The Club Dumas The Club Dumas discussion

So.... (spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Red (new) - rated it 4 stars

Red Heaven This post may contain spoilers if you haven't read the book.

So...is the girl the Whore of Babylon, as in the movie? It seems as though having sex with her in the book is just an aside, and not a crucial part of the ritual, as in the movie? Score one for the movie.

I don't quite understand naming the book The Club Dumas and then only introducing the club when the book is almost over, and dispensing with it within about 20 pages. The way the Anjou storyline just petered out was frustrating.

Stephen Welch Is she the "Whore of Babylon" in the movie? I don't recall that. In any case, that's not who she is in the book. If you have the First Vintage Int'l Edition, April '98 paperback (same cover as shown in the thumbnail above), clues are: last paragraph on p. 203, and pp 340-344,

message 3: by Red (new) - rated it 4 stars

Red Heaven Pretty sure that was indicated in the movie but it's been a while since I saw it.

LucasCorso Red wrote: "This post may contain spoilers if you haven't read the book.

So...is the girl the Whore of Babylon, as in the movie? It seems as though having sex with her in the book is just an aside, and not a ..."

She is the "devil" that Corso deserves. Presented as a fallen angel. Of course, one of the tricks of the book is that she's made up by Boris Balkan in writing the story.

Luis Andrade M LucasCorso wrote: "Red wrote: "This post may contain spoilers if you haven't read the book.

So...is the girl the Whore of Babylon, as in the movie? It seems as though having sex with her in the book is just an aside..."

I think so... Is the Corso's Devil...

Stephen Welch She's Lucifer, isn't she? As I recall, in the book there are references to the ancient rebellion against a tyrannical God.

The Whore of Babylon figures with the Antichrist and the Beast of the book of Revelations, I believe. Myself, I didn't interpret either the book or the movie pointing in that particular direction ...

Luis Andrade M Yes... It could be.