Books Similar to Breaking Bad, Scandal, and Other Popular TV Shows discussion

Group Standards > What To Do During Hiatus

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael Stephenson | 88 comments Mod
AHHH! OK, so you've been watching a particular show for so many weeks or months. It is good, I mean really good! The characters have such a contentious life and yet, you can't leave them alone. After the finish of each new episode you agonize over having to wait a full week to see another and then the most dreadful thing happens... the show goes on hiatus.

What do you do now?

This topic is simply to talk about what we do with that extra time and rabid fandom that we have when a show goes on hiatus. Note that this topic is about all other hobbies or interests OUTSIDE OF READING. I know, that's tough. But it's just a group to talk about what you do.

message 2: by Michael (new)

I'll go first and don't be afraid to jump in. When I am not reading/writing and not watching my favorite shows, I like to play hidden object games. Now, my eyes aren't that great but I love the online Hidden Object games.

message 3: by Katharine (new)

Katharine Francis (emilylarson) I always try to find something else to watch in the mean time. Or, most of the time, I google everything about the show and try to see if I missed anything or saw something differently from someone else. Then try to see what the next seasons going to be about. But that part only lasts a few weeks. Then hopefully by that time I have found something else to watch.

I think the worst is when you get really into a show and you think it's the best thing ever and they up and cancel it on you. Then they just end it with not wrap up. That drives me crazy!

message 4: by Michael (new)

Yeah, I am like that sometimes also--mostly in the winter. I also like to go hiking and biking and getting out and being active. I think it really can inspire my writing, but sometimes just lying on the floor watching TV is all I need.