I'm Definitely a Madman With a Box discussion

Episodes > The Day of the Doctor

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth *Book Lover*, Main Mod (new)

Elizabeth *Book Lover* | 1835 comments Mod
What did you think of the 50th anniversary special? Talk about it here!

message 2: by Bekah (new)

Bekah (bekah_butterfly) It was amazing! I love Steven Moffat as a writer, and it was a really good episode.
The Doctor finally got to save the people of Gallifrey, something he always wished he could do, and it had THREE DOCTORS!
Plus the one at the end.

message 3: by Sylvian (last edited Nov 24, 2013 03:38PM) (new)

Sylvian (gothic_cantankard) | 70 comments Well, I think we all got what we wanted, even Tom Baker!!!!
I managed to predict that Gallifrey wasn't all lost and The War Doctor turns into the Ninth (tenth...?) Doctor.
Everything else was just a huge exciting shock to me, it was honestly gobsmacking.

message 4: by Elizabeth *Book Lover*, Main Mod (new)

Wow, you predicted that? Good job. My theory was right about John Hurt being the Doctor that fought in the Time War.

message 5: by Sylvian (new)

Sylvian (gothic_cantankard) | 70 comments I totally never realised Tom Baker was going to make an appearance. That completely threw me.

message 6: by Elizabeth *Book Lover*, Main Mod (new)

:) I know right?!

message 7: by Tiffani (new)

Tiffani (tiffanipassportbooks) It was funny, thought provoking, plus it had Tom Baker. Very well done. Can't wait to watch it again.

message 8: by Sylvian (new)

Sylvian (gothic_cantankard) | 70 comments Agreed! Also, what were people opinions of 'all thirteen Doctors'?

message 9: by John (new)

John *BookLover* | 1301 comments It was good that they used the real Tom baker instead of a edit like the others

message 10: by Kerry (new)

Kerry | 684 comments Mod
Yeah I agree that was impressive probably my favorite part

message 11: by Elizabeth *Book Lover*, Main Mod (new)

Same here.

message 12: by Elizabeth *Book Lover*, Main Mod (new)

My dad pointed out something after watching this episode. So "Rose" was the interface for the Moment meaning the Doctor would remember this. And in the episode Rose, the Doctor keeps coming back for her when he could just leave her to go on with her life.

message 13: by John (new)

John *BookLover* | 1301 comments And rose takes place right after the day of the doctor because John hurt regenerates and in Rose the ninth doctor was looking in the mirror surprised what he looked like

message 14: by Elizabeth *Book Lover*, Main Mod (new)

Yeah! And he found everything out early, the interface tells him "Rose Tyler" and "Bad Wolf" meaning he can only take her with him. I love how Doctor Who fits all together like it was all planned out.

message 15: by Sylvian (new)

Sylvian (gothic_cantankard) | 70 comments Maybe it was :-)

message 16: by Elizabeth *Book Lover*, Main Mod (new)

I doubt it though, that's a lot of work.

message 17: by Sylvian (new)

Sylvian (gothic_cantankard) | 70 comments Well, it was a fine set up regardless.

message 18: by Jack™ (new)

Jack™ | 83 comments I LOVED IT!!!!

message 19: by John (new)

John *BookLover* | 1301 comments IKR in Rose he was like " oh look at my ears

yojharobed || I have no sword. I don't need a sword. Because I am the Doctor and this is my spoon. En garde! (yojharobed) | 64 comments Ohmypreciousbowtie! IT WAS WONDERFUL. SOOOOOO amazing!!!! It was just....BEAUTIFUL!! I almost cried at the perfection. The three doctors, Ten and Eleven together, IT WAS FREAKING AMAZING!!!!

*end fangirl rant*

It was actually kinda funny, cause I went to the theater with my brother and sister, who have seen some of it, and with two other friends, who had never seen any of it, they were just watching it for fun!! They were soooo confused! XD

message 21: by Jack™ (new)

Jack™ | 83 comments the scene with the three TARDISes and doctors drinking tea... cant get any more british than that.

message 22: by Sylvian (new)

Sylvian (gothic_cantankard) | 70 comments That scene at the end, with the twelve Doctors looking up at Gallifrey. Beautiful :')

message 23: by Kerry (new)

Kerry | 684 comments Mod
Yea that was cool

message 24: by John (new)

John *BookLover* | 1301 comments Oh yeah I loved that

message 25: by Elizabeth *Book Lover*, Main Mod (new)

Same.

yojharobed || I have no sword. I don't need a sword. Because I am the Doctor and this is my spoon. En garde! (yojharobed) | 64 comments Yeah, it was lovely. Even though most of the Doctors were CG...

yojharobed || I have no sword. I don't need a sword. Because I am the Doctor and this is my spoon. En garde! (yojharobed) | 64 comments And when Tom Baker came in, and was talking to Matt, was amazing!!