Bookworm Buddies discussion

Buddy Reads > Allegiant by Veronica Roth-11/25/13

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Victor (new)

Victor Alondra and I will be reading Allegiant by Veronica Roth tomorrow so if anyone wants to join in the read or discuss feel free to:)
NO SPOILERS!!!!!

message 2: by Jan (new)

Jan | 4 comments Hi. I just joined, my name is Jan. I just picked Allegiant up at the library and would love to have some people to discuss it with. How much time are you planning for reading it? I'm a fairly fast reader, but I ask because I'm still getting through 2 books I need to read for a YA book group on Tuesday and another book for a book group the following Tuesday. After that I have lots of time to get Allegiant read.

message 3: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Miller Jan wrote: "Hi. I just joined, my name is Jan. I just picked Allegiant up at the library and would love to have some people to discuss it with. How much time are you planning for reading it? I'm a fairly fast ..."

i read pretty fast; but can hold out for about 2 weeks. i usually will participate in the reading if i finish first. giving thoughts and asking questions like always.

welcome to the group

message 4: by Jan (new)

Jan | 4 comments Great! I will be ready to start reading by next Monday Dec 2nd at the latest. I've never done this online before. How does this work? Do we decide on how many chapters to read at a time and then post our thoughts as we go?

message 5: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Miller most of the time everyone is just reading and asking questions of each other.

i will probably post questions after a few chapters to see what all of our thoughts were, how did we feel about a characters action and so forth. Just make sure you mark your spoilers.

< spoiler > Text here < / spoiler >

message 6: by Jan (new)

Jan | 4 comments Got it! Thanks

message 7: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kcanty313) | 4025 comments I wish I had read the first two so I can join you guys. However, Janie and I plan on reading these soon. :)

message 8: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

Janie Johnson | 14082 comments Mod
I have Divergent! I am definitely reading this next year! No doubt about it.

message 9: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (veraj121) | 2622 comments Enjoy. I would love to see how everyone's comments

message 10: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Miller I am only on pg. 42; after starting late on Tuesday. Evelyn is so suspect. (view spoiler)

message 11: by Victor (new)

Victor I don't like Evelyn. I liked her in Insurgent but she more aggravating than Jeanine!

message 12: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Miller Victor wrote: "I don't like Evelyn. I liked her in Insurgent but she more aggravating than Jeanine!"

i know, i thought she was a good guy.... Four needs to let her go.

message 13: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (veraj121) | 2622 comments There is reason why Evelyn doesnt want them to leave.

message 14: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Miller Veronica wrote: "There is reason why Evelyn doesnt want them to leave."

oh, i just bet! i can almost 'see' her wheels turning as she is talking to her son. you would think family meant something to these people... ugh

message 15: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (veraj121) | 2622 comments Exactly. You are going to say to yourself wth

message 16: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Miller Synopsis:

One choice will define you.

What if your whole world was a lie?
What if a single revelation—like a single choice—changed everything?
What if love and loyalty made you do things you never expected?

The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered—fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she’s known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories.

**I got this from another group; great idea!!**

message 17: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Miller My answers..

Answer 1: It would be devastating. It would be like someone cheating. Everything they say from the start of the lie is just that... a lie. How could you trust anything else?

Answer 2: I would have to go with it, and survive. Now wouldn't be the time to breakdown or get complacent.

Answer 3: It has; sometimes with unexpected results...

message 18: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Miller WTF!?? (view spoiler)

the answers and explanations given by all of these people in charge, is ticking me off. adults are really put in a bad light with these YA dystopian novels. we screw the world up, then use the kids to fix it...a la; Enders Game, the Maze Runner, etc.

message 19: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Miller More Discussion questions to think about??

Armegeddon has happened, so; Factions, Yes or No??

What is your reasoning for your answer??

What are your feelings about the relationship between Tris and Four?? Was there progression, stagnation, or could you care less?

Is there any part (so far in your reading) that just doesn't make sense??

If you are done; what about that ending???

message 20: by Victor (new)

Victor No factions!!! Belonging to a faction means you are a damaged human being.

I like the relationship between Tris and Tobias.

I'm a little worried that this Bureau compound everyone is at isn't that good!

message 21: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (veraj121) | 2622 comments How did you like the ending? Did anyone expect it?

message 22: by Jan (new)

Jan | 4 comments Veronica wrote: "How did you like the ending? Did anyone expect it?"

I wasn't expecting it, but I wasn't surprised by it either. I agree with others that have posted comments on other sites that it is not the best book of the trilogy, but I didn't hate it, I actually thought it was well done. I don't want to say any more without giving the ending away to those who haven't finished. Can someone tell me how to do one of those "view spoiler" things so I can hide spoiler comments.

message 23: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Miller Victor wrote: "No factions!!! Belonging to a faction means you are a damaged human being.

I like the relationship between Tris and Tobias.

I'm a little worried that this Bureau compound everyone is at isn't t..."

Anytime you hang with a government entity; there is a control factor. As soon as they walked into the compound, they should have known better.

Veronica wrote: "How did you like the ending? Did anyone expect it?"

(view spoiler)