Divergent (Divergent, #1) Divergent discussion

Book to Movie Adaptations?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Saf -- Do you agree with books constantly being turned into movies?

Here's my view!: http://originalbooker.blogspot.co.uk/...

Veronica hate it when hollywood targets good books for their destruction. are they out of story? what is wrong with creative and original script?
the books were a hit because of their uniqueness and the movies based on them suck because it is pointless.
bad graphics, wrong actors, deviation from real story and finally YA fantasy-books are not meant for movies.

Kristen For decades, books have been turned into movies. It's not a new trend. And I think they can be done well, but alot of times they aren't. Or at least, they're not up to the standard of the book.
Alot of that I think has to do with the reader. Your imagination is going to be better than any movie they could produce. So in a way, you're responsible for the fact that you don't like the movie - because you've built it up in your mind, and the movie adaptation falls short.

And sometimes a movie is genuinely bad due to writing and production or acting. As was the case with Twilight.
Honestly, if they'd known how huge Twilight was going to be, they would have given it a bigger budget and had a different director. Which would have set an entirely different tone for the series. They could probably redo them right now and have them turn out a million times better.

Personally, I like movie adaptations. Provided they're done well. I like seeing the stories I love brought to life. Like the Hunger Games and Catching Fire. Those were awesome :)
You just have to go in, knowing that there are going to be some changes. The important thing is that they stick to the plot and get the right feel of it.

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 24, 2013 06:22PM) (new)

Not necessarily true, there are many movies that are based on books:

Forrest Gump, The Godfather, Fight Club, The Princess Bride, The Shawshank Redemption, Jurassic Park, A Clockwork Orange, The Devil Wears Prada, The Witches of Eastwick, The Notebook, The Silence of the Lambs, The Broune Series, James Bond, Broke-Back Mountain, The Never Ending Story, The Jungle Book, Tarzan, Gone with the Wind, Planet of the Apes, The Green Mile, The One who Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest, Jaws, Howl's Moving Castle...

I can go on if you like...

Madi O.S I like seeing the movie after I read a good book but I has to be good or it ruins it. I am excited for divergent to be a movie I just hope it isn't bad or it will ruin the series.