YA Book Gang!! discussion

Archived Items > December Buddy Reads

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 3050 comments Mod
Post below if you're going to join the challenge and what books you'd like to read :)

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Here's some books I'd be willing to read

Rumors (Luxe, #2) by Anna Godbersen Envy (Luxe, #3) by Anna Godbersen Splendor (Luxe, #4) by Anna Godbersen What's Left of Me (The Hybrid Chronicles, #1) by Kat Zhang Forgotten by Cat Patrick All Our Yesterdays (All Our Yesterdays #1) by Cristin Terrill Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1) by Colleen Houck

message 3: by ☆Joycedale☆, Angel With A Shotgun (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 1543 comments Mod
I'll read forgotten with u. I'll post my list tomorrow

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Thank you :) When would you be able to read it. I think I'm booked up tikl the 20th but I'm not sure.

message 5: by Diamond (new)

Diamond (diamondnaz) | 258 comments Here are some I'd like to read:

Teardrop (Teardrop, #1) by Lauren Kate For Darkness Shows the Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #1) by Diana Peterfreund The Princess in the Opal Mask (The Opal Mask, #1) by Jenny Lundquist Storm (Elemental, #1) by Brigid Kemmerer Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1) by Charlaine Harris The Lady of the Rivers (The Cousins' War, #3) by Philippa Gregory

message 6: by ☆Joycedale☆, Angel With A Shotgun (new)

whenever you want to after that sarah

message 8: by Tara (last edited Nov 30, 2013 07:48PM) (new)

Tara | 221 comments I would like to do at least two in the month of December, and I have buddied up for 1. I have not read any of the books of the month so I think that will take up most of my time, but if anyone would like to join me for a buddy read at the end of the month... some books I would like to do are..
The Hallowed Ones (The Hallowed Ones, #1) by Laura Bickle Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2) by Alexandra Bracken Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea (Between, #1) by April Genevieve Tucholke Crave (The Clann, #1) by Melissa Darnell The Thief (The Queen's Thief, #1) by Megan Whalen Turner Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

message 9: by Holly (new)

Holly  (skizzles22hju) | 53 comments Tara wrote: "I would like to do at least two in the month of December, and I have buddied up for 1. I have not read any of the books of the month so I think that will take up most of my time, but if anyone wou..."

I would be up for reading Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea! I have it but I haven't had a chance to read it.

message 10: by Diamond (new)

Diamond (diamondnaz) | 258 comments Ooh I would join you guys in reading Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, depending upon when you decide to start it!

message 11: by Tara (new)

Tara | 221 comments That sounds great!! I was thinking the 15th or later. When is good for you guys?

message 12: by Holly (new)

Holly  (skizzles22hju) | 53 comments My semester still has two weeks to go, and I'm crazy busy for it, so that's actually a great date for me!

message 13: by Diamond (new)

Diamond (diamondnaz) | 258 comments Yeah that's perfect because I'm starting one next week. Ok yay! I'm in :)

How many days do you want to read it in? And should we make a thread or PM it?

message 14: by Tara (new)

Tara | 221 comments It would be good to start a thread, I think.
There are 30 chapters so we could do 3 chapters a day for 10 days or 5 chapters for 6 days. Any preferences?

message 15: by Holly (new)

Holly  (skizzles22hju) | 53 comments I'm cool with 5 chapters a day. But, if this book
is really good, I might not want to stop. Lol, but I can try to keep on a schedule.

message 16: by Tara (new)

Tara | 221 comments It is not a long book so that schedule should be really doable. I am the same way with books that I really enjoy. I struggle to put them down.

message 17: by Diamond (new)

Diamond (diamondnaz) | 258 comments 5 days is perfect. And yeah if it's good I will probably finish sooner ;)

Can someone create a thread sometime then And I will be ready to start on the 15th!

message 18: by Tara (new)

Tara | 221 comments I will try to make that thread now.

message 19: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia McIvers (sylviamcivers) Is anyone reading ghost stories? I have a story in the anthology "Undead of Winter" but I haven't read any of hte other stories, and I can't wait to get a copy of the book!
There's a free-giveaway offer for the beginning of December over here:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 20: by Imani (new)

Imani | 66 comments Does anyone want to read with me

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak Slammed (Slammed, #1) by Colleen Hoover
From Ashes by Molly McAdams Forgiving Lies (Forgiving Lies, #1) by Molly McAdams Horde (Razorland, #3) by Ann Aguirre The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1) by Patrick Ness Just One Year (Just One Day, #2) by Gayle Forman Resist (Breathe, #2) by Sarah Crossan

message 21: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) Anyone wanna read this with me?
Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1) by Veronica Rossi
i just started it and it's pretty good

message 22: by Sarah (new)

Imani wrote: "Does anyone want to read with me

The Book Thief by Markus ZusakSlammed (Slammed, #1) by Colleen Hoover
From Ashes by Molly McAdamsForgiving Lies (Forgiving Lies, #1) by Molly McAdamsHorde (Razorland, #3) by Ann Aguirre[bookcove..."

I'll read The Book Thief with you :) I haven't read Breathe yet to read Resist :(

message 23: by Tara (last edited Dec 08, 2013 08:09PM) (new)

Tara | 221 comments Imani wrote: "Does anyone want to read with me

From Ashes by Molly McAdamsForgiving Lies (Forgiving Lies, #1) by Molly McAdamsHorde (Razorland, #3) by Ann Aguirre[bookcove..."

I could do The Selection or From Ashes with you if you can wait until the end of the month.. maybe after the 20th.

message 24: by Imani (new)

Imani | 66 comments Sarah wrote: "Imani wrote: "Does anyone want to read with me

From Ashes by Molly McAdamsForgiving Lies (Forgiving Lies, #1) by Molly McAdams[bookcover:Horde|1059..."

Can you start it soon ?

message 25: by Imani (new)

Imani | 66 comments Tara wrote: "Imani wrote: "Does anyone want to read with me

From Ashes by Molly McAdamsForgiving Lies (Forgiving Lies, #1) by Molly McAdams[bookcover:Horde|1059..."

We can read From Ashes , the end of the month is fine

message 26: by Sarah (new)

Imani wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Imani wrote: "Does anyone want to read with me

From Ashes by Molly McAdamsForgiving Lies (Forgiving Lies, #1) by Molly McAdams[bookco..."

When abouts? I just bought the book :)

message 27: by Imani (new)

Imani | 66 comments Well I got my copy from the library a few days ago , so whenever you want to start is fine

message 28: by Sarah (new)

Friday?? Would that be ok? I'm trying to finish off 4 books at the moment and I have another buddy reads starting tomorrow.

message 29: by Tara (new)

Tara | 221 comments Imani wrote: "Tara wrote: "Imani wrote: "Does anyone want to read with me

From Ashes by Molly McAdamsForgiving Lies (Forgiving Lies, #1) by Molly McAdams[bookcov..."

Great! How about the 22nd?

message 30: by ☆Joycedale☆, Angel With A Shotgun (new)

We still on to start Forgotten Saturday Sarah?

message 31: by Sarah (new)

Yup Joycedale :)

message 32: by Imani (new)

Imani | 66 comments Sarah : Friday is fine with me

Tara : The 22nd is great !

message 33: by Lissette (new)

message 34: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) whichever one is fine with me.

message 35: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) Does anyone wanna read with me?

message 36: by Sarah (new)

Awwww I have neither of those books Lissette :(

message 37: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) it's ok Sarah. you can always download them, that's what i do when i don't wanna buy them or i just check them out at the library

message 38: by Sarah (new)

How is everyone doing on their Buddy Reads Challenge??? :)

message 39: by ☆Joycedale☆, Angel With A Shotgun (new)

I was only able to plan 3 but as soon as you and me finish forgotten I'm done :-)

message 40: by Sarah (new)

Well done Joycedale!!!

message 41: by Diamond (new)

Diamond (diamondnaz) | 258 comments I'm about to start my second one, and my goal was 2. ^_^

message 42: by Leah (new)

Leah (Jane Speare) Anybody want to join me in The Princess Bride? I just started it. (It's good so far.)

message 43: by Tara (new)

Tara | 221 comments Diamond wrote: "I'm about to start my second one, and my goal was 2. ^_^"

My goal was two as well.

message 44: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Meadows (smeadows1984) Who would like to read Siege and Storm with me? I'm thinking 1/5, but I can wait longer if need be. =0)