Fast Times At Sunnydale High discussion

General Chat > Doctor Who

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Luann (new)

Luann (azbookgal) (Sorry for cross-posting for those who are also in the Browncoats group.)

Do any of you watch Doctor Who? I've been watching it on Netflix and have come across some interesting episodes that I think Buffy/Firefly/Dr. Horrible fans would enjoy.

First, Anthony Stewart Head (Giles on Buffy) guest stars in an episode in season 2 called "School Reunion." An interesting aspect of that episode is that his character plays a type of alien who sometimes turn into giant bats. I found this information on the page for that episode at TV.com:

The Krillitane's bat-like appearance coincides with Buffy star Anthony Stewart Head's appearance. Featuring Buffy actors in episodes with a vampiric motif is becoming a common theme in the 21st century (such as Amber Benson in Supernatural's "Bloodlust" and James Marsters in Smallville's "Thirst"). Also Mercedes McNab as the Vampire Lucy in Supernatural's "Fresh Blood".

(On that same theme, Joss directed the "bat" episode in season 3 of The Office called "Business School.")

Back to Doctor Who, there is a two-part episode in season 2 that reminds me of elements in both Firefly and Buffy. The first part is called "The Impossible Planet" and the second is called "The Satan Pit."

The very next episode in season 2 is called "Love and Monsters" and I think fans of Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog would really enjoy that one.

message 2: by Luann (new)

Luann (azbookgal) I'm not addicted yet, but I could see where that might become a problem. So far I've just watched seasons one and two - and I caught one episode of season four once on Sci-Fi Network. I am enjoying them a lot, though.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

i LOVE DOCTOR WHO!!!!!!!!!! it is a GREAT show