The Challenge Factory discussion

♦Factory Archives♦ > Foreman Paris ~ All I Want For Christmas...

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments

This month I’m going to challenge you to read books that contain something you want for Christmas. The book could have an iPod you want or a washer/dryer (I think that’s what David Gandy said he wanted for Christmas) or if you’re like me, your list might be just a bunch of books with hot guys in them (or tattoos since I want another one even though I got 3 this year).

Read 1 book or read 10, the amount is up to you. There are no levels and you don’t have to restrict yourselves to items. Want a trip to Ireland for Christmas? Read a book that’s set there. Want world peace for Christmas? Read a book that portrays that. Have fun, be creative and enjoy what you read!

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays/Happy Reading!

message 2: by Book Concierge (last edited Dec 31, 2013 12:33PM) (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2357 comments All I want is more books ... so maybe I'll work on clearing off some of the TBR so there's room for more!

Books on my TBR for more than 1 year ..

1. The Blessing Way ✔ – 04Dec13
2. Crossing to Safety ✔ – 05Dec13
3. Grave Peril ✔ – 05Dec13
4. The Woman in White ✔ – 12Dec13
5. Lolita ✔ – 13Dec13
6. The Great Santini ✔ – 14Dec13
7. Northanger Abbey ✔ – 23Dec13
8. Can't Wait to Get to Heaven ✔ - 27Dec13
9. Behind the Beautiful Forevers ✔ – 15Dec13

message 3: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16355 comments Mod
I'm in

message 4: by Rebecca (last edited Dec 09, 2013 07:52AM) (new)

Rebecca | 102 comments I'm in. I'd like some cuddle time with my husband so I think I'll read a romance novel!

I picked my book. It's The Boy Next Door (Boy, #1) by Meg Cabot just started it and it seems very good so far.
I just finished my book. Very good, written in a very different style, it's all e-mails. I really enjoyed it!
12/9/2013*****

message 5: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments I'm in.

message 6: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) | 375 comments This sounds fun

message 7: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 1927 comments A hot guy would be nice or a trip to Australia. Hmmm let's see what I can come up with.

message 8: by Christine (new)

Christine (inhalesbookslikepopcorn) | 330 comments I'm in. A hot guy with tattoos or a trip to Australia ... yeah that sounds good :)

message 9: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments I like the way you ladies think. lol

Rebecca, yours totally made me say awwwww. I hope you get some cuddle time with your husband.

message 10: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 102 comments Thank you Paris we are going to make a concerted effort this month. I think we've set Saturday evening aside for "us" time!

message 11: by Suzanne (last edited Dec 26, 2013 07:31AM) (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 1434 comments I'm in! I've got a few items on my christmas list!

The Challenge Factory
Foreman Paris ~ All I Want For Christmas...
Duration:
12/1/2013 - 12/31/2013

This month I’m going to challenge you to read books that contain something you want for Christmas. The book could have an iPod you want or a washer/dryer (I think that’s what David Gandy said he wanted for Christmas) or if you’re like me, your list might be just a bunch of books with hot guys in them (or tattoos since I want another one even though I got 3 this year).

Read 1 book or read 10, the amount is up to you. There are no levels and you don’t have to restrict yourselves to items. Want a trip to Ireland for Christmas? Read a book that’s set there. Want world peace for Christmas? Read a book that portrays that. Have fun, be creative and enjoy what you read!

1. Futures and Frosting by Tara Sivec - ***** - 12/4/2013 - Lots of Yummy Snacks!
2. Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything by Steven D. Levitt - ***** - 12/11/2013 - Even more food!
3. Butterfly Swords by Jeannie Lin - *** - 12/15/2013 - A New Robe
4. Inkheart by Cornelia Funke - **** - 12/17/2013 - MORE BOOKS!
5. 12 Rounds by Lauren Hammond - **** - 12/19/2013 - A Tattoo!
6. Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill - **** - 12/25/2013 - New Jeans

Futures and Frosting (Chocolate Lovers, #2) by Tara Sivec Freakonomics A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything (Freakonomics, #1) by Steven D. Levitt Butterfly Swords (Tang Dynasty, #1) by Jeannie Lin Inkheart (Inkworld, #1) by Cornelia Funke 12 Rounds (Knockout, #1) by Lauren Hammond Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill

message 12: by Barbara ★ (last edited Jan 01, 2014 10:42AM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 1927 comments I'm easy to please...

READ: 6/5

✔1. The Line Between Here and Gone - Andrea Kane (really cool gadgets) 12/6
✔2. Grimm End - S.T. Cameron (a cat shifter, hmmm) 12/9
✔3. Thankless in Death - J.D. Robb (Roarke!!!) 12/12
✔4. Death Bringer - Derek Landy (I want a skeleton friend) 12/12
✔5. Breakup - Dana Stabenow (I want to go to Alaska) 12/18
✔6. Seaborne - Katherine Irons (I want to meet a merman) 12/31

The Line Between Here and Gone by Andrea Kane Grimm End by S.T. Cameron Thankless in Death (In Death, #37) by J.D. Robb Death Bringer (Skulduggery Pleasant, #6) by Derek Landy Breakup (Kate Shugak, #7) by Dana Stabenow Seaborne (Seaborne #1) by Katherine Irons

CHALLENGE COMPLETE

message 13: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (oma1229) | 344 comments So many things to choose!!!

1.The Minor Adjustment Beauty Salon by Alexander McCall Smith-Completed 12/4-*****- Trip to Botswana, Africa

2. Quickstep to Murder by Ella Barrick-Completed 12/10-****-Ballroom Dance Lessons

3.Mrs. Queen Takes the Train by William Kuhn-Completed 12/16-*****- Tea with the Queen and perhaps a little peek at Prince George!

4. Midnight Sun by M.J. Fredrick-Completed 12/4-***- A cruise to Antarctica to play with the penguins!

5.Return of the Rose by Theresa Ragan-Completed 12/14-*** Time-Travel to medieval England--just a short visit!

6. Takedown Twenty by Janet Evanovich-Completed 12/13-***** Ranger or Morelli--difficult decision--oh heck, its Christmas, I take both!

message 14: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) | 375 comments Done:

1. Hooper, Kay Hostage hot man
2. Albom, Mitch The First Phone Call from Heaven talk to the dead
3. Surzynski, Gloria Valley of Death trip to death valley

message 15: by Book Concierge (last edited Dec 31, 2013 12:34PM) (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2357 comments UPDATE to Message #2 - CHALLENGE COMPLETED 28Dec13

I managed to get 9 books off my tbr list to make room for more books!

(I read 15 books this month, and may finish another tonight, but they weren't all on my tbr for over a year ...)