Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Name Needs Removing from 66 Books

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paw3pals (last edited Nov 27, 2013 08:13PM) (new)

Paw3pals | 1939 comments L J Smith (Actual L.J. Smith is a Goodreads Author.)

It appears that the above author name needs to be removed from most of the remaining 66 books. All imported Nov. 18 from Onix Ingram. Some of them Amazon has as "(Vampire Diaries: Stefan's Diaries)" I believe in error.

I have done quite a lot already, and the other authors listed with the books have been the correct ones. There were about 5 that actually belonged with L.J. Smith.

FYI, I have already fixed some others, also imported Nov. 18 from Onix Ingram - was there a glitch or something?

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie (dragonsusie) | 2472 comments Publisher is wrong, series is wrong... But some of the incorrect info appears on Amazon, too - have double-checked some info with there and the first two books I've checked have the series listed!!

Nucking Futs the Fire Fairy Book-a-holic (firefairyholic) | 348 comments The book titled The Rulers of the Mediterranean has Vampire Diaries: Stefan's Diaries as its Series even on amazon. Are they also importing to amazon?

message 4: by Susie (new)

Susie (dragonsusie) | 2472 comments Chelssie's~midnight~parade~of~a~hundred~demons wrote: "The book titled The Rulers of the Mediterranean has Vampire Diaries: Stefan's Diaries as its Series even on amazon. Are they also importing to amazon?"

I've noticed that with all the ones that I've updated on the list so far. I've reported each one to Amazon as an amendment, so hopefully they'll see a trend there too.

message 5: by Susie (new)

Susie (dragonsusie) | 2472 comments And if you look on each book at our end that's wrong, you'll notice that the publisher is incorrect at our end, too (although that info is correct on Amazon, as well as author).

message 6: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments This one from your list has "MR Francis Jonathan Gilbert Esq" as secondary author when the sole author should be "Francis Gilbert" not L J Smith. The subtitle is duplicated and it also claims to be "Vampire Diaries: Stefan's Diaries"

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

Something is certainly wrong somewhere.

message 7: by Susie (new)

Susie (dragonsusie) | 2472 comments There are now just 15 left...

message 8: by Paw3pals (last edited Nov 24, 2013 06:19PM) (new)

Paw3pals | 1939 comments Banjomike wrote: "This one from your list has "MR Francis Jonathan Gilbert Esq" as secondary author when the sole author should be "Francis Gilbert" not L J Smith. The subtitle is duplicated and it also claims to b..."

It is a Creatspace book - I have noticed that Creatspace Frequently has the name wrong; as in missing initials or Added initials, middle names, titles, etc. It's like they export info from registration profile instead of author name on the book.

message 9: by Paw3pals (new)

Paw3pals | 1939 comments Susie wrote: "There are now just 15 left..."

All gone now. Thanx to all for helping.

Nucking Futs the Fire Fairy Book-a-holic (firefairyholic) | 348 comments It sure took a lot of time and librarians to finish this one lol. And there's probably more like it to come.