YA LGBT Books discussion

Bear Naked
This topic is about Bear Naked

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (last edited Nov 23, 2013 11:43PM) (new) - added it

Rachel Eliason (RachelEliason) | 121 comments Bear Naked by Rachel Eliason

Number of copies available (Edit this as you give out copies): 10

I am looking for reviews of my latest novel, a shapeshifter urban fantasy, Bear Naked

Formats available: Mobi (kindle) or Epub.

Word count or pages: 185 pages

Blurb: Amanda Burnson is a typical teen with all the typical problems: excess weight, struggles with body odor, random people trying to kill her . . . oh, and her boyfriend just might be a werewolf.
At seventeen, Amanda, who has been raised by her neo-pagan uncle, has more friends at the local Renaissance faire than at her high school. Most of her summers are spent at faires, festivals, and Aunt Maggie’s farm.
There is something new going on in the heart of America, in the small Iowa town that Amanda calls home. The whole town is changing—a tough way to begin a school year. New kids alongside the old; new attitudes colliding with the usual annoying old ones; menacing new faces alongside comforting ones. . . things will never be the same once this brew is boiled.

Aimed at older teens. Some violence, some discussions of sexuality and gender but nothing graphic. There are LGBT characters in this book but they are mostly side characters, just as a fair warning.

message 2: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16667 comments Thanks for the info - that's helpful. It sounds like fun (and I hope you get readers for it soon :)

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris Horsefield I have ordered this, I will get back with a review.