Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Ghost Train
This topic is about Ghost Train
Book Issues > correct book format

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Brian (herkamur) | 87 comments Could a librarian please correct the book format of this one? I should be hardcover and not "Railroad stories for boys" as it currently states.

Thank you.

message 2: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Done. I have entered "Railroad stories for boys" as the description -- do you have a better one for this book, by any chance?

Brian (herkamur) | 87 comments I've read it so I can write a quick one. This is a partial excerpt from the book along with my own additions:

---

The O’Malleys, for three generations, had served the Southwestern railroad and Terry was the last of the men of the third generation to get a job on the system. His older brothers, John and Tim, were now pulling the throttles on two of the fastest runs on the system, Tim on the Western express and John on the fast mail. Terry was proud of the ability of his brothers and he was determined to be equally successful.

Terry worked part time at the local station as an assistant agent in his last year of high school and upon graduation planned to be hired on full time by the Southwestern. Mountain railroading was dangerous work and Terry found adventure working the line.

---

How's that sound?

message 4: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments That sounds great. Thank you!