The Fifty Shades of Grey Phenomena The Fifty Shades of Grey Phenomena question

You Need To Look To Have A View
Chloe Thurlow Chloe Nov 24, 2013 11:01AM
Vishous on my book "The Fifty Shades of Grey Phenomena" has received 12 approving LIKES for his comment:

seriously?!

do i even need to write the reasons why i won't be reading this? The Fifty Shades of Grey Phenomena by Chloe Thurlow

I'd say yes, Vishous, you do. I am biased, as the author, but believe you have glanced at the title without appreciating the fact that the book is a writing guide neither condemning nor praising the EL James best-seller. Vishous, you could use the 166 page book because any tip, any guide, any insight, any insider piece of knowledge is useful for writers, whatever their genre, and you really cannot begin to condemn a book without so much as opening the cover.

I'd like to add that I am not being a bad sport. My favorite review on Amazon for one of my books scores one-star and runs: "I didn't order this book but another book and this one came in its place. There must have been a mix up." Inane, of course, but amusing, and I hope the disappointed consumer at least glanced through the pages.

This is a discussion and here is the point: if you are a writer, you are my brother, sister, my child, my breath. Let us love each other. If you do not like my books and say so, I shall respect it. If you love them, write a starry review. If you have not read them, the polite thing is to say nothing at all because you cannot have a view if you have not taken a look.

13 Likes (by now) for a "review" that says I won't read this?
For a site made for readers, this is a pretty sad statement to like.