Pamela Clare ~ Fan Group discussion

Upon a Winter's Night (MacKinnon's Rangers, #3.5)
This topic is about Upon a Winter's Night
MacKinnon's Rangers Series > Upon a Winter's Night - A MacKinnon's Rangers Christmas Novella

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (last edited Nov 24, 2013 10:29AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 1381 comments Mod
Cover Blurb:

Reunite with the MacKinnon brothers and their wives for Christmas - and a tale of love, new life, and redemption.

The war between Britain and the French is finally at an end, and the MacKinnons are looking forward to celebrating their first peacetime Christmas in five long years. While Iain and Annie have discovered that the pleasures of marriage grow deeper with time, Morgan and Amalie find themselves at bitter odds. Meanwhile, Connor and Sarah have a newborn son to cherish.

The family's preparations for the holidays are interrupted when Iain learns that Britain has not paid the Rangers for the summer's victorious campaigns. Unwilling to let men who fought under the MacKinnon name suffer deprivation at Christmastime, Iain, Morgan, and Connor leave the warmth of their frontier home for Albany. There, they find their happy Christmas, and even their freedom, at risk at the hands of a ruthless British officer who holds a grudge against them.

With the men gone, Annie, Amalie, and Sarah do their best to prepare for the festivities despite differing traditions, a raging bull - and the gnawing fear that their husbands won't make it home in time for Yule.

Events begin the day after the epilogue of Defiant ends. The story includes Joseph, Killy - and revelations about the fate of Lord William Wentworth.

Charlene (charlenev) | 42 comments I had no idea there was going to be a Christmas novella...and I love this series. Thanks for posting Dhes!

message 3: by Pamela(AllHoney), Julian, Marc, and Zach are MINE! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 817 comments Mod
Neato!!!!!

♡Karlyn P♡ (karlynp) | 39 comments Very exciting! Any idea how much this will go for? I assume somewhere between 99cents & $2.99. I wish Amazon allowed pre-orders on these self-pub books, but I'll mark my calendar instead.

message 5: by Beanbag, Gabe's babe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Beanbag Love | 298 comments Mod
And it's coming out so soon! Really exciting. Just the thing to get me in the Christmas spirit!

message 6: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new) - rated it 5 stars

It'll be $2.99, but I'm not sure when/if pre-order will be available.

Lynsey A (lovesdarcy) | 71 comments Didn't Pamela say it would be available by the 27th? If so awesome! That will be my reading material as we travel to my dad's for turkey day! :)

message 8: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yes, November 27, this Wednesday.

Lynsey A (lovesdarcy) | 71 comments Yay!!!

message 10: by Pamela(AllHoney), Julian, Marc, and Zach are MINE! (new) - rated it 5 stars

WOOHOO!!!!

message 12: by Beanbag, Gabe's babe (new) - rated it 5 stars

It's out already on Smashwords, too. Get it! Get it fast!

I have to wait until these people I live with stop pestering me to read it. I need some hot tea and a comfy chair and some peace and quiet and I'll be set. :D

Auntee | 61 comments ♡KarLynP♡ wrote: "Just saw it live on Amazon! http://www.amazon.com/Upon-Winters-Ni..."

Thanks! Just got it!:)

message 14: by Beanbag, Gabe's babe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Finished it! So good. I loved that we got the POVs of so many of the characters. It was the perfect visit with all of them.

Here's my review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

When you've finished reading it, feel free to link your reviews here. Just note if there are spoilers. ;)

Lynsey A (lovesdarcy) | 71 comments Just bought it! Thanks for the link KarLyn! :)

message 16: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (last edited Nov 26, 2013 09:26AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

♡Karlyn P♡ (karlynp) | 39 comments This was such a fun story, but it leaves me really wanting another MacKinnon book BAD. Anyone know what book is next for PC? Another ITeam, MacKinnon, or something else? Right now, really hoping Joseph's story is next.

message 17: by Beanbag, Gabe's babe (new) - rated it 5 stars

I know, right? I don't care if it's Joseph or Wentworth, they're both intriguing.

Spoiler:

I love that (view spoiler) LOL!

Lynsey A (lovesdarcy) | 71 comments I'm hoping it is a new MacKinnon books. We just had an I-Team. Although, I wouldn't complain if it was I-Team either. It is Pamela! :)

♡Karlyn P♡ (karlynp) | 39 comments I have always been the lone voice who never liked Wentworth, although I have no doubt PC could write him a worthy story that would make even me believe he's a hero. I used to wish she'd kill him off in some gruesome death, but now I am so glad she didn't!

Lynsey A (lovesdarcy) | 71 comments I never really "liked" Wentworth until the last book and how he changed based on what happened with Sarah. I know she could write a book to make him worthy of hero-hood. :)

message 21: by Beanbag, Gabe's babe (new) - rated it 5 stars

I've always seen the possibilities for Wentworth. In every book he has a moment where he goes against his upbringing and his own desires and does the right thing.

He almost lost me in Defiant, but then he stepped up, so I'm sure he'll make an amazing romantic hero when PC writes his book.

Joseph, of course, has always been a hero. rawr.

message 22: by Pamela(AllHoney), Julian, Marc, and Zach are MINE! (new) - rated it 5 stars

I confess I'm one of the anti-Wentworth gals. Did not impress me in the earlier books. But I know that Pamela Clare will make me love him. I actually liked him in this novella.

♡Karlyn P♡ (karlynp) | 39 comments After Lisa Kleypas turned her horrible character Leo into a real hero (now one of my favorites!!), I am convinced a great author could make me fall for a hero I once hated. So I have faith PC could do it too. People love a 'beauty and beast' themed romance, as well as a good redemption story, so she has a ton of possibilities with his book. Still, I want Joseph's story next!!

message 24: by Pamela(AllHoney), Julian, Marc, and Zach are MINE! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeah, I hated Leo in the first few books. Now I love him!

message 25: by Beanbag, Gabe's babe (new) - rated it 5 stars

I really wanted Leo to die in the first Hathaway book. That was one of the only disappointments to me; that he survived it. By his book I adored him.

So, yes, a great author can make a hated character a hero/heroine. But, then, I always thought Wentworth had a suppressed hero inside clamoring to get out.

message 26: by Beanbag, Gabe's babe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Enjoy it! Lots of good stuff about Wentworth. Everyone shows up, everyone's involved, it's lovely.

message 27: by Danielle The Book Huntress , MacKinnon's Ranger (new) - added it

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 176 comments Mod
Looking forward to reading this!

message 28: by Beanbag, Gabe's babe (new) - rated it 5 stars

You'll really like it, I think, Danielle!