Kenyons Minions discussion

Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4)
This topic is about Kiss of the Night
Kiss of the Night BOTM

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carlena, Pumpkin Pie/Care Bear (new) - rated it 5 stars

Carlena | 1753 comments What do you get when you have an immortal Viking warrior no one can remember five minutes after he leaves their presence, and a demon on the run for her life who is being pursued by one seriously pissed-off demigod?

That would be my life.

It started out simple enough. One night I went to save a woman in trouble. The next thing I knew, the doorway to hell had opened and out stepped Daimons- soul-sucking vampires the likes of which I’d never seen before. Led by the son of Apollo, they are out to end the curse that has banished them all to darkness. The only problem with that is they have to kill Cassandra Peters to do it and if she dies, so dies the sun, the earth and all who dwell here. Life’s just a bowl full of cherries, ain’t it?

Brought together by fate, it’s now my job to protect a daughter of the very race I have been hunting for centuries. Neither of us dares to trust the other. But if we don’t find a way to overcome our differences and to bridge thousands of years of animosity, we won’t die alone. We’ll take the entire world with us.

Wulf Tryggvasen

message 2: by Carlena, Pumpkin Pie/Care Bear (new) - rated it 5 stars

Carlena | 1753 comments Some general questions to help incite discussion. Feel free to answer as many as you'd like.

•Did you enjoy the book? Why? Why not?

•Did you feel that the book fulfilled your expectations? Were you disappointed?

•What did you think of the characters? Could you relate to them or no?
- Who were your favorite characters?
- Who were your least favorite characters?

message 3: by Carlena, Pumpkin Pie/Care Bear (new) - rated it 5 stars

Carlena | 1753 comments Thread closed until December 1st, 2013

message 4: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 119 comments Hi, may I be cheeky and start?
I enjoyed the book and liked the characters more than I thought I would. Wulf certainly got the worst "gift" from Artemis and a nice twist to the story. It was kinda cute how he interacted with Chris, though I can understand that Chris was less then impressed with it himself :) Cassandra was the character that made me not want to read the book at the beginning, but travelling with her through the story I really liked her. She is strong and determined and I felt for her, more than I thought I would. All in all I really liked this book and certainly was way way better than I thought it would be. Whether I could relate with the characters - definitely. I mean we all probably have met at some point an older person to whom we had to repeat things because they forget or they tell you the same story a dozend times - there is often a lot of indulgence involved because we care for the person. How bad must it be to have this with everyone, and not just that they forget what you told them but that you even exist. I certainly can understand to some degree how desperate Wulf must be to hold on to the one that makes him feel normal, cared for, important, memorable.
The only thing that confused me and dulled the enjoyment a bit was that I still can't quite understand why they are so hot for Cassandra. I mean I understand her link to Apollo, but how can she be the last of Apollo's direct descendent, when there is Stryker (and his children) - Apollo's son. It doesn't really get any closer to Apollo's blood than that, so wouldn't Stryker have to kill himself and his family, too in order to get rid of Apollo?

message 5: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5275 comments To answer that last question for you Nicole, its because Cassandra is the only Apollite left from Apollo's descendants. Stryker and his family are all Daimons.

As for the story, the only thing I found interesting was getting to know the different kind of appolites and daimons. I mean from previous books, I just thought all daimons were evil and that the apollites had it bad. From a dark hunters stand point, you dont want to feel sympathetic towards them but I did especially when Wulf and Cassandra met the appollites in that hidden city. It was so heartbreaking.

And my favorite thing about the book....Urian :-)
I found him interesting and I loved that he tried being good for Pheobe but I still had reservations of course because he was fighting Dark Hunters for over 11,000 years.

message 6: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new) - rated it 2 stars

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments I concur with everything you said Shari. I was not really having high hopes for this book too much. I mean it being a book over the much hated Apollites/Daimons. I soooo didn't want to feel any compassion towards one of them. Add to that, Wulf being as good of friends with Talon(whom I mildly like in part cause of his past and Sunshine), whom I found partially boring, I sorta expected Wulf to be the same. And in a way he totally was to me. Aside from the fact that peeps constantly forget him, I found him a bit of a snoozer. But as the story progressed he semi grew on me as more of Cassandra's history expanded.

As for fulfilling my expectations. I didn't really have that many going in. So was just pleasantly surprised overall when it finally wrapped up. I also didn't find I could relate too much to any of the characters really. Was just another book in the series.

Favorite characters was Katra right off the bat. I mean height alone was like holy shit. This is a chick to watch out for. Then it was Cassandra's dad first then Cassandra herself and her sister that grew on me the most. And after a time in the hidden city Urian did as well. Took me a while cause Urian was big time Stryker's mini me going on when they were facing off against the other DH's that he really annoyed me something fierce.

Least favorite would have to be Chris. And that is not just because I like Nick so well. But truly Chris in his own right is kind of the truly pampered squire kid that did more whining than much else in this book. So was rather pleased when he wasn't around as much.