Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Change a cover

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Carpenter | 21 comments I have a new cover for this book and need to change it out. I understand I need a librarian for this. Thank you.

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie (dragonsusie) | 2472 comments Hi,

Which book is it (you haven't linked to one)?

FYI, we do not actually change covers on already published works, but instead add an alternate-cover edition. Please see here and here for more information.

message 3: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Carpenter | 21 comments Yes I understand this, but the thread you sent didn't help me. The first cover is basically B&W, the new one is full color, otherwise it's exactly the same. No problem defaulting to the new one, but I still need help uploading it.

message 4: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Carpenter | 21 comments Sorry, forgot to add the book link. It's:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 5: by Maggie (new)

message 6: by Susie (last edited Nov 24, 2013 09:30AM) (new)

Susie (dragonsusie) | 2472 comments OK, needed to make sure you knew the rules! :)

The ACE has been added and can be found here. If you wish to set this one as the default edition, the instructions are here.

I also noticed whilst I was in the combine screen that you added a note to The Billionaire's Daughter. Those notes aren't usually seen unless someone goes into one of the edit screens. What is it that you need?

message 7: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Carpenter | 21 comments Sorry, I guess I'm not being clear. I don't know how to upload the NEW cover in order to make it the default cover.

I believe all my issues with my other books have been dealt with.

Thank you

message 8: by Emy (last edited Nov 24, 2013 12:46PM) (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5029 comments Maggie,

Susie has done this for you already for White Knight, Black Knight, but for reference when you have a new cover this is what we do:

1. Create a completely new edition WITHOUT ISBN/ASIN for each format that has the new cover.
2. Combine the new editions with the existing ones.
3. Provide the links to the new editions to the author.

If you follow the instructions listed above (as per Susie in post #6), you can make your new covers Primary / default. This means that they show first in searches and on your author dashboard.

Apart from the setting of Primary editions, which Librarians cannot do, we are happy to help you add the new Alternate Cover editions whenever needed. Don't feel concerned about asking us to do it for you. :)

Re the note on Billionaire's Daughter, you can use this link to contact Support - they won't know you need / want help otherwise.