished the book today!! good thing, since it is 1 day overdue at the library and I can't renew it. ;)

I will not be at book club tomorrow but i have a reservation under my name. Have fun!!