Horror Aficionados discussion

Endless Night
This topic is about Endless Night
Buddy Reads > Endless Night by Richard Laymon

Comments Showing 1-50 of 89 (89 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Addy | 4989 comments So far its Addy, Adam, and Angie (lots of A's here)
Read at your own pace and use spoiler tags when needed.

Adam Light (goodreadscomadamlight) | 964 comments Addy, please show me how to use tags again.

Addy | 4989 comments I'm horrible at explaining it. I'll write you a pm.

Adam Light (goodreadscomadamlight) | 964 comments (view spoiler)

Adam Light (goodreadscomadamlight) | 964 comments Okay. Just testing. You aren't horrible at all. It worked just fine. Thanks, Addy. I wrote that down in my handy dandy notebook so I don't have to ask again.

Adam Light (goodreadscomadamlight) | 964 comments On page 22.

Kate | 3519 comments I'd like to join. :)

Adam Light (goodreadscomadamlight) | 964 comments Awesome, Kate! Welcome. I just passed page 53 and can't put this one down. I am pretty sure I had some writing to do this evening, but I got swept away by this book. Strongest Laymon opening I've read yet.

Addy | 4989 comments Nice to have you Kate! Still haven't started but I'm very eager to. Too many books, so little time!!

message 10: by Adam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Adam Light (goodreadscomadamlight) | 964 comments Made it to part 2, Simon Says. Page 73. This book is such a big change from Resurrection Dreams already. This one seems much more serious in tone. Not to mention it is action-packed. (view spoiler)

message 11: by Andy (new) - added it

Andy (manicsloth) | 730 comments I wish this group had started too days ago when Iw as choosing to read either this or . I'll join in if I can finish Blood Games soon (another A) Blood Games by Richard Laymon

So far, Blood Games is like a mix between Friday the 13th and Porky's, what's not to love.

message 12: by Adam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Adam Light (goodreadscomadamlight) | 964 comments Andrew wrote: "I wish this group had started too days ago when Iw as choosing to read either this or . I'll join in if I can finish Blood Games soon (another A)Blood Games by Richard Laymon

So far, Blood Games..."

I have that one, too, Andrew. I will get to it soon enough.

message 13: by Addy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Andrew (A), must be destiny...lol. You must have gotten the memo. Blood Games sounds like a bloody good time! Hope you can join us!

message 14: by Adam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Adam Light (goodreadscomadamlight) | 964 comments Too bad we didn't get that other "A" huh, Addy? Haha!

Jacen | 4 comments :O people are reading laymon how did I miss it, count me in I'll grab it off the shelf and jump in with you guys if re-reads are ok.

message 16: by Kate (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kate | 3519 comments I'm doing a re-read as well, Jacen. :)
Just finished part one, all I can say is that was one heart stopping start.

message 17: by Addy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Addy | 4989 comments I read one short story last night and was out. I meant to do more reading...hoping to start this on the way to cinn city:)

message 18: by Adam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Adam Light (goodreadscomadamlight) | 964 comments I'm on page 110. Slowing down due to having to work. Bummer.

Jacob Rayne | 85 comments Adam wrote: "I'm on page 110. Slowing down due to having to work. Bummer."

Good un, ain't it?

message 20: by Adam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Adam Light (goodreadscomadamlight) | 964 comments So far it's a ripping good one, Jacob.

Angie | 141 comments So Endless Night, I've read this but it's so good, I'm just starting, and its a fantastic start for the book isn't it

message 22: by Adam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Adam Light (goodreadscomadamlight) | 964 comments I seldom read over one hundred pages in a couple of hours. That is a sure sign the book is set at a furious pace. I am now starting part 3: Witness Protection. Well have to put it down, quality daddy time and back to reading later!

Angie | 141 comments I remember having to do the kid stuff:) all mine came round on Sunday and I cooked for everyone and I had a great time! Have fun with your kids Adam:-)

message 24: by Addy (last edited Nov 25, 2013 08:11PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Not far but I don't think I'll be able to put this down for a while. I definitely feel The Traveling Vampire Show vibe in this book and it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling:) Loved that one as well!

message 25: by Addy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Addy | 4989 comments 7% Dang! I don't know if I want to know what was going on in that room...creeps me out just thinking about it!

message 26: by Adam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Adam Light (goodreadscomadamlight) | 964 comments I'm always doing laundry. Seems as I read through the Laymon library he must have been likewise. burdened. He sure wrote about it a lot!

message 27: by Addy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Addy | 4989 comments 9% (view spoiler)

message 28: by Adam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Adam Light (goodreadscomadamlight) | 964 comments I know what you mean, Addy. I haven't seen a copy of Quake anywhere. I might have to buy the Kindle version eventually. It is considered by many - along with this one - to be his best work. This one is a blast so far. Can't wait until you get to part 2. I'm waiting for you to catch up to part 3 and then I'll get back to it. I'll read Summer Of Night for awhile. That'll work. Yeah, that's the ticket!

message 29: by Addy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Addy | 4989 comments No! You mustn't! I haven't started that one yet! j/k:)

message 30: by Adam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Adam Light (goodreadscomadamlight) | 964 comments That one is a much slower paced read for me. I am only about 50 pages in. It is creepy.

Angie | 141 comments Quake is so good, my brother gave it me a couple of years ago and this one is as good as that. I've got to have a go at the spoilers, I was just about to but my cat decided she wanted feeding, going out, coming back in,,,,
It's only 6 am.

message 33: by Angie (last edited Nov 25, 2013 11:04PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angie | 141 comments So Simon then , what a freak (view spoiler)

My copy of the Dan Simmons book should be here in a bit, fingers crossed. I went to to part two of the hunger games yesterday and slept through the last hour of it!Lol. They should of showed the rebelion, not just focused on the arena! The film was a bit long at two and a half hours

message 34: by Addy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Part 2!! This is going fast!

message 35: by Adam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Adam Light (goodreadscomadamlight) | 964 comments Simon is one twisted SOB (view spoiler)

Angie | 141 comments Yeah, the tapes as well, the things they did together (view spoiler)

message 37: by Addy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Addy | 4989 comments 22% and gotta charge the kindle. Yes, Simon is a very disturbed man. The whole time I'm reading about the things this group has done, I couldn't help but think of the 14 yr old boy who killed his teacher and all the nonsensical violence going on. This certainly ain't far from the truth. Yikes!

Angie | 141 comments It's certainly disturbing, and that these guys have been doing this for so long! I'm up to 30%, so I'll read a bit more of the D.S. book.

message 39: by Adam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Adam Light (goodreadscomadamlight) | 964 comments I am up to 200 and have to say this is Laymon in his prime. I see why it is a fan favorite. Brutal is an understatement.

message 40: by Addy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Made it to part 3. Very brutal. Definitely ready to hear jody's side.

message 41: by Mehmet (new)

Mehmet | 1217 comments I read this way back in 2005. Remember enjoying it although my memory of what happens is very hazy

message 42: by Adam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Adam Light (goodreadscomadamlight) | 964 comments I hit a slow patch on this one where Laymon packs a lot of silly filler, sort of like in Body Rides during the middle, so I am back to Summer Of Night.

message 43: by Mehmet (new)

Mehmet | 1217 comments you are so right Adam Laymon did have a tendency to have silly side stories which sometimes annoy me so much. Me and my bro would often laugh about them parts are you can almost find them in all his books. Body rides had the worse i believe.

Angie | 141 comments So,...where's everybody up to?

message 45: by Adam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Adam Light (goodreadscomadamlight) | 964 comments I am halfway through this one. I had to stay on Summer Of Night for the time being. I will finish this one soon, though. What about you?

message 46: by Addy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Addy | 4989 comments I'm about 50%

message 47: by Kate (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kate | 3519 comments I'm still at about 25%. I hang my head in shame. Been trying to get a few other reads finished.

Angie | 141 comments I'm about half way through, summer of night took up my time , but with this I'm not sure about the relationship between Andy and Jody, I understand they have a bond now but I don't think she'd be kissing him!! I like Jodys dad though.

message 49: by Addy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Ugh! Feeling nauseous. What did you guys think of Simon's history? Too much, but I'll stick to it. Just hope Jody gets them good!

message 50: by Adam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Adam Light (goodreadscomadamlight) | 964 comments It is pretty gross.

« previous 1